Patch Notes - 1.4.81 - 23-Aug-2016

134 replies to this topic

#41 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

Assume 5% for ultra rare. Essentially the same chance as rolling a critical hit in D&D.

#42 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:17 AM

Great looking patch. Alot of stuff finally arriving.
Still more to go and the new heat scale system may need some tweaking, otherwise.. promising.
Im cautionary optimistic.
Keep it up PGI, dont falter, dont give up.

#43 Redwo1f

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMaple Ridge, B.C. , Canada

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:09 AM

Multiple drop decks -- good. Charging MC for them -- bad.
Should be a basic utilitarian feature of the game. Damn everything is becoming a money grab now, really disappointed. Posted Image

...Just wait for it, wait for it...the paid map add-ons coming soon... Posted Image

Edited by Redwo1f, 20 August 2016 - 11:16 AM.

#44 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 August 2016 - 08:07 AM, said:

Assume 5% for ultra rare. Essentially the same chance as rolling a critical hit in D&D.

Until you get a ******* Sword with improved criticals. What % chance for crit is 17-20?

#45 GothicVash

• PipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:01 PM

i still really want a toggle for the stupid call to arms pop ups. they can be a bit obnoxious

#46 Grinster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

Fixed a lot of map bugs I never got around to reporting. Thanks for the extra drop decks. Thanks PGI

#47 Tuberouscrop

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostGothicVash, on 20 August 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

i still really want a toggle for the stupid call to arms pop ups. they can be a bit obnoxious

it's already in the settings, came last patch iirc

#48 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:21 PM

View PostGothicVash, on 20 August 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

i'M pretty sure that was in the last patch. Its probably defaulted to ON.

From the july patch notes...

Rounding out the patch we have some quality of life improvements to the in-match chat system, the introduction of a toggle for the display of Faction Play Call To Arms notices, the addition of a Call To Arms section to the Faction Play Planet Finder

#49 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:41 PM

View PostColonel ONeill, on 20 August 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

The connecting bug is still not fixed? This is by far the most important thing. Better put work in that than in trees, time of day or decals.

I wish I could like this more than once. Definitely one of the most annoying things right now.

#50 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:48 PM

View PostRedwo1f, on 20 August 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

Should be a basic utilitarian feature of the game. Damn everything is becoming a money grab now, really disappointed. Posted Image

...Just wait for it, wait for it...the paid map add-ons coming soon... Posted Image

First 4 (2 inv, 2 scout) are free... Only if you want more... that doesn't strike me as a cash grab...

#51 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

Not bad. There is still much to do ... but please. what will be the last map being updated. Canyin network , Terra therma. note Large laser same tns er large laser???? drop deck 2 mech 1 match scouts mod?????? Posted Image

#52 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

The big news is that finally invasion and scouting dropdecks are desperate.
Your scouting mech will not take the 1st place in Invasion dropdeck.

#53 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:19 AM

View PostRedwo1f, on 20 August 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

4 for each game mode should be heaps two defensive and two offensive loud outs and scouting you could go something really quick something middle of the rode something with lots of fire power and something a bit specialized dont realy see why i would need any more.

#54 Dredger

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:45 AM

Posted Image

So the community suspicion was correct. Why wasn't this weighted reward system disclosed at the very beginning, or at least when players started making threads about their concerns?

Why does this seem like yet another feature that was intentionally designed to sucker players into buying MC? Not exactly inspiring confidence in the integrity of your business model...

#55 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:25 AM

View PostDredger, on 21 August 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

Posted Image

So the community suspicion was correct. Why wasn't this weighted reward system disclosed at the very beginning, or at least when players started making threads about their concerns?

Why does this seem like yet another feature that was intentionally designed to sucker players into buying MC? Not exactly inspiring confidence in the integrity of your business model...

JUST EVERYONE STOP Buying them. Rewards in them are shown and now you know chances its a rigged stupid system to sucker people like you say to buy MC if we all just sell them they will wake up and change them.

#56 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

View PostDredger, on 21 August 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

Because they expected players to be adults (or at least have common sense and basic intelligence) and to read the patch notes or twitter feed explaining them, and not be entitled schoolchildren who cry fraud and scam because they made up their own excuses and explanations in their head for how things worked, and then it didn't actually work that way.

Lots of games use prize box drops. PGI is the first that actually lets you look at the contents first, and if you don't like them, to just sell them for cbills rather than use a key which (if not awarded as a bonus for an event or other purchase) costs a mere 25MC each. They're NOT forcing anyone to ever open them. You're inability to say NO to opening them is your own damn fault. Not PGI's. Not anyone elses.

For everyone who complains about them, there are easily a hundred not complaining. Don't ever be so foolish as to think what gets posted in the forums counts for anything or anyone than the minority who use the forums compared to the greater player base.

Edited by Dee Eight, 21 August 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#57 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

You think what ever you post is gods law so get over yourself for awhile.

#58 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

Store card? lol.
give us the long promissed ability to give all special mechs from the Founders upward a Camo. The clan W(I) Mechs camos are the most ugly i ever saw. Sick of looking my W 1 Timby with that 3 ridicolous stripes

#59 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 21 August 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

Store card? lol.
give us the long promissed ability to give all special mechs from the Founders upward a Camo. The clan W(I) Mechs camos are the most ugly i ever saw. Sick of looking my W 1 Timby with that 3 ridicolous stripes

But those racing stripes give it +5% speed when NASCARing!!

#60 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:02 PM

View Post-Skyrider-, on 19 August 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

So when is the viper gonna get better quirks?

Right after the non-prime Jenner IIC variants gets durability quirks...

Edited by PraetorGix, 21 August 2016 - 07:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users