Blackjack - 1(C) With Ac/20

7 replies to this topic

#1 Cmdr Gritzan

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:07 PM

Wanted to share this build I decided to test because I had an AC/20 laying around my Mech Bay. It's surprisingly effective. Just accompany your main force and peek together with Assaults or Heavies, so you aren't focused. It runs pretty cold too.

Also, protect your right side as if it is your mother.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b85a31f93ca611d

Dishing around 500-800 damage per match and getting from 2 to 5 kills.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

The flying hunchback, always solid.

You can optimize that a bit further though
BJ-1(C)

Four tons of ammo should be plenty, but you could drop the heatsink for another if you wanted. The extra Mlas is worth it too, even if its not fully armored.

#3 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:38 AM

At first seeing someone discover a classic Boomjack on their own made me smile...
...then it made me frown.

That was one of the first community-designed Champion mechs, Posted Image And we worked long and hard to defend it when the voting for champion loadouts started. Did the naysayers and plebeians finally get their way and have the BJ-1(C) revamped with AC/2's or some such nonsense?

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:17 AM

View Postjuxstapo, on 25 September 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

At first seeing someone discover a classic Boomjack on their own made me smile...
...then it made me frown.

That was one of the first community-designed Champion mechs, Posted Image And we worked long and hard to defend it when the voting for champion loadouts started. Did the naysayers and plebeians finally get their way and have the BJ-1(C) revamped with AC/2's or some such nonsense?

Nope, this is still the champion build. It's completely irrelevant and not really very effective due to quirks and meta shifts, though.

#5 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:55 PM

View PostTercieI, on 25 September 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

Nope, this is still the champion build. It's completely irrelevant and not really very effective due to quirks and meta shifts, though.

Ah! *phew*... eh, relevance is relative and effectiveness doesn't matter anymore, (since it isn't a Stormcrow) that thing is a piece of history, (along with all other mediums that aren't Stormcrows).

At first brush I thought OP was mentioning putting a twenty on a BJ-1(C), (leading me to conclude that when he purchased the mech it was equipped with something else), now I see that the first responder was the one who mentioned the champion and OP was talking about Something Completely Different.

Sleep deprived Levi drama.

#6 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:57 PM

View Postjuxstapo, on 25 September 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

Ah! *phew*... eh, relevance is relative and effectiveness doesn't matter anymore, (since it isn't a Stormcrow) that thing is a piece of history, (along with all other mediums that aren't Stormcrows).

At first brush I thought OP was mentioning putting a twenty on a BJ-1(C), (leading me to conclude that when he purchased the mech it was equipped with something else), now I see that the first responder was the one who mentioned the champion and OP was talking about Something Completely Different.

Sleep deprived Levi drama.

Deep breaths. :)

Would you feel better or worse knowing the HBK-IIC has largely supplanted the SCR?

#7 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:14 PM

Better actually!

Because I own one.. just one, that I've driven once. (Impulse purchase). But I like it much more than I liked my Stormcrow. (It's a hunchie... with blue!! Yay!)

I bought one of those also, drove the thing once and promptly sold it... because the cockpit was ugly. More specifically the cockpit didn't look like it belonged in this franchise... seemed to be out of another mech game that was in development about the same time as this one. I hated it, and if the inside of a mech doesn't jive for me I can't stand it man.

#8 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:54 AM

View Postjuxstapo, on 25 September 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

Better actually!

Because I own one.. just one, that I've driven once. (Impulse purchase). But I like it much more than I liked my Stormcrow. (It's a hunchie... with blue!! Yay!)

I bought one of those also, drove the thing once and promptly sold it... because the cockpit was ugly. More specifically the cockpit didn't look like it belonged in this franchise... seemed to be out of another mech game that was in development about the same time as this one. I hated it, and if the inside of a mech doesn't jive for me I can't stand it man.

LOL. I remember. I don't even see the cockpits...

Which HBK-IIC did you get? The base and A are both great (I favor the A, I have three of them...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users