Flushing Coolant In Heat Sinks

5 replies to this topic

#1 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

After how many fights should I be flushing coolant in heat sinks ? I feel that my IS mechs are not as battle worthy these last months so I figured maybe I am due for some refit and down time.

Also has any one found a good way to recalibrate IS er large laser lenses ?

Edited by DaFrog, 07 August 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:54 PM

Hmm...sounds like your immersive motivator needs to be replaced...or maybe you just don't have one. Get that fixed and then consider updating your lore complex, and then if you still don't see any improvement you might want to think about a full interaction sequencer install. Then again, maybe everything is just fine and you should consider buying a new mech pack. I'm told that will always act as a fix for all ills. Worst case: just take some time, shut down, and go to a nice tropical island. I assure you it won't be a lonely vacation.

#3 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

And here I was trying for some btech rolepaly, and you bring me right back in it....... nIn

#4 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

Try the RP section

#5 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

Well, I've found that if the fight's vicious enough I end up losing half the stuff and needing a refill anyways. As for flushing the coolant, now, my tech wont let me actually work on the 'ole girl myself anymore, but as I understand it, you really only need to do a flush after a year or so.

Now, as for re-calibrating lasers? Whew, just no. No way. Get a spare that's not to banged up from some salvage. Trust me, those things are waaay too fiddly.

~Leone.

#6 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:54 AM

View PostDaFrog, on 07 August 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

And here I was trying for some btech rolepaly, and you bring me right back in it....... nIn

Sorry Frog. Couldn't help it. Since there is no BattleTech in this supposed BattleTech game I had assumed your post was being snarky.

This is "Guides and Strategies". Posts here are supposed to be about this game, the one we have; not the one that we want or that is advertised as being "A BattleTech Game", but the one we have. Appropriate posts in this section might be things like: "Hey since there is no tutorial for CW how do I get started?" or "Hey since there is no information about roles for mechs how does a new player know what is a good one to start with?" or "Hey, why do I have to go to this Sarna website to learn anything about the mechs, and how come those descriptions don't seem to apply to much of what is in the game?" Things like that.

There is a fan fiction section somewhere else in the forums should you want to try and having some interaction about this "btech" thing that you seem interested in. What it has to do with this game though, I have no idea. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users