How Could A Tt Heascale Adaption For Mwo Look Like

24 replies to this topic

#21 wolf74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:52 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 August 2016 - 06:14 AM, said:

I assume this TT heat scale is able to control dakka boating? Or Gauss?

In table top you could not control where your shots hit unless you had targeting computer Upgrades and than it was a +3 to hit on top of all the other modifiers. And unlike MWO targeting computer the weight & Crit size of the targeting computer was controlled by the weight of the Direct Fire weapons on your mech. Everyone think the Targeting computer are Big in weight in CBT but they forget that it not just Computer it interconnecting control Cables and special actuator to help control the weapons system hit location better.

As for the Ammo amounts where taken up due to the fact when they Double Armor & Internals it a indirect debuff to ammo based weapon to survive most of the match. Currently
SRM about the same as CBT
LRM 50% more than CBT
AC about 50% more than CBT
M.G. 60% LESS than CBT (Due to the fact CBT use a 200 2damage burst per ton, Took the 400damage per ton of ammo and divide it by the 0.08 damage M.G., you would need 5,000 round per ton to equal CBT ammo Level and we get 2,000 round per ton.)
AMS a franking hell of a lot more than CBT (I would have to double check the Current rules on how AMS uses ammo, the VERY old Rules use the AMS would eat ammo like a 4year with a with an open box of his/her favorite candy in hand.

Edited by wolf74, 23 August 2016 - 09:56 AM.

#22 Archangel Dino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:25 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 August 2016 - 06:14 AM, said:

I assume this TT heat scale is able to control dakka boating? Or Gauss?

Either way, the TT heat scale is a much better alternative to what we're about to get.

#23 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:28 PM

View Postwolf74, on 23 August 2016 - 09:52 AM, said:

As for the Ammo amounts where taken up due to the fact when they Double Armor & Internals it a indirect debuff to ammo based weapon to survive most of the match.

not just ammo based weapons but all weapons that deal high damage (PPC. AC10, Gauss, AC20) - I don't have a working formula to calculat the effect but I would think that the extra damage is reflected in heat, mass and range. (not the gauss)
Take for example the AC 20 - its high heat, low ammunition, low range, high mass but it got the ability to break most Mechs armor with 1 shot in CBT.
In MWO even a Commando is almost able to take a hit from a AC 20 without suffering internal damage. Would have been better when the AC 20 is a true burst weapon like the Clan Guns but with increased damage.

But this is another matter Posted Image

#24 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

Posted Image

#25 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

Thanks everyone for the opinions and the great ideas you have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users