- - - - -

Is It My Pc Which Is Broken Or....

7 replies to this topic

#1 -FLY

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

During the last week, my pc didn't performed well on the internet speed, I have tried my best to solve this via virus killer program, but almost everytime I played MWO, it's always disconnected from the server, so is MWO having a problem or is it my PC who screwed ?

#2 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:53 PM

Try reformating?

Hopefully none of your parts are dead...

#3 Spetulhu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

MWO does have some sort of problem. My last match a few hours ago had 13 disconnects total, 7 of us and 6 of them. Can't say I've seen any other game with such issues.

#4 Aerei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:39 AM

If it's only MWO that isn't working, I doubt it's strictly a PC problem.

On the other hand, if you internet is going slow in general, and a pingtest confirms this, it's probably a spyware problem, not a virus one. I know that's splitting hairs, but some antivirus don't detect spyware and some antispyware might not detect viruses. I personally use Malware Bytes and that's served me well over the years.

A PC wipe should be your second to last option (last being replacing parts/PC, unless you know for certain which part it is). You could also try a system restore and see if that helps.

Edited by Aerei, 24 August 2016 - 05:42 AM.

#5 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:10 AM

View Post-FLY, on 23 August 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

During the last week, my pc didn't performed well on the internet speed, I have tried my best to solve this via virus killer program, but almost everytime I played MWO, it's always disconnected from the server, so is MWO having a problem or is it my PC who screwed ?

It depends. Do others in the match have problems at the same time?
If when the problems occur, you only seem to be the one affected, then the problem is likely with your pc or your internet connection.

View PostSpetulhu, on 23 August 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

MWO does have some sort of problem. My last match a few hours ago had 13 disconnects total, 7 of us and 6 of them. Can't say I've seen any other game with such issues.

I think it is safe to assume that the 13 people who got disconnected were not all in the same room gaming together. If that assumption is true, then the problem is likely not your pc nor your own Internet connection for the case of that single match.

EDIT: responded to the wrong post

Edited by knnniggett, 24 August 2016 - 06:13 AM.

#6 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:16 AM

First thing I'd do is run ccleaner, anti-virus scan and malwarebytes scan. The next thing I'd do is run an internet speed test.

If your hardware is clean and virus/malware free, the next thing I'd look at is your ISP. If it's not a problem with your internet, then it may be a problem with your pc. I haven't had any issues getting DCed from MWO consistently in a very, very long time.

If it turns out that your internet speed isn't what it should be, or actually higher than you're paying for, call your provider. The only reason I say this is because earlier this year I suddenly started having internet slow downs and massive ping spikes. I called my ISP and it turned out that my internet cable was one of the first installed in the state.

After it was replaced I went from consistently just 25% lower to just below the speed I was paying for to 15% higher after the cable switch.

Good luck.

Edited by mailin, 24 August 2016 - 06:17 AM.

#7 Osulf

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:23 AM

It could be that there is a problem in an internet connection near you or your provider is throttling speed. You could try sending your internet provider an email to ask if there are any tests that they could hep you to perform to check, although my experience of that sort of help in the past has not been great. You could check the forums of your internet provider to see if others are having a similar problem.

For example, when I played City of Heroes I used to try and help on a "Hami" raid every Friday. If I logged into the server before peak internet usage times I could play with no problems and stay connected. However, if I tried to log into the server at peak times it would not let me connect. I contacted the internet provider who suggested various fixes, none of which worked.

I looked on their forums and many gamers were complaining about issues with connecting to games. It turned out that the internet provider was not paying for enough bandwidth from the company (BT) which provided the infrastructure to meet its customers needs. Therefore, the internet provider was running software to limit connections to various sites to reduce the amount of usage by its customers. The idea was to cut down mainly on the sites which allowed you to download large amounts of data such as video download sites. However, because the software was aggressive in cutting down the bandwidth used by the customers and not very discriminatory it would stop connections to many online games. I often couldn't connect to COH at all from about 5pm to midnight or 1am. In the end the internet provider was forced to allow customers to migrate for free owing to the problem. Although I believe that the software was changed to allow connection to the biggest games such as WOW.

Having said all the above there is still an issue with MWO freezing during loading into a game and my experience is that things have got worse since yesterdays patch.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:04 PM

I.P. address conflicts can cause this (internal/external IP address). Had this problem a lot with Nexon's games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users