#81 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 23 August 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

Well, obviously anyone besides you, so far you're only speaking for yourself, and you want things to happen as you want. Admittedly, i want otherwise, and this argument is just about conflicting interest. Of course the difference is that i never insisted that it is unfair, rather i asked first, but you admitted that it is still fair to do so.

So what if declined to change it in 4 years? Does the word of PGI suddenly makes it fair? Don't they update the game to address issues? Hell, they're doing the Energy Draw right now, further developing the heat system.

4 years ago is in the past. Leave it there, and move on.

You asked a simple questions and I answered simply. You have latched onto that one answer and ignore or thrown off the other parts of the answer. Your correct the Fact than clan XL takes less crits to be destroyed is unfair, however to balance that unfairness IS mechs have been given structure quirks to compensate to help game balance, so my mistake was answering a simple question with out all the nuance that is in the game.

You act like you are the first perons to ask for this change. people have been doing it since the clans were released. PGI has declined. Ghost Heat is pretty much universally hated, so they are finally looking to replace it maybe. Here is the differnce though, Ghost Heat or heat scale is a PGI invented mechanic. The XL Build Rules are a Battletech staple (aka the Flavor I mentioned) and PGI has been very reluctent to mess with those base rules, in fact I can't really think of somethere where they have changed those battletech Build Rules, they probably have but I just can't remeber it, because they don;t do it a lot.

What, haven't you played hard-mode on other games before? Of course it's still playable, it takes more skills to do so however. But what we are tackling right now, is that it is NEEDLESSLY hard, NEEDLESSLY disadvantaged. Other than for the sake of "flavor"

Hate to tell you this Innersphere is not hard mode. Its not needlessly hard. Needlessly hard was when the clans were first introduced in MWO. Hell, Until the rescale Game Balance was slightly favored to the Inner Sphere (for the first time in a while), right now its kind of a toss up but KDK-3 has probably tilted it towards clans. That Flavor is the whole point of having 2 technologies. So if the IS gets IS engines that are just like the clans, so should they then get double heats sinks that only take 2 slots, Large Laseres that take up 1 and so on? As I said above PGI has never seemed inclined to change those base Battltech rules.

I never said to balance it around the king-crab, i just said to balance it. So what if clan uses XL-Engine? I run a Timber Main, my arms get destroyed with my left or right-torso destroyed. Not being killed with two torso's aren't really that much to go on when you're practically neutered.

Yes, KC needs help, but with assaults generally have larger hitboxes paired with slow mobility, this amounts to unprecedented vulnerability. They don't need that additional vulnerability. Perhaps we can just make assaults, or even heavies less vulnerable on XL, but Meds and Lights are.

You sure keep bringing the King Crab up. You are right you run a XL in the Timber, can you change to a Standard? Of course not. You don't have to run a XL in Crab, as I said its not something I would recomend to newer or inexpereince players. But I would not recomend a Dire Wolf either to a new/inexperince player and it has a Clan XL. I am not sure I would recomend any 100 ton assault to any new and experience player as in most cases that are just to slow. (Kodaik would be the exception)

Perhaps we can just make assaults, or even heavies less vulnerable on XL, but Meds and Lights are.

Once agin that is what the Structure and Armor Quirks are They have done that with Structure an Armor quirks with a alot of IS mechs, from Light to Assault, I think jsut not King Crab yet, also a lot of mechs Hitboxes also play into weather they are XL Friendly. KGC are not XL friendly, the need some structure quirks to be, espically if you are not front loading the armor. But there has to be some draw backs to be able to bring the amount of firepower a KGC can bring to bear. You can be slow (std) or you can be vunerable to dieing if you lose a side torso. However this is one of the resason the KDK-3 is as dominant is "fast" assault with a lot of firepower and with those high mounts I am not sure what kind of Nerf will knock it off its pedistal unless PGI changes the art work and lowers the mounts. The last thing we need is more power creep where all 100 ton assualt mechs can run XL's engine like the Kodiak.

Yeah, i never claimed that i speak for everyone. Rather i am pointing out that your "flavor" is not exactly appreciated by all MWO players.

That goes both ways, I undertand that people don't like now and I have never said differntly. However, that is a two street as I said before there are plenty who appreciate as it is now, weather or not they are posting in this thread.

One of the few things I do appreciate about MWO is the fact that we don't have mixed tech like every other mechwarrior game. This game is far more balanced than any previous mechwarrior game for PVP, except maybe Mech 2, but that was always clan vs clan.

Edited by TKSax, 23 August 2016 - 08:03 PM.

#82 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 August 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

That said, PGI really needs to balance IS XL and CLan XL 1 to 1. Clan XL is part of a the reason why Clan mechs are so successful in the leaderboards.

Totally this!

#83 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:28 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 23 August 2016 - 06:14 AM, said:

So far, my experience with XL-Engine for my King Crab is quite debilitating, that one torso and then my mech is dead immediately.

LOL didn't read the whole thread, but please keep putting an IS XL in your king crab! I love killing those!
(In all seriousness, don't! Some IS Mechs have big CTs and small STs, and those are XL friendly. Some IS mechs have thin CTs and HUGE STs, and the king of those is the KING CRAB! Don't put XLs on those).

IS XLs work fantastic on mechs like the grasshopper, black knight, griffin, enforcer, banshee that have thin side torsos, and most mechs that are IS XL friendly in terms of hit boxes also have ST structure bonuses.

Edited by Telemachus Rheade, 23 August 2016 - 08:31 PM.

#84 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:41 PM

The problem is Inner Sphere mechs not having access to a 10 crit slot engine, i.e light fusion engine, which needs to be implemented to balance things out.

There's nothing wrong with the IS XL itself, and making it survive a side torso loss would be a terrible idea.

In the meantime, if you don't want to make your 100 ton assault mech a glass cannon then try not using the most fragile engine possible.

#85 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

View PostTKSax, on 23 August 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

Your King Crab is not one of them, it can't even compete with the top IS Assualts, much less the Top clan asssualts,

I agree the engines should not be the same. However the king crab is competitive seeing as it IS the highest ranked assault IS mech. https://mwomercs.com...?t=201608weight

Edited by Kaptain, 23 August 2016 - 08:57 PM.

#86 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:24 PM

View PostPjwned, on 23 August 2016 - 08:41 PM, said:

The problem is Inner Sphere mechs not having access to a 10 crit slot engine, i.e light fusion engine, which needs to be implemented to balance things out.

There's nothing wrong with the IS XL itself, and making it survive a side torso loss would be a terrible idea.

In the meantime, if you don't want to make your 100 ton assault mech a glass cannon then try not using the most fragile engine possible.

I suppose i could compromise with that i guess.

View PostTKSax, on 23 August 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

You asked a simple questions and I answered simply. You have latched onto that one answer and ignore or thrown off the other parts of the answer. Your correct the Fact than clan XL takes less crits to be destroyed is unfair, however to balance that unfairness IS mechs have been given structure quirks to compensate to help game balance, so my mistake was answering a simple question with out all the nuance that is in the game.

Because "balancing" into "lets make all mechs completely the same" is not totally blowing it out of proportion. No, you answered it rather immaturely by exaggerating.

But then it's still unfair, right? That was the point.

You still describe that it's still fair to make it so that XL engine on IS work as it does on Clan, which says that there is a gap. That it is still unfair, and the quirks aren't compensating enough, that it's still fair to adjust the engine behavior.

You act like you are the first perons to ask for this change. people have been doing it since the clans were released. PGI has declined. Ghost Heat is pretty much universally hated, so they are finally looking to replace it maybe. Here is the differnce though, Ghost Heat or heat scale is a PGI invented mechanic. The XL Build Rules are a Battletech staple (aka the Flavor I mentioned) and PGI has been very reluctent to mess with those base rules, in fact I can't really think of somethere where they have changed those battletech Build Rules, they probably have but I just can't remeber it, because they don;t do it a lot.

That doesn't mean that they can't do it. MWO is being updated, it's open to changes if need be, and it's bad to have a problem somewhat compromising gameplay but the developers refuse to fix it. What, is PGI working for EA now?

Then let it be here to change a bit about the rules, if it's only going to hurt your sensibility about faction distinction but would actually improve the balancing, and experience.

Hate to tell you this Innersphere is not hard mode. Its not needlessly hard. Needlessly hard was when the clans were first introduced in MWO. Hell, Until the rescale Game Balance was slightly favored to the Inner Sphere (for the first time in a while), right now its kind of a toss up but KDK-3 has probably tilted it towards clans. That Flavor is the whole point of having 2 technologies. So if the IS gets IS engines that are just like the clans, so should they then get double heats sinks that only take 2 slots, Large Laseres that take up 1 and so on? As I said above PGI has never seemed inclined to change those base Battltech rules.

Well, you still agreed that it is fair to adjust their engines, that they are put in a bad spot. Therefore they are put in a disadvantage, and in generally harder to use, therefore Hardmode in game.

Like hard-mode in life then you're born without talent and an ugly appearance, short, and guy. Well, at least not all at once. (just to lighten the mood)

Again, here you are blowing it out of proportion. I would argue that since we're making mechs, why don't we get spider-mechs as Ultra-Light class mechs?

If i am understanding you correctly, you seem to be an either/or, absolute/IS or not.

But it doesn't have to, modifying the IS' engine won't take away it's IS-ness, they can still have their larger and heavier weapons, the part where you can modify their engines, the part that they have better quirks. Hell, with still 3 critical slots on a torso, it will still be more likely to be crit than that of the Clan's, even if it takes the same amount of torso destroyed to kill, IS would still be distinct from IS from significant other factors.

I could imagine that IS would become far slower than Clan mechs with only one Torso with XL engine.

But hey since you wanted total distinction between IS and Clan mechs, let's remove Kodiak from the game or put it on IS. As well as replace IS with multi-legged spider mechs instead. There, you got your Flavor.

See how exaggerating is stupid and immature?

ou sure keep bringing the King Crab up. You are right you run a XL in the Timber, can you change to a Standard? Of course not. You don't have to run a XL in Crab, as I said its not something I would recomend to newer or inexpereince players. But I would not recomend a Dire Wolf either to a new/inexperince player and it has a Clan XL. I am not sure I would recomend any 100 ton assault to any new and experience player as in most cases that are just to slow. (Kodaik would be the exception)

Clan has generally better weapons, smaller equipment and has the greater potential to diversify. We can throw as much as advantages and disadvantages as we like, but that wouldn't address the fact that IS could do without that vulnerability and still be fair and balanced.

Sure, but as you said, Flavor right?

Again, i am not advocating for complete removal of distinction between Clans and IS. It's just this vulnerability is too much of a flavor, that it quite puts the IS in a compromised position and is generally isn't viable.

Once agin that is what the Structure and Armor Quirks are They have done that with Structure an Armor quirks with a alot of IS mechs, from Light to Assault, I think jsut not King Crab yet, also a lot of mechs Hitboxes also play into weather they are XL Friendly. KGC are not XL friendly, the need some structure quirks to be, espically if you are not front loading the armor. But there has to be some draw backs to be able to bring the amount of firepower a KGC can bring to bear. You can be slow (std) or you can be vunerable to dieing if you lose a side torso. However this is one of the resason the KDK-3 is as dominant is "fast" assault with a lot of firepower and with those high mounts I am not sure what kind of Nerf will knock it off its pedistal unless PGI changes the art work and lowers the mounts. The last thing we need is more power creep where all 100 ton assualt mechs can run XL's engine like the Kodiak.

And once again, if it's still fair to do so, it's a needless vulnerability on the idea of "Flavor", and because of that we can say that the quirks aren't enough to justify such vulnerability.

Still, with Clan's "flavor", Kodiak is still advantaged in a sense that it's working like an IS, but has the equipment of Clans -- smaller probe, heatsinks, variable targeting equipment, smaller and lighter weapons, their LRMs work at shorter ranges. Hell, even with XL engine, it doesn't die with one torso destroyed.

It does hurt it's versatility, and yeah it doesn't really have weapon-centered quirk. But hey, if you're all about flavor, and exaggerating, lets either remove Kodiak or put it on IS. After all, you want strict distinction between IS and Clan, and Kodiak being a hybrid is putting a hurt on your sensitive Flavor.

That goes both ways, I undertand that people don't like now and I have never said differntly. However, that is a two street as I said before there are plenty who appreciate as it is now, weather or not they are posting in this thread.

I know, and i admitted it. But the thing is that, it does seem petty if your entire argument hinges on aesthetic, when the gameplay is put on a slightly compromised position. Sure IS could do with the disadvantage, but something like that isn't completely justified by "Flavor" when the aim is to balance the game.

One of the few things I do appreciate about MWO is the fact that we don't have mixed tech like every other mechwarrior game. This game is far more balanced than any previous mechwarrior game for PVP, except maybe Mech 2, but that was always clan vs clan.

And you know what few things i appreciate in MWO, that it's not toxic like LOL or Dota. It's also not fast paced as COD, or other games.

I'm actually quite serious about this, i'm not sarcastic. This is a nice game.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 23 August 2016 - 10:51 PM.

#87 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

View PostKaptain, on 23 August 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

I agree the engines should not be the same. However the king crab is competitive seeing as it IS the highest ranked assault IS mech. https://mwomercs.com...?t=201608weight

You don't base balance of the top scoring assault, you base it on averages because the King Crab is definitely not the top IS assault in practice (Battlemaster and Mauler are better, and the Cyclops looks like it might be too).

#88 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:13 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 23 August 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

Well, you still agreed that it is fair to adjust their engines, that they are put in a bad spot. Therefore they are put in a disadvantage, and in generally harder to use, therefore Hardmode in game.

No I never said anywhere it was fair to adjust their engine if said that we would not be talking about it.

You need to get over this Inner Sphere is hardmode , because it is completely untrue, no matter how many times you say it. balance of the game also supports this. Which is why I am against changing is XL Engines, game balance tells me there is no need. If you were to change balance would be thrown off because of the structure/armor quirks pgi has give the IS to compensate for XL's.

I had much more I was going to type but in reality, I can not take you seriously because your only defense for changing IS XL engines is the IS is hard mode, which is pretty funny because some of the supposed Hardmode Mechs are some of the best mechs in the game. I have talked to you about the different ways PGI has balanced IS XL's over and over, but you keep going back to IS is hardmode that is why it should be changed. So if that is your only argument which has 0 to do with the game and how it is balanced there is really no point in continuing. You are also using flavor dismissively when it was just an off-hand comment that you have continued to stay latched onto, when I have clearly explained what I meant by it, and no it's not simply aesthetic.

#89 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:38 AM

KGC Engine STD vs. XL debate... lol, you guys are cute. Posted Image

#90 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:42 AM

View PostEvilCow, on 23 August 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

And what is the problem? LFEs are meant to obsolete them. STDs would still have some use in assaults.

Yeah, and Clan Tech was meant to obsolete IS in TT.
See the pattern?

There is no point in adding any equipment to MWO that would obsolete existing equipment.
All it would accomplish is to introduce another C-Bill sink for new players.

View PostSamsungNinja, on 23 August 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

But, yeah, I agree. The KGC just isn't one of those.^

The rule of thumb is: if most of your deaths are from CT, learn to torso twist.
If you torso twist like mad but still die due to CT (think: Trebuchet), install XL engine.
And if you run a DPS build (AC2s UAC5s) and have no time for torso twisting, you might as well take XL engine and go faster with more guns.

Having said that my first game in a King Crab I had my torso shot off and still managed to win by taking out 4 damaged enemies with AC20+2xSRM4.

Edited by Kmieciu, 24 August 2016 - 05:15 AM.

#91 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

View PostSader325, on 23 August 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

http://imgur.com/a/iuSJs

5 King Crabs - 5 XL 360's/350's

Four Mechs /Two Variants (KGC-000 / KGC - 000B) average 500 damage a game over 500 games in solo queue.

Last Mech / One Varient (KGC-0000) is my brawler which averages 380 damage a game, the riskiest build I have, but still worth it when you're able to alpha someone for 82 damage three times before you overheat.

I'll take my XL, you keep your standard.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

*giggles*

#92 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:19 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 23 August 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

But still, you admitted that it is fair. So it follows that the current setup is quite unfair. Besides, if the rescale did hurt the top-performing IS mechs, shouldn't they actually try to level it? after all, balance? What is IS supposed to be Nightmare-mode in playing MWO?

IS is even already debilitated with weaponry.

That is on you if you don't like it, however if you don't like the idea of changing IS XL for balance, then you are against balance. If it's fair to have it function like the clan, then it's unfair otherwise.

Perhaps there could be negative-quirks?

You are aware to change the IS XL you would need to strip and requirk all the structure buffs for STs IS gets yea? The reason a lot of those exist on STs is because of XL viability. Which means a ton of additional changes and adjustments.

#93 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:25 AM

WHY ISN'T SOMETHING INFERIOR EQUAL TO SOMETHING MADE TO BE AN UPGRADE TO THE ORIGINAL INFERIOR DESIGN?

Edited by dervishx5, 24 August 2016 - 05:25 AM.

#94 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:40 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 August 2016 - 05:25 AM, said:

WHY ISN'T SOMETHING INFERIOR EQUAL TO SOMETHING MADE TO BE AN UPGRADE TO THE ORIGINAL INFERIOR DESIGN?

Mechanics could be different, such as IS is much more slowed than CLan with only one torso. As well as the engine is still more likely to be crit with 3 slots than 2 from the clan.

Clan engine is still superior, but IS engine wouldn't be too inferior. IS engine is still wracked with it's own disadvantages that would make it inferior hands down, but such extreme vulnerability doesn't have to be one of them.

View PostBaulven, on 24 August 2016 - 05:19 AM, said:

You are aware to change the IS XL you would need to strip and requirk all the structure buffs for STs IS gets yea? The reason a lot of those exist on STs is because of XL viability. Which means a ton of additional changes and adjustments.

You are aware that it's just part of the job right? Of course there's further balancing necessary.

Personally i'd just add negative quirks on IS XL-Engines.

View PostTKSax, on 24 August 2016 - 04:13 AM, said:

No I never said anywhere it was fair to adjust their engine if said that we would not be talking about it.

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 23 August 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

Wouldn't it be fair if the XL-engine works like the clan? After all, that's already 1-less torso to kill you.

View PostTKSax, on 23 August 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

Fair yes, but adds flavor to the game. I really don't find IS XL engines that big of a deal. You just have to be careful on what mechs your run them in. Also most clan mechs cannot change their engine so they have no choice but to run an XL.

Oh, were you hacked when you answered me the first time around? Someone alert the moderators, apparently TKSax' account has been hacked, to answer me. Don't worry, i'm contacting the moderator as we speak. We will have your MWO account straighten up!

You need to get over this Inner Sphere is hardmode , because it is completely untrue, no matter how many times you say it.

No, you need to keep track of what you're saying. You don't even remember agreeing that it would be fair.

balance of the game also supports this. Which is why I am against changing is XL Engines, game balance tells me there is no need. If you were to change balance would be thrown off because of the structure/armor quirks pgi has give the IS to compensate for XL's.

Nope, it's just flavor as you're insisting. It's fair to do so (modifying the XL-Engine), and it follows that it's rather unfair otherwise.

Game balance tell other people otherwise, and unlike yours they don't exactly hinge on "Flavor" alone afaik.

I had much more I was going to type but in reality, I can not take you seriously because your only defense for changing IS XL engines is the IS is hard mode, which is pretty funny because some of the supposed Hardmode Mechs are some of the best mechs in the game.

That's funny, i never thought that you were serious after that debacle with you immaturely exaggerating to make a point. Your only reason is "Flavor", but otherwise admitted that it would be fair. As demonstrated on the quote above.

I have talked to you about the different ways PGI has balanced IS XL's over and over, but you keep going back to IS is hardmode that is why it should be changed.

I am only following the logic of your argument to it's logical conclusion. IS mechs are purposefully disadvantaged, so it follows that playing them is harder, therefore it's "hard-mode" when you're playing them.

So if that is your only argument which has 0 to do with the game and how it is balanced there is really no point in continuing. You are also using flavor dismissively when it was just an off-hand comment that you have continued to stay latched onto, when I have clearly explained what I meant by it, and no it's not simply aesthetic.

Oh, it was off-hand? Yet you adamantly defended IS to be it's own thing over Clan, to have a distinct differences, that you have to exaggerate. I agree, there's no thought in there, just an "offhand" comment.

I'm only following it to the logical conclusion. You want IS as is because it separates it from Clan, "Flavor" with less regards. It is "Balanced" yet still fair to modify the IS XL-Engine.

About that Aesthetics, well:

Simply put, Aesthetics is Style, the theme.

You latched upon this flavor, to make IS distinct from Clan, evident on previous posts.

Don't get me wrong, Aesthetics is important, IS' style is inferior technology, then okay. But let's not forget to pay attention to other massive aspect of a game, like the Game-Play itself -- the mechanics, and it has to mash together quite nicely. Sure, this one-torso kill is explained by the style of the IS for having way inferior technology, but they are still debilitated in more ways than that, adjusting it wouldn't completely remove the style -- IS still has larger and heavier equipment etc.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 24 August 2016 - 06:00 AM.

#95 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:46 AM

Or just release the light fusion engine already. If that happened this thread would be over.

#96 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:54 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 August 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

Or just release the light fusion engine already. If that happened this thread would be over.

It could actually add fuel the to fire. Of all the engines in the game isXL is the only one where the loss of a side torso actually disables the mech. Never mind ALL those isXL engines players have, in a game where there are no actual engine crits. The LFE would simply be a C-Bill sink.

#97 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:58 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 24 August 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

It could actually add fuel the to fire. Of all the engines in the game isXL is the only one where the loss of a side torso actually disables the mech. Never mind ALL those isXL engines players have, in a game where there are no actual engine crits. The LFE would simply be a C-Bill sink.

Posted Image

They'd have to buy stuff with cbills? :.(

#98 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:00 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 August 2016 - 05:25 AM, said:

That's because PGI's core balancing philosophy dictates that IS and Clan should be equal but different. Which is why IS battlemechs are balanced to be similar in power to the lore superior Clan omni mechs. And in order to get rid of excessive quirks, CXL and IS XL needs to be around equal in potency.

Edited by El Bandito, 24 August 2016 - 07:09 AM.

#99 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:06 AM

CT Engine Crits included:

Clan XL gets 1 Bonus Side Torso Structure per Engine Critical, IS XL gets 1.5(Or 1.75)

Both Clan and IS STD get 4(Or 5) bonus Side Torso Structure per Engine Critical.

Done.

#100 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:30 AM

Or just release the light fusion engine already.

which does absolutely nothing to balance the game

light fusion is still way inferior to clan-XL, which means IS mechs still need their lopsided quirks

the whole point of making IS-XL and C-XL both survive side torso destruction is to get rid of the lopsided quirks

For the most part we want IS and Clan to be equal but different, but within reason, and the current quirks fall outside what many of us consider reasonable.

Edited by Khobai, 24 August 2016 - 07:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users