• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:11 PM

View PostDiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, on 22 August 2016 - 05:06 PM, said:

I feel I always have to make points, people always seem to think I lie about things inside these walls. When in truth some walls make you agree to things so you can not speak. Posted Image

Posted Image

Should've been obvious with the ":D"

#42 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostImperius, on 22 August 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

You want me to name my alt? Ok here lol not that I care and not that PGI doesn't already know all my accounts 3 I think...

Alt accounts are silly. There's no point in them.

#43 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

View PostImperius, on 22 August 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

I only used to drop in my gold mech until I quit. You may one day see me on the battlefield again... Maybe

I can only hope for your return, until then, farewell friend

#44 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:20 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 22 August 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

Alt accounts are silly. There's no point in them.

Experiencing true Tier 5 was an eye opener, and sometimes it's funny to talk to people who hate just the name but talk to the same person :P

#45 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

View PostImperius, on 22 August 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

Experiencing true Tier 5 was an eye opener, and sometimes it's funny to talk to people who hate just the name but talk to the same person Posted Image

much more fun too, from what I experienced with an alt I made.

on Polar Highlands. out in the open with a Lolcust as they try to hit me 600M away, which in a Tier 2 game would make me mince meat.

6 Mistakes that could have ended me in Tier 2 but not in 5 I was dead. .w.

#46 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 22 August 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

Posted Image

Should've been obvious with the ":D"

This is true but even jokes still fill other people's heads with stories I don't want them telling. I do not like to lie and I often try to tell it like it is even if I come off as an *******. :)

View PostScout Derek, on 22 August 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

much more fun too, from what I experienced with an alt I made.

on Polar Highlands. out in the open with a Lolcust as they try to hit me 600M away, which in a Tier 2 game would make me mince meat.

6 Mistakes that could have ended me in Tier 2 but not in 5 I was dead. .w.

Me and CocainFueledMachoManRandySavage walked around like gods in trial King Crabs with 4x UAC5's

#47 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

As someone who desperately wishes he had the disposable income at the time (I finally had the money about a week after they stopped selling them), I don't think Gold mechs should be available from the Cache. They were a genuinely unique thing available only to those that lay down a large amount of money, at a time when the game was going through huge turmoil. That loyalty to the game should be rewarded by not making Gold available as a giveaway item.

However, I would not be opposed to a Silver One Use skin that could be applied to any chassis you owned. By one use, I mean that it would stick to one mech until you changed it. Especially so, if it provided a 30% C-bill increase. However, in order to prevent the "OH NOES P2W!!1!1!!!", the skin should be purchasable too, but at a much higher price of, say, 1,500 MC or something.

#48 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:03 AM

View PostThunder Child, on 22 August 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

As someone who desperately wishes he had the disposable income at the time (I finally had the money about a week after they stopped selling them), I don't think Gold mechs should be available from the Cache. They were a genuinely unique thing available only to those that lay down a large amount of money, at a time when the game was going through huge turmoil. That loyalty to the game should be rewarded by not making Gold available as a giveaway item.

If it is about the money then each gold mech given away would have to induce 3250 keys to be sold for it to have the same payback to PGI as before (260 USD). At the end of the day they were available and if they generate the same income, or more, not sure why that would be a problem.

#49 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:14 AM

View Post627, on 21 August 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

that would upset the goldie owners alot. All 63 of them.

i wouldn't care. And knowing how gambling work,s people probably would have to throw a lot more keys in MC at PGI than those 260€ ontop a masakari pack.

#50 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

I honestly expected that vanity stuff, exclusive to caches, would be a no brainer. Ah well.

#51 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:25 AM

I would love to see it.
Would give whole new insights on those Gold mech owners that got that "I only bought it to show my support to PGI, no other motives" narrative when their status symbol is "taken away from them" ^^.

The rage would be amazing to see. At least of the two dozen that are still playing or would be bothered by it.

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 23 August 2016 - 10:29 AM.

#52 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:56 AM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 23 August 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

I would love to see it.
Would give whole new insights on those Gold mech owners that got that "I only bought it to show my support to PGI, no other motives" narrative when their status symbol is "taken away from them" ^^.

The rage would be amazing to see. At least of the two dozen that are still playing or would be bothered by it.

Don't care
Also if you think just because you see in one cache a golden mech you have a good chance of getting it then you're quite mistaken

If you regularly get not the price you hoped for what makes you think such an ultra rare item drops even on the 10th try
If you can find 10 caches with golden mechs in the first place

Still think premium colors would be better anyway
Again rather have a silver king crab of my chosen variant

#53 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:08 PM

This is still a bad idea no matter how you sugar coat it.

I did see one in the PTS recently, so I must be a pokemech hunter or something.

#54 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 August 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

This is still a bad idea no matter how you sugar coat it.

I did see one in the PTS recently, so I must be a pokemech hunter or something.

Not sure if you mean gold mechs in caches are a bad idea or that the first gold mechs were a bad idea.

I tell my friends recycling is a bad idea but then I explain why. Just don't drop the statement and walk away. Mind elaborating?

#55 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 23 August 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

Not sure if you mean gold mechs in caches are a bad idea or that the first gold mechs were a bad idea.

I tell my friends recycling is a bad idea but then I explain why. Just don't drop the statement and walk away. Mind elaborating?

Well, it's both, but I'll talk about the former.

When you offer as something as "expensive" as a $500 mech as a potential reward... you aim to annoy every single Gold Mech owner (at least those that give a damn) and cause them to reconsider spending money.

Besides the obvious fact that these mechs truly aren't worth $500, making it a "lotto option", despite the natural rarity of the mechs themselves AND the success rates of getting a mech in a supple cache are low... well, it's an insult to your best consumer... the whales.

It's just bad business sense ultimately.

Edited by Deathlike, 23 August 2016 - 05:18 PM.

#56 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:40 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 August 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

It's just bad business sense ultimately.

I would disagree and I know a bit about business. Not that you might not, I can only speak for my own credentials.

First, there are not many of us old whales left. And many, like myself, are not supporting PGI for past or imagined transgressions already. PGI has more whales to win back then they have to lose.

Second, there are not many gold mech owners left. But let's be fair and leave it up to a poll like we did with the Phoenix packs. That was seriously bad business by PGI, trying to make something un-exclusive that was sold as such. In this case PGI owns thousands of unsold gold mechs and frankly what they do with them is their business. Gold mechs were never a limited time offer.

Third, the supply caches have already got a seriously damaged reputation. Why not put something in them of actual value? And maybe in one fell swoop repair the reputations of gold mechs and supply caches.

#57 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:42 PM

View PostIbrandul Mike, on 22 August 2016 - 05:01 AM, said:

A color only getable by caches... might make more people angry than happy. As with decals for the same matter it might be a problem. And if you are lucky enough, what should be done if you win it again? You would spend 25MC and 50k C-Bills for nothing. At least if they don't make it an else-condition. If you don't it already, get the color/whatever, else get MC.

But colors might be way more reasonable than camos or something like that. As camos are chassis specific or in case of a "new" camo that is applied to multiple chassis it is too much work. In the dev streams you can see that every chassis gets its own "version" of the camo. It takes time which is most likely better spent for making new mechs look good or giving older mechs more of the camos people love.

As for gold mechs... "no!!!". The value of those mechs would drop and if the persons who bought it were pissed afterwards, I would totally understand it. It is something unique only a few people have. Like the Founder title. I don't think they would be happy if you could win it in a cache...
I own neither a gold mech nor a founder title and am totally ok with that Posted Image

As suggested by many other people, a 'silver' color akin to the 'Gold Mechs' included as one of the top tier rarity items would be acceptable to me, as well as many others it seems. If it were normal colors I believe I would be against it, however something like a 'shiny silver' as a unique as the gold mechs is something out of place in the collection of colors we already have. So, something worth while in the caches visual customization wise would be a welcome addition in my book. (replaced with mc if already owned, or taken out of the prize pool entirely)

#58 Gilgamesh Drakenor

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:45 PM

Only if it's a gold Urbanmech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users