#1 Roaxis Stalomainis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:58 AM

PGI Staff,

I know you like to keep your player base safe, however, at the same time I just happened to stumble upon this today while trying to review a few things. Thought you would like to know that one of your certificates has either expired or for some unknown reason has no Certificate Authority. If anyone else sees this I would definitely directly email PGI at support@mwomercs.com for further assistance (more than likely they would prefer the email).

Posted Image

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

Excuse me, but I have to ask a couple of things...

Are you using an AntiVirus, and if so, which one? It's at all possible that your browser and/or the opposite end are getting upset over the AntiVirus's SSL Filtering. Generally speaking, you won't be able to maintain a Secure Connection with that kind of activity going on. Disabling SSL Filtering in your AntiVirus will fix that and allow you to keep moving along properly. Your AntiVirus's other functions will take care of any impending worries which you may have at that point.

However, if you're not using an AntiVirus at all, then why aren't you? Things like this aren't showing up for most people, because they have the sanity to use an AntiVirus. To even see this with a website like MWO is usually a sign that a computer has become infected, and is then in need of repair.

Please double-check that your computer isn't harmed and/or misbehaving in any way, alright? :huh:

~D. V. "I've seen something like this, but it wasn't the website's fault..." Devnull

#3 Roaxis Stalomainis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:33 PM

D V Devnull, not my systems fault. That was a fresh install of Windows... AV was not installed yet because I'm not wasting my product keys until I verify everything is working on the system. Foolish, but it eliminates that particular issue you mentioned as it was only happening for the one section of the website. Sorry for the late reply, but I also have work to factor in as well. Tech Support keeps you busy.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

It is Mozilla reporting the issue. It is also possible that the local certificates that were pulled had not been updated. I am not able to replicate the warning on my end at this time using Firefox

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 August 2016 - 06:19 PM.

#5 Roaxis Stalomainis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

Yea, doesn't happen anymore really, but that was for a few brief hours over the weekend. I would doubt that this is an ongoing issue, just wanted to make the PGI staff aware. It was fixed shortly after the original post. After all, they don't respond to emails anymore from what I've personally experienced.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users