• PipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 36 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

Currently I only have the ACH Prime, A and C variants along with the KFX C. Planning on getting the HBR Prime plus one other Variant then the "Free" loyalty F variant in October.

Unsure of what second variant to get for the HBR but the plan was to have a Full ECM drop available. Also trying to decide between a Pre order of the MAD IIC or grabbing a Kodiak for the basic bundles.

What is the general consensus of clan players and the ACH/HBR ECM focused drop decks in Faction Warfare?

#2 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:26 PM

HBR A is a very useful mech to have, since it can mount a laser in the headslot ^^

You could go with 3 HBR´s and one Stormcrow to fully fill your tonnage, gives you more punch than the ACH could ever hope to deliver if that isn´t too far out of your CBills budget .

As food for thought one of my go-to dropdecks
Summoner Prime
Hellbringer Prime
EbonJaguar Prime
Hunchback-IIC-A

See ya, and I hope that helped a bit .

#3 Lord Baconburger

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationDel Monte

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:58 PM

ECM is very useful for the team. Helps prevent LRM spammers taking out assaults, makes it a bit more difficult for the enemy DC to call out your teammates sign e.g Alpha Kodiak, Bravo Timberwolf and so on. Can fit hellbringers with laser vomit or dakka, pretty much a well rounded mech.

#4 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:12 PM

Well your making some fairly good choices on mechs.

The cheetah is great value for its tonnage I always stick one in my drop decks. But if you intend to run 3 hells, I would
Likely make me fourth mech a storm row specifically a streak or srm crow. The hellbringer is a pretty versatile mech with 3 or 4 really strong builds you can use on it. It's also pretty good at giving cover for your assault mechs.

Meta players will tell you the ebon jaguar is better but I prefer the hellbringer to the ebon jag as well. the only other heavy choice I would reccomend is the timber wolf.

As far as the assaults go. Kodiak has a proven track record of success. The spirit bear and 3 variant being the best two. After that i am interested in the mauraders 2c as well. The only question I will have is will it be as toughz

#5 Tsukimi

• PipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 36 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:22 PM

A bit more info about what I have and how I am chosing mechs.

Being very frugal with my c-bills as a casual player, went for the ACH trio in the Dec/Jan sale window this last holiday season due to it being the closest I could get to my panther visually clan wise. Got the KFX C as my first clan mech around when it was the reinforcement mech and was first released for C-bills during a sale just to have a clan mech. 2 HBR then setting them up will eat up all my saved up c-bills if a sale comes up for them again soon. Plus only have 3 empty mech bays currently. So avoiding buying any other new C-bill mechs for the time being.

Almost bought the SHC during the last med sale but I don't really run my meds that I do own for the IS as it is and the rest of the available clan meds don't really apeal to me visually.

All Mech Chassis I do have currently (yes including IS) for reference
Lights: ACH, PNT, KFX, LCT (LCT are just ran when I am bored and want to mess around. The KFX is just when running with friends that need AMS/ECM coverage)

Mediums: CDA, CN9, WVR (All of them were aquired as a Free first variant from events CN9-A and CDA-2A champions, CDA-3F and WVR-7D Loyalty so just aquiring the trios for the mastery sake of them) BJK Loyalty mech will be in October for a "free" one.

Heavies: DRG, MAD, TDR (TDR was the free event 9S variant first then got the 2 variants for the trio) Love the MAD-3R and MAD-5M. The DRG is I am a Kurita fan when it comes to IS (Ryuken regiment who trained along side Wolf's Dragoons). Clan I am mostly towards Clan Wolf since they are the Parent clan of the Wolf's Dragoon Merc group. Planning the HBR (getting one "free" anyways)

Assaults: Only have the Iconic Atlas atm. Planning on getting a DWF W (Wolf's Dragoon variant) eventually after my base drop deck is built. Interested in teh Kodiak and Marauder IIC

Mostly trying to Stick to machines that were frequently used by the Ryuken-ni (DCMS group that was &quot;forced&quot; to fight on Misery against the Dragoons who trained them), Wolf's Dragoons and Clan Wolf. (Including common salvage options used by them) That is at least as far as mechs that I purchase without getting a free variant first. The ACH is my only eception due to the wanting a mech that handled similar to my PNT 10K and 9R for a clan light.</div>
<div>Not a fan of the visual look of the SCR, IFR or the NVA. Briefly contemplated the SHC during the last Med sale but decided against it since I figured it would be too light to go with the ACH that I already have. I also know that the KFX isn't really that great for a Faction match.

My unit plays as a Merc unit so just trying to make sure have a decent clan deck assembled for when we run a clan contract.

Getting my info on mechs to run from 2 sites as far as figuring out if it is getting Ryuken-ni, Wolf's Dragoons, or Clan Wolf camo colors. https://dl.dropboxus...ables%209.1.pdf and http://masterunitlist.info/

I do apprciate the advice so far as I have not fully setup the deck yet anyways as I am still in the planning stage figuring out what I need c-bill wise to assemble my collection and relying mostly on free mech bays, MC and bonus mechs to increase my options. Not expecting to be able to afford to buy 2 clan collector's packs for getting the 2 bonus SMR free since I am unable to work due to medical issues limiting my income. Barely be able to scrape together $30 CAD to buy the Basic of the Kodiak or MAD IIC come October 5th. But that is planned with money that is coming in that day. I do have the BJK Loyalty coming for IS from an MC purchase from a friend at xmas this last Dec. Just no real selection on Clan mechs yet.

Edited by Tsukimi, 21 August 2016 - 03:26 PM.

#6 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:06 PM

Start with 3 hell+1 crow as first starter deck. It a can be good for all maps until you got more mechs to specialize to certain maps.

As for the decision marauder iic or kodiak basic i would say marauder iic.

The KDK-3 outshines the kdk-1 and 2 by big margain so i doubt you gonna use anything else beside the kdk3 and make the other 2 kdk rust in the garage.

Looking at the mad iic hardpoints, The mad iic + IIc 8 (preorder bonus) gonna be laserboats, iic A a dakka build. The iic B one prolly the least usefull with the lack boat more missils. Also you can adjust you first starter mech deck easy with this mech. Just go 1 mad icc(85 ton) + 2 hell + 1 cheetah

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users