3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:19 AM

During a news broadcast, it was mentioned that the Clinton Foundation helped Russia gain access and purchase one fifth of the Uranium Reserves formally owned by the United States. Now I'm no nuke expert, so I can't tell you how many nukes that would produce. It is concerning that anyone would allow such a large transfer of such a substance. Now this post is not about politics, it is about a concern over the transfer of nuclear material. While the Uranium could be used for fuel, I am worried that it could just as easily be used for WMD's. Add to this fact that the Clinton Foundation intended to help build a computer development center near Moscow, at the price tag of 1 Billion. Yet this money was turned into development of military components.

Scary times.

#2 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

I got some news for you: big media corporations feed on your fear and corrupt politicians take advantage of a scared, divided population. 'Murica, sad to see where you're heading. Victim to populists, failing to realize that your standard of living never was higher, in recorded history.

#3 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:10 AM

I think russia has something like a monopoly over the nuclear fuel market.

Nuclear power plants around the world buy refined uranium from russia, they have the biggest stockpile in the world.

That's one shortcoming of nuclear power, its dual use technology. The same fuel that powers nuclear power plants can be used to make bombs.

One reason why thorium based nuclear energy could be worth pursuing, it doesn't have that drawback.

#4 Alstren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNext door to PGI's North American server room

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users