#41 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:41 PM

View PostAlteran, on 23 August 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

IF we didn't get a 2nd drop deck for free, I'd completely agree with the OP. The fact that we get 2 drop decks for free, I'm cool with it. If I need a third drop deck then I'll shell out the 1200 MC for it, but I don't.

Thanks PGI.

I get that it's useable but think of it this way, 6 hours ago we were able to modify our decks on the fly and bring literally hundreds of permutations of DD...... for free. Now we have a slight increase in convenience at the cost of flexibility and if we want more it has been placed behind a paywall, is this an improvement or are we being fleeced for having the audacity to be the last few pilots still willing to play in FP when the chance arises?

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 23 August 2016 - 03:43 PM.

#42 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:58 PM

Apparently, you can't make one for IS and Clan. It totally depends on what faction you're in. This hurts for Mercs.

I bet that the entire dropdeck resets for Mercs... which would be a PITA.

#43 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:16 PM

View PostSamsungNinja, on 23 August 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

And yet you won't bat an eye at running up a bar tab significantly higher than that, or going to a movie. How about spending 10-15x the price of a drop deck to go to a concert or a pro sports game? Yeah, that's what I thought. You'd likely do that too without thinking about it.

Perceived value is a tricky b*tch when it comes to entertainment. People won't think twice about sitting in a movie theater for 2 hours at $10-20 a ticket. When the credits roll? That's it. You're done. It gets even more absurd when you think about buying a movie on Blu-Ray. You're dropping $20 on passive entertainment, and you probably have a shelf full of them, but never watch them 'cause Netflix reasons.

Boggles my mind that people do that and then gripe and moan about spending a few bucks on a video game. It's a quality of life feature. If you don't feel that $5-7 is worth the increase to your quality of life over time, then simply don't buy it.

You don't argue with the college student at the ticket booth that the ticket prices are too high for what you're getting, and if you do then you're an a**hole.

I've spent more money on this game then I have spent on any other game, ever. I am up over 2K. I spent that money gladly. I wanted to support this game for a variety of reasons, that I need not reiterate here for the up-teenth time. No 7 bucks, or 30 is not a big deal, and frankly at this point it would be a drop in the bucket.

That is NOT the point. The point is, that this sort of functionality, the ability to simply organize drop decks should have been included in the mode when it was originally introduced. This is a game that survives on encouraging customers to by mech pack after mech pack, but then until now gave you NO means of organizing all those mechs in a useful and functional way so as to efficiently play the "end game" mode. And now after more than two years of CW, we finally get that functionality and they want to charge us 7 bucks a pop for it (after the first two "free" decks). Charging us for that sort of feature and functionality at this point in the game's life is far more petty than our complaining about it.

#44 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostSmithMPBT, on 23 August 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

All good points, but I think most of the anger is over the perception PGI is discouraging players further from participating in a portion of the game that's almost dead.

Exactly. I actually play FW a lot and was looking forward to having multiple drop decks... until I find out that you now can't edit drop decks in the lobby. So now I have to shell out 1200MC or else run with two fairly generic dropdecks. Part of the fun of FW is that you can create very specialized mechs that excel on one specific map and more/side. Now? Gotta buy more dropdecks! It's like one step forward, two steps back.

Edited by Kubernetes, 23 August 2016 - 04:22 PM.

#45 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:46 PM

View PostSamsungNinja, on 23 August 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

And yet you won't bat an eye at running up a bar tab significantly higher than that, or going to a movie. How about spending 10-15x the price of a drop deck to go to a concert or a pro sports game? Yeah, that's what I thought. You'd likely do that too without thinking about it.

Perceived value is a tricky b*tch when it comes to entertainment. People won't think twice about sitting in a movie theater for 2 hours at $10-20 a ticket. When the credits roll? That's it. You're done. It gets even more absurd when you think about buying a movie on Blu-Ray. You're dropping $20 on passive entertainment, and you probably have a shelf full of them, but never watch them 'cause Netflix reasons.

Boggles my mind that people do that and then gripe and moan about spending a few bucks on a video game. It's a quality of life feature. If you don't feel that $5-7 is worth the increase to your quality of life over time, then simply don't buy it.

You don't argue with the college student at the ticket booth that the ticket prices are too high for what you're getting, and if you do then you're an a**hole.

I think pretty much all your counter points are BS. I don't drop money at the movies... I have a home theater for that need, I just wait a little longer for the movies I want to see. As for going out to bars..... I haven't been out for years, and could care less. How does one justify things like this? Seriously, south park episode ring a bell? Some of you select few keep coming up with this same old two step.... what ever man, you guys just Rock! Posted Image

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 23 August 2016 - 07:46 PM.

#46 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:53 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 23 August 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

I've spent more money on this game then I have spent on any other game, ever. I am up over 2K. I spent that money gladly. I wanted to support this game for a variety of reasons, that I need not reiterate here for the up-teenth time. No 7 bucks, or 30 is not a big deal, and frankly at this point it would be a drop in the bucket.

That is NOT the point. The point is, that this sort of functionality, the ability to simply organize drop decks should have been included in the mode when it was originally introduced. This is a game that survives on encouraging customers to by mech pack after mech pack, but then until now gave you NO means of organizing all those mechs in a useful and functional way so as to efficiently play the "end game" mode. And now after more than two years of CW, we finally get that functionality and they want to charge us 7 bucks a pop for it (after the first two "free" decks). Charging us for that sort of feature and functionality at this point in the game's life is far more petty than our complaining about it.

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner folks, somebody gets it Posted Image

View PostDeathlike, on 23 August 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Apparently, you can't make one for IS and Clan. It totally depends on what faction you're in. This hurts for Mercs.

I bet that the entire dropdeck resets for Mercs... which would be a PITA.

I have a clan and an IS account... oh $hit..wait, more money for PGI if I decide I need this feature that should of been in from day one and for free. South park episode ring a bell anyone? But wait, I haven't dropped in CW in like months....not since my last video I made on Clanners that play like real clanners.Posted Image

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 23 August 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#47 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:54 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 23 August 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

It's akin to trying to sell you extra Mist Lynx variants after releasing the Arctic Cheetah.

What's the point?

#48 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 August 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

It's akin to trying to sell you extra Mist Lynx variants after releasing the Arctic Cheetah.

What's the point?

I have one of those just sitting in my clan accounts bays, collecting dust. Look mom, no arms Posted Image

How I mastered them, I don't have a clue! I mastered my Locust's before any of the quirks, and it was way easier, and that says a lot to me about the Mist Lynx! Hey, you guys heard about the new mech pack coming right? Wanna by a mech pack? Posted Image

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 23 August 2016 - 07:58 PM.

#49 wolf74

• 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:01 PM

1,200MC = about $1.28 US, skip one cup of Starbucks coffee and you can do that 3 times over.

Edited by wolf74, 23 August 2016 - 08:02 PM.

#50 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

View Postwolf74, on 23 August 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

1,200MC = about $1.28 US, skip one cup of Starbucks coffee and you can do that 3 times over.

they are confusing 1,200 MC for 1,200 dollars

#51 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 23 August 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

No not at all.... I think once a guy has $2000 grand into a game to support it, the dev's should be giving out handies or something of value to him or "them", I mean seriously guys, when is enough enough?

#52 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:08 PM

I think this is in reference to the $7MC pack that gives 1250MC. We're not talking about spending $100 for the meh ratio improvements.

#53 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:09 PM

Get a few blood sucking mosquito bites...no big deal. Get the blood sucked out of you by a 1000 bites....you die.

This little fee principle is being tacked onto everything and everywhere possible these days. The real mind **** is when people start defending having to pay extra to do the norm as if it is some sort of micro rite of passage transaction . Gotta love itPosted Image

#54 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

Before Phase 3 i used to play FW 90% of my game time.
Since Phase 3 its dropped to less than 10% of my game time.

The fact they removed being able to modify drop decks on the fly is definitely two steps back. Though thankfully im almost never playing FW nowadays.

#55 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 23 August 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

You're missing the point, 12 hours ago we had more flexibilty but with slightly less convenience and it cost nothing, zero, nadda, not a penny. Now we have to pay for slightly more convenience but with greatly reduced flexibilty. Overall not a great addition to an already struggling gamemode in my opinion.

IF this had been the original implementation nearly 2 years ago, very few would have had an issue with it and no doubt PGI would have made a pretty little profit from it. But now? There is so few people playing the mode that it makes no sense to add a paywall barrier to it and expect everyone to be smiles and happy thoughts.

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 23 August 2016 - 08:35 PM.

#56 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:33 PM

Never gonna buy extra drop decks over the free one that I am getting Posted Image

Edited by Telemachus Rheade, 23 August 2016 - 08:33 PM.

#57 smokytehbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThe Heat Lab

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:50 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 23 August 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

The fact they removed being able to modify drop decks on the fly is definitely two steps back. Though thankfully im almost never playing FW nowadays.

You can add me to the list of never playing FW now too, thanks to this "feature."

At least now, 3 years later from the game's launch, can I at least sort my mechs by something other than alphabetical chassis for my dropdeck? Not that I need to, considering I no longer have any need to switch quickly.

Just gotta push me out of quickplay now PGI, you've almost got me. Only hanging on by a tiny bit anymore. Let's see that ED patch up your sleeve.

#58 ComradeHavoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

#59 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:01 PM

You play FW. You deserve all the butt thrusting you get and PGI knows it too. Posted Image Posted Image

#60 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:18 PM

one would think improving FP would mean more people buying drop decks. SO, FP content first. Like. overhaul.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users