Weight Of The World Event

161 replies to this topic

#41 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

Horrible timing. And prepare to see all Kodiaks, Timbys, Hunchback IIC-A, and Cheetahs all weekend.

#42 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

Yeah for fun woot!

#43 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:15 PM

HAHAHHAHAHAH, and let the chaos ensue. man some people just need to smoke some weed and relax. oh wait not everyone lives in area's where that's legal, umm. get drunk?

#44 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:17 PM

PGI isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but all these knee jerk reaction on timing shows a lot of vocal community aren't the bluntest hammer in the draw either.

The PTS runs for wks or months and if you think PGI will tune the energy draw based on just a wkend of player testing, you are joking. Weekly events are what keeps casuals coming in over the weekend (like me who has no interest in FW or PTS) while the rest of you (thumbs up for actually going through the PTS) can test the crap out of this new mechanic over the coming wks.

tl;dr: those who wants to do PTS have plenty of time over the coming weeks; weekly event is a stable for casuals who wouldn't do PTS anyway. The two don't impact each other.

#45 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:46 PM

Ok and how many PTS did they run for other game features they introduced? One weekend, maybe two? Who remembers the PTS for the new info warfare they ran? It ran one week and then they scrapped the entire idea cause of the very vocal negative feedback they got. Some of you all saying PTS will run for weeks obviously haven't been around long enough to know how PGI uses the PTS.

#46 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:43 PM

Appreciate the free stuff and the slightly differing goals for different weight classes! Even better, when you had set different goals for the weight classes altogether - not only lowering the requirements for lights (which is too easy for decent light pilots - I bet there will be some who complete the challeng in a single-digit number of games. Except maybe for the Match score, it should be doable in 3 games methinks).

I very much like the combined leaderboards for the weight classes, since that should give a much better indication towards the indiviual chassis' balance.

So, for future reference, try to give ROLES more meaning, for example reward lights to spotting assists, tagging and NARCing or *gasp* sneaky kills from behind as well as for scouting. Shift those more towards the traditional goals with higher weight classes, eliminating them completey for some things (Lights should not need KMDD, Assaults no scouting for example).

Edited by PFC Carsten, 18 August 2016 - 11:46 PM.

#47 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:07 AM

Well, for the first time in my MWO career, I'm gonna say: THANK YOU, PGI, with no "ifs" or "buts" attached :) I'm gonna enjoy every second of this event, savoring it as the last breath of sweet air before the new bullsh*t energy draw system goes live and destroys MWO as we know it. Let's have fun, everybody, it may very well be our last chance!

#48 Mega0

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:19 AM

Oh noes, my usual strategy of playing worst chassis in the class for less competition not gonna work this time! Posted Image

#49 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:34 AM

View PostRhialto, on 18 August 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

Could make sense... no idea why the patch cannot be deployed then event just keep running after that.
If that is really a problem then I think they should simply do that event the next day after the patch.

Because they always follow a mech release with a leaderboard event for that mech. Mech releases on a tuesday, so the leaderboard for that mech will begin thurs afternoon or friday morning (pacific time).

#50 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:36 AM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 18 August 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

Ok and how many PTS did they run for other game features they introduced? One weekend, maybe two? Who remembers the PTS for the new info warfare they ran? It ran one week and then they scrapped the entire idea cause of the very vocal negative feedback they got. Some of you all saying PTS will run for weeks obviously haven't been around long enough to know how PGI uses the PTS.

Ah but if your first hour in that new club is absolute sh*t, will you still spend the rest of the evening there? The results must've been so negative, and probably in line with what PGI thought so too, that it doesn't make sense to spend more time on it. If a few vocal post over a wkend of testing can make PGI change their mind about some mechanic, MWO will not be what it is right now.

Extended testing only happens if the initial testing proves viable. Ironically, given the obvious failure of power draw being posted in PTS, this round of power draw testing may not actually last over the wkend.

#51 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:50 AM

Please extend the event to Thursday PGI, I thought progress was being made on this. I'll not get time to do this in the weekend :(

#52 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:01 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 19 August 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

Please extend the event to Thursday PGI, I thought progress was being made on this. I'll not get time to do this in the weekend Posted Image

see above... the cyclops leaderboard will be happening next thursday. For that matter... we've had THREE weight class leaderboards since the last patch already that ran a week each and, now we're getting an every weight class leaderboard. I am fine with it not going a week. And there's still to come the heavies leaderboard and mech sales event next month shortly before the next patch to lead into the night gyr release and its leaderboard.

#53 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:26 AM

It's Friday evening in Oz, but the event doesn't start until what... midnight or 2300 or something? Not much, if any, playtime on the weekend, Monday and Tuesday is a coinflip of a chance at best. There's a tad more to do in this one, which is certainly nice and when I read it initially on my phone on the way home, I was looking forward to an evening of playing 'Mechs and trying to see how I would do on these challenges. Don't get me wrong, but I'm here for the fun, the event runs a shorter amount of time now too?

Just a tad dissapointed, I thought I had a shot at these. Now I clearly don't.

#54 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 18 August 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

I know a few of my unit are spending time on the PTS and I hope to do so myself tomorrow but if it's a choice of event or PTS, the event wins I'm afraid. Free stuff is free afterall Posted Image

In a Free to Play business model game like this one, the players are a huge part of the actual content of the game. Events like the upcoming one are pretty much the company bribing/enticing players to play more during the event to increase the content of their game for that period of time.

#55 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:45 AM

this is going to entirely kill your energy test during the period of the event.

#56 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:26 AM

Finally some MC prizes and not boxes which everyone have plenty of.

#57 Luke Machan

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:43 AM

• Premium Time received during this event activates immediately when you receive the prize in-game.
Good morning, if I have understood if I get qualified the same day by 4 day active premium time bonuses (each for every size) I will be rewarded only by 1 day and not 1day+1day+1day+1day…so I loose 3 days premium bonus, isn’t it?

Many thanks

Best regards

Edited by Luke Machan, 19 August 2016 - 02:53 AM.

#58 Toxicresidue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Locationcorpus christi texas

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:44 AM

hey another leaderboard event where the cheesedick second accounts can farm the top prizes.

#59 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:58 AM

View PostLuke Machan, on 19 August 2016 - 02:43 AM, said:

• Premium Time received during this event activates immediately when you receive the prize in-game.
Good morning, if I have understood if I get qualified the same day by 4 day active premium time bonuses (each for every size) I will be rewarded only by 1 day and not 1day+1day+1day+1day…so I loose 3 days premium bonus, isn’t it?

Many thanks

Best regards

It adds up. You'll get a total of 4 consecutive premium days. Activation happens immediately on the 1st day. The subsequent ones will append to the existing one hence theimmediate activation phrasing.

That means you can't play for 1 days, take a wk off and use the 2nd day etc etc.

Edited by SQW, 19 August 2016 - 03:00 AM.

#60 Luke Machan

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:16 AM

View PostSQW, on 19 August 2016 - 02:58 AM, said:

It adds up. You'll get a total of 4 consecutive premium days. Activation happens immediately on the 1st day. The subsequent ones will append to the existing one hence theimmediate activation phrasing.

That means you can't play for 1 days, take a wk off and use the 2nd day etc etc.

Many thanks......Eureka !!!!!! Your words sound very good to me !!!!!!!! bye bye

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users