22 replies to this topic

#1 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:10 PM

So yeah my question is quite simple but how come that the Marik scout missions and invasion missions are always empty?
Or better said almost always empty? :(

#2 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:18 PM

Because there is NO incentive for the southern houses like Marik, Liao, and Davion to engage in FW. The rewards given just do not justify the overly long queue times required for matches. Moreover, it gets really boring fighting each other over and over again, without any real point to it.

#3 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:56 PM

As mentioned above, the House itself has fallen in numbers of active organized players and groups and there is little incentive to play CW in the first place.

There are still some units, be it loyalists or mercs, that do drop (somewhat) regularly under Marik flag, so getting in touch with those folks might be your best bet.

#4 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:26 PM

Marik is empty because the leadership stopped caring. We used to be quite active before CW with MMM and Various other tournaments and events. Then CW happened and the leadership started disappearing. Nothing was done to keep the community together so it drifted apart.

#5 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:19 AM

Well that's sad to hear. :(

#6 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

Yeah, CW's been a bit lack luster, and without the heavy activity that you see on the Clan borders, wait times get long, and aren't worth the incentives (not to mention the whole point of playing MWO being to play the game, not sit in a match queue).

I do intend to get the Widows active in CW again, to try and bolster the FWLM's activity there, now that I'm back in the game. I've been visiting my parents this past week, so I haven't pushed much there yet, but in the next couple days I intend to start making significant forays into CW, if anyone's looking to get some matches in.

#7 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:34 AM

I'm always up for some clan warfare stuff. :)

#8 BaconTWOfourACTUAL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:46 AM

Are you currently using the Marik teamspeak? You'll find a lot of us online there.

#9 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

View PostBaconTWOfourACTUAL, on 09 August 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

Are you currently using the Marik teamspeak? You'll find a lot of us online there.

I didn't even know there was such a thing but I have to pass on that.
Can't hear so good so listening to other people through a wacky voip channel is irritating for me.
Though with that being said I do only tend to turn the in-game stuff on while in group battles or Faction warfare.

#10 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:51 AM

You dont really need to listen. Just go there to meet others and you can get in on some team drops.

Start by going to http://housemarik.enjin.com/ and join. You will get the TS info once you join. Worst case scenario you meet with a few people and do some general drops.

Or you can join a more active faction, but if your like me, its not an option to fly the colors of another House or filthy Clan :-). So I would recomend TS even if you dont chat.

#11 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:25 AM

I will look into it later.
Although join a more active house is a hell no! :P

#12 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:52 AM

I can tell the reason i stopped playing the scout missions after hundreds of these games they end up being the same over and over. There was a point when just took 4 spiders and neven even fought because you dont even need too.

That being said BW commander has said he wants to focus more on CW again so we might be doing this soon.

View PostLady Alexandra Cousland, on 09 August 2016 - 08:44 AM, said:

I didn't even know there was such a thing but I have to pass on that.
Can't hear so good so listening to other people through a wacky voip channel is irritating for me.
Though with that being said I do only tend to turn the in-game stuff on while in group battles or Faction warfare.

Voip in game is junk Voip via teampspeak3 is very good. You can't really play CW without being on TS and playing as a team. You dont have to talk but you need to listen to the drop callers commands.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 09 August 2016 - 10:57 AM.

#13 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 09 August 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

I can tell the reason i stopped playing the scout missions after hundreds of these games they end up being the same over and over. There was a point when just took 4 spiders and neven even fought because you dont even need too.

That being said BW commander has said he wants to focus more on CW again so we might be doing this soon.

Voip in game is junk Voip via teampspeak3 is very good. You can't really play CW without being on TS and playing as a team. You dont have to talk but you need to listen to the drop callers commands.

Nowadays they all take stormcrows and just play whack a mole.
I do plenty of scout missions with my lil locust. Posted Image

It's not the talking which I find a problem it's the hearing people that annoys me.
I have a difficulty understanding what people say through a phone or a microphone most the times unless they are louder and articulate properly which can make it easier on me.
Otherwise it sound like rabble to me.

Edited by Lady Alexandra Cousland, 09 August 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#14 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:18 PM

View PostLady Alexandra Cousland, on 09 August 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

Nowadays they all take stormcrows and just play whack a mole.
I do plenty of scout missions with my lil locust. Posted Image

It's not the talking which I find a problem it's the hearing people that annoys me.
I have a difficulty understanding what people say through a phone or a microphone most the times unless they are louder and articulate properly which can make it easier on me.
Otherwise it sound like rabble to me.

Im not sure if you used teamspeak 3 before but i can say its 200% easier the listen too than the ingame. I look forward to see you on the TS server. Most the time im down lower in the BW bays.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 09 August 2016 - 12:19 PM.

#15 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 09 August 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

Im not sure if you used teamspeak 3 before but i can say its 200% easier the listen too than the ingame. I look forward to see you on the TS server. Most the time im down lower in the BW bays.

Yeah I tried it three times because people kept asking me in my clan on an other game.
Not really satisfactory. :S

#16 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

TS3 does have different bandwidth levels you can set the whole server, or individual channels at. At the lower bandwidth, it gets pretty crappy. I can't speak for other servers, but I know the FWLM TS runs fairly high bandwidth, and the voice quality is pretty good. We've also got a number of experienced drop callers, who are usually good at making sure they're understood, patchy comms or no.

You're more than welcome to pop on and give it a shot. Anyone in the community would be happy to help troubleshoot any comms issues, and the worst thing that could happen is you still have comms problems.

#17 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:48 AM

Well that Marik site is something to get used to.
That layout is confusing. :P

#18 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:52 AM

Yeah, it can be, sometimes. It was originally created by somebody who knew Enjin inside and out, and then they left the game, and then as various unit leaders' activity has waxed and waned and waxed again, we've all kinda had turns trying to figure bits of it out. We could probably stand to clean things up a bit, but between you, me, and the forum bulkhead over there, I haven't made the suggestion yet because I don't want to be the guy stuck trying to figure out how to do it. } ; = 8 P

You can always just connect straight to the TS server at housemarik.enjinvoice.com. We don't usually have a whole lot of activity in the early AM eastern time, but there's a couple people hanging around here and there, and I'm on staycation right now, so I'm usually hanging out in TS whether I'm in game or not.

#19 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

View PostLady Alexandra Cousland, on 11 August 2016 - 03:48 AM, said:

Well that Marik site is something to get used to.
That layout is confusing. Posted Image

thats what you get for joining purple birds

#20 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:59 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 17 August 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

thats what you get for joining purple birds

See what you don't know is the website is setup to start testing you to be Marik from day 1. A lot of people failed this test and turned to clan easy mode :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users