Spleen's Energy Draw Feedback.

No replies to this topic

#1 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:52 AM

I didn't notice any difference with my light mechs but my assault mech felt kinda gimped.
Energy draw makes the assault mechs less powerfull but barelly affects light and fast medium mechs at all.

Energy draw brings TTK up a bit especially at brawling range, but i think this is not the way to go because it doesn't have enough effect overall.
I've also seen other players saying it's possible to use a 6x ER PPC mech without blowing up on the spot.
So something is obviously wrong.

I suggest abandoning your version of energy draw and concider Navid A1 idea for a seperate energy and ammo feed feedback idea.
It's simple to understand and balance.
Link to Navid A1's feedback
Ammo Reload Capacity... An Improved Approach Favoring Mixed Builds.

If you persist in using your version of Energy Draw you should concider the following.

- The more you push the throttle towards full speed the more of the energy produced is used to keep the mech going.
Never more than the mech produces though.

- Lessen the energy produced each second. 2 or 3 energy each second would be better than 5.
Depends on how much energy full speed would take.

- The heat penalties for going over the 30 energy cap must be much, much higher.

If you won't concider Navid's idea then try mine please. But be warned it's more advanced and you would need to work really hard to make it a reality.

I have put my own idea for energy draw inside the spoiler button below.
It will increase the learning curve but it will limit all weight classes equally and heavily encourage mixing weapon types thus increasing TTK by a lot.

Oh yeah...the second spoiler button has some stuff that will further increase TTK and further encourage mixed weapon loadouts.

Energy Draw and Recoil balances energy, missiles and ballistic weapons. Gyro gets a function as a bonus.
Spoiler

Here is another thing that might increase TTK by making energy (laser/PPC) boating and
ammo boating (LRM60, AC40, 3/4x UAC5) dangerous.
It also gives a couple bonuses such as -
- Make players concider using CASE.
- Give the Flamer and MG a fair chance at becoming popular weapons.
Spoiler

I know the developers at PGI wants to keep things simple so it's easier to program, balance and keep the learning curve shallow.
But if you want to get any progress you must be bold.
Lacklustre changes to MWO will lead to lacklustre results or eventually a great failure as the community gets tired of mech packs.
If you want MWO to carve out it's own niche amongst the shooter games you need to work for it.

Feel free to send me a PM if you by any chance liked my ideas. I got other ideas such as-
- AC2 rebalance without touching any TT stats.
- Usefull Rifles without touching the armor penalty or any of it's TT other stats. Stays true to the lore.
- Binary laser balancing without touching TT stats.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 20 August 2016 - 10:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users