#81 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostBesh, on 23 August 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Why do the Mariks not drop in Group Queue then ? I mean, would also help the faction in total, getting to know each other, practice Team cohesion etc...

Or does MudHut maybe have a point when saying its simply easier for you Guys to Syncdrop QP then go out in GroupQueue ( and be it in 4 Men Groups ) ?

We drop in group Q every day. There are 2 teams going right now when i look at the Ts. We did try to drop in pairs in 2 in group q. This ended up taking about 20 minutes to get everyone in a group. It kind of worked but not really.

#82 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:16 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 23 August 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

We drop in group Q every day. There are 2 teams going right now when i look at the Ts. We did try to drop in pairs in 2 in group q. This ended up taking about 20 minutes to get everyone in a group. It kind of worked but not really.

Mariks do it to farm like all the rest of them do. Its pretty obvious there is no other reason.

#83 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:17 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 23 August 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

Why do you even go to that length ? It would be much easier to simply make a 6, 8, 12 Men Group .

But wait a minute, you would have to deal with weight restrictions then....talk about gaming ( or trying to ) the MM XD .

Still the question remains unanswered: Whats the purpose behind organizing dozens of people into dropping into QP SoloQueue together ?

Edited by Besh, 23 August 2016 - 12:19 PM.

#84 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:26 PM

View PostBesh, on 23 August 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

Why do you even go to that length ? It would be much easier to simply make a 6, 8, 12 Men Group .

But wait a minute, you would have to deal with weight restrictions then....talk about gaming ( or trying to ) the MM XD .

Still the question remains unanswered: Whats the purpose behind organizing dozens of people into dropping into QP SoloQueue together ?

Again it was an event to try to do something fun. You are correct it is easier to do nothing. We have group's running right now(on TS there is 3 groups as i type running). The issue is doing nothing isn't helping the population.
http://mwomercs.com/...at-can-be-done/

Over all its fun and i welcome people to join us. There is no way its bad for the game. If anything its bad for the players because i started to drop in tier for the first time ever haha

Edited by Monkey Lover, 23 August 2016 - 12:37 PM.

#85 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:30 PM

Let's do some science folks:
  • Given N players trying to sync drop, the probability of them ending up in the same game is inversely proportional to the number of players in the pool.
  • Given N players trying to sync drop, the probability of them ending up in the same game is inversely proportional to the size of N.

Now, let's do some math while assuming N players do end up in the same game:
  • For N = 2, there is a 2:3 chance that both players end up on the same team.
  • For N = 3. there is a 1:2 chance that they all end up on the same team.
  • For N = 4, there is a 2:5 chance that they all end up on the same team.
  • For N = 5, there is a 1:3 chance that they all end up on the same team.
  • For N = M, there is a 2:(M+1) chance that they all end up in the same team.

TLDR: I'm not going to worry about sync droppers while M >> 5N, where M is the number of players in the pool and N is the number of players attempting to sync drop. And even then, I might not even care anyway. Posted Image

#86 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Mariks do it to farm like all the rest of them do. Its pretty obvious there is no other reason.

Why do i need to farm? i have hundreds of mechs, i play for fun. Im sorry but you are wrong, .Again I ask you to come join once and see.

#87 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 23 August 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

Why do i need to farm? i have hundreds of mechs, i play for fun. Im sorry but you are wrong, .Again I ask you to come join once and see.

When you drop your most likely familiar with the people you drop with. Your on TS and can talk an plan as soon as you know what map it is. You have probably dropped in several matches together already so no warm up required. Your comfortable with each other.

There are clear advantages over pug as we never know who we are dropping with and even if we did chances are its not recently. We don't have comms as soon as you do. We load voip right after loading screen.
Were not familiar with each others playstyle, loadout or their mood at the time.

Synch dropping has clear advantages over solo. It dice sure, but those dice are loaded and you know it. You can justify it all you want. I won't associate with synch droppers so you can forget me dropping in.

#88 mrpetzold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

Mudhutwarrior, make sure you dont get a sunburn up on that tall horse of yours.

#89 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:34 PM

I was in a match and map selection was brought up. When you synch into solo you also can force the map selection. Solos cannot. They have no way to.

That probably is why so many are complaining on seeing the same maps over and over.

Just add that is as you all are so sure it does no harm to MM or map selection. No advantage, none whatsoever.

#90 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:10 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

I was in a match and map selection was brought up. When you synch into solo you also can force the map selection. Solos cannot. They have no way to.

That probably is why so many are complaining on seeing the same maps over and over.

Just add that is as you all are so sure it does no harm to MM or map selection. No advantage, none whatsoever.

Again i dont think you understand what happens during sync drops. This doesnt work because you have tons of people dropping into all types of games. When we did it 6ish matches happen at once. Saying "vote for polar" Didnt working because 90% of the group was on another map. Over all when people tried to do that replies kind of went along the lines of

"screw that map vote for ...." "I hate that map no" and so on,. You get maps over and over because the meta moves around and people vote for the best map for the meta.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 23 August 2016 - 02:27 PM.

#91 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:28 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 23 August 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

Again i dont think you understand what happens during sync drops. This doesnt work because you have tons of people dropping into all types of games. When we did it 6ish matches happen at once. Saying "vote for polar" Didnt working because 90% of the group was on another map. Over all when people tried to do that replies kind of went along the lines of

"screw that map for vote ...." "I hate that map no" and so on,. You get maps over and over because the meta moves around and people vote for the best map for the meta.

Just stop with your justifications. You obviously know if determined its more than possible. We all know that many will exploit it. That's the point. I don't care if you just guys out for a beer and a drive. If you can do it so can those who want to do damage and leave with ridicule. It happens all the time. You know the "get better noob" mantra. You open the door for it by condoning it thinking your innocent.

#92 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Got to love a number of the comments that were made. Many directed at me.

So tonight I patched my game. Spent a little time before making a list of decals I might want to purchase. Planning on purchasing some with what I get from all my saved Supply Caches now that I see the ones with 50MC have those as "Common". Got 13 keys, and picked the best 13 caches to open. Holding off until they fix Supply Caches since I see many are saying that they are not getting the rewards. Hotfix Thursday?

As usual, I sign on and run at least one game, just to make sure patch didn't break it. First match - Terra Therma. Again, I ask if anybody wanted to flank with me so they don't get shot in the arse by teammates. Surprisingly, a TBR accepted and we went off. As expected, the lights ran off in another direction, and the assaults and others from Bravo all jammed up one path.

We get to the next path over and see a Mauler heading for us, we both take ranged shots (me - 2xLPL) and he runs. Then we do the same to a Cyclops and he runs. We stay low so those in the center don't see us, but my TBR buddy starts to pick on something in the center. Before I can tell him to stay low, I see him getting shot from behind. Turn around, and another Cyclops is standing there. We both back off and start to team kill him. That's when I get a shot from my right, an Atlas. I move so he cannot get a shot on me, while still dumping 4xASRM4s into the Cyclops.

XL check. NOPE! Standard engine. Luckily, both assaults seem to focus on the TBR, who does his best to spread damage. But, I see he is constantly shutting down. Not good. Down goes the Cyclops to a CT alpha of SRMs, Now I turn to the Atlas, who charged past me. FREE BACK SHOTS!. Meanwhile, I start taking shots from behind. Down goes my TBR buddy. But before the Atlas turns I land another alpha of SRMs on him. BOOM! He goes down. I turn just in time to see that it was a SCat getting free shots off on me before I die.

In the end, our efforts paid off drawing others out of the center.

Posted Image

Did I get 2-3 members from the same team on my side? NOPE! But I got a 25% chance of that according to some. Since I've never had that happen to me in solo PUG, I'm due for a massive streak! So I have that going for me!

In the end, I "looked inward", wiped the tear from my eye (Yeah, NOT!), noticed I had top damage and match score, said to myself "Yeah, I do pretty damn well when I have a decent teammate backing me up, even with a non-Mastered JM6-A.", and signed off for the night. Didn't want to jinx it.

Don't believe me white knights? Just ask your buddies to check the logs. One game, one win, non-Mastered JM6-A that I was looking to get my double XP on for the night.

Comment away, I'm sure I've heard it all before. Yawn.

#93 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:14 PM

i wouldnt jump on the blame game really. ive on a few occasions defeated ms with a bunch of random pugs on my team, sorta turned fp into a game of clubby the seal. other times they can kick your buttocks with their pinky. any unit's main advantage is organization and coordination, not necessarily individual skill. so when 3 of them show up in a solo qp match, they are generally not bringing their organization with them unless one of them is a regular drop caller. even then you cant always tell a bunch of pugs what to do and have them listen to you, but it does occasionally work.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 August 2016 - 09:15 PM.

#94 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:03 AM

You know, they could've been in a 3-man group...

#95 Jerry Attric

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:32 PM

He's right. Match maker is BS. The game is rigged, If you are tier 2 or 1, you will be teamed with many tier 4 and 5. But remember, if you don't like a pay to win game, leave and don't play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users