#1 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChandler, AZ, USA

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

So I pre-ordered the Cyclops and eagerly awaited release day... only to find that unless I'm not understanding something or doing something wrong, the modules that were supposed to come with the mech as part of said pre-order are NOT unlocked at all and still have to be unlocked with GXP? What is the point of the preorder process if you can't apply them?

What the hell gives here, PGI? This is straight up misrepresentation.

#2 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:18 PM

Its pretty well understood that if you haven't unlocked said module for use then you cannot use said module regardless of owning one

I swear I see this post every time a mech drops. They really should stop offering modules.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:20 PM

you still have to pay the gxp cost to unlock the module. what is that 3500gxp. you can make that in a weekend.

#4 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:21 PM

That makes absolutely NO sense. Why bother "offering" it up if that's the case? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Like many others, this pre-order will likely be my last. Well played, PGI ********. You got my money but not another dime more.

Edited by Ghostrider0067, 23 August 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#5 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:34 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 August 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

you still have to pay the gxp cost to unlock the module. what is that 3500gxp. you can make that in a weekend.

Well Radar derp was offered too once or twice and that's 15k GXP. That's quite something to grind, even with Premium.

#6 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:34 PM

The event that just ended (and was very easy to complete) paid out 4000 GXP. You are complaining about a problem that doesn't exist. Stop complaining and unlock your damn skill tree.

#7 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:04 PM

I don't happen to have a mech in each weight class, so your assertion doesn't help me one bit. You're entitled to your opinion as much as I am mine. You don't have to like it or respect it as that is your choice. Regardless, I still respect your opinion out of common courtesy. I see that I'm not provided with the same in kind.

So much ForumWarrior in you, man. Seriously.

Edited by Ghostrider0067, 23 August 2016 - 11:05 PM.

#8 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:13 PM

View PostGhostrider0067, on 23 August 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

So I pre-ordered the Cyclops and eagerly awaited release day... only to find that unless I'm not understanding something or doing something wrong, the modules that were supposed to come with the mech as part of said pre-order are NOT unlocked at all and still have to be unlocked with GXP? What is the point of the preorder process if you can't apply them?

Not that I'm going to defend how modules are handled, but the point is that you don't have to buy the module for several million c-bills after unlocking it.

I know for a fact PGI has made this issue (of still needing to unlock the module first in order to use it) quite clear with various other offers & rewards if you just bothered reading the details, and I assume they made it just as clear with the details for Cyclops pre-order rewards.

I guess it's possible PGI forgot to make the issue clear this time around, but I rather doubt it and I'm not going to bother looking at it myself because I don't care much.

#9 smokytehbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThe Heat Lab

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:44 PM

PGI misrepresenting their product/service?

Nah, they haven't done that since the supply caches... which are still ongoing I guess.

#10 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:14 AM

View PostGhostrider0067, on 23 August 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

It says on the pre order that you have to unlock the modules first to use them.

How the hell do people miss this..

#11 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:31 AM

View PostCathy, on 24 August 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

I don't recall seeing that and perhaps I overlooked it. Good Christ... no chance that anyone here could be kind enough to give a FIRST TIME PRE-ORDER the benefit of doubt or anything and simply apply the free d-bag module.

#12 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:56 AM

A reward is a reward and should not be locked by any game mechanic.
Another 'pgi fugged it up' example.

#13 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:02 AM

View PostXetelian, on 23 August 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

Its pretty well understood that if you haven't unlocked said module for use then you cannot use said module regardless of owning one

I swear I see this post every time a mech drops. They really should stop offering modules.

View Postkesmai, on 24 August 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

The earlier modules were -LTD versions which could work without skills unlocked. I do not know why they discontinued this practice.

#14 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:27 AM

It is the same with modules from events. If you haven't unlocked it, you can't use it. Not a problem really. You don't have to pay for the item, that is the reward. Just as a real world example: If you get a car and don't have a drivers licence... you should be allowed to drive it, right?
You seem to have a quite toxic attitude and it seems you just want to heat topics. Might be just my impression.

Back to topic:
You get the item. It does not say you get the ability to use it. Normally that information is given in the pre-order text. Couldn't find it for the Marauder IIC for example, but I know it was there for other mech packs this year. So yes, perhaps they forgot to mention it. But it is the same thing as getting modules from events. You can't use them until you unlock them first.

Giving the usability for free:
They could but people might feel cheated then too. Just think about it this way: Getting the modules unlocked for the first buy would mean that if you have 2 range/cd modules, you would get much less GXP value than for a seismic sensor and an advanced targeting module for example.

Edited by Ibrandul Mike, 24 August 2016 - 01:28 AM.

#15 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:32 AM

View PostIbrandul Mike, on 24 August 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

It is the same with modules from events. If you haven't unlocked it, you can't use it. Not a problem really. You don't have to pay for the item, that is the reward. Just as a real world example: If you get a car and don't have a drivers licence... you should be allowed to drive it, right?
You seem to have a quite toxic attitude and it seems you just want to heat topics. Might be just my impression.

Back to topic:
You get the item. It does not say you get the ability to use it. Normally that information is given in the pre-order text. Couldn't find it for the Marauder IIC for example, but I know it was there for other mech packs this year. So yes, perhaps they forgot to mention it. But it is the same thing as getting modules from events. You can't use them until you unlock them first.

Giving the usability for free:
They could but people might feel cheated then too. Just think about it this way: Getting the modules unlocked for the first buy would mean that if you have 2 range/cd modules, you would get much less GXP value than for a seismic sensor and an advanced targeting module for example.

I think you should keep your opinion about others attitude to yourself and do your mod job instead of throwing around judgments.

#16 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:11 AM

View Postkesmai, on 24 August 2016 - 01:32 AM, said:

I think you should keep your opinion about others attitude to yourself and do your mod job instead of throwing around judgments.

It's more than possible for volunteer mods to speak in a non-moderator capacity and not be doing anything wrong. Maybe you should shitpost less and focus a little less on names.

#17 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:02 AM

View PostCathy, on 24 August 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

Because reading is hard.

#18 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:17 AM

View PostGhostrider0067, on 23 August 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:

I don't happen to have a mech in each weight class, so your assertion doesn't help me one bit. You're entitled to your opinion as much as I am mine. You don't have to like it or respect it as that is your choice. Regardless, I still respect your opinion out of common courtesy. I see that I'm not provided with the same in kind.

So much ForumWarrior in you, man. Seriously.

1. You dont need a Mech unlocked in each weight class to earn GXP. If you're earning XP, you're earning GXP as well.

2. MWO is by far not the only game to disallow use of 'Locked' content despite paying for it e.g. Must reach level X to unlock, must obtain X achievement to unlock, must obtain X pieces to unlock, etc. Many of them go a step further and simply prevent you from purchasing said items until you've met the requirements to actually use them, however as the Modules are a bonus reward, no such stipulation is actually necessary.

It's a simple matter of unlocking the module in the Pilot Tree, which is a prerequisite of using ALL modules. I'm not sorry you werent able to 'sidestep' the system.

You must be new to online gaming, welcome!

This is nothing new or uncommon in games, nor is it a bad thing. He got his reward - It's his responsibility to qualify to use it. Some games simply dont let you buy it if you cant actually use it at that point in time, or at all if you cant use it... at all. That's not the case here, but at the same time the only reason he cant use it is he:

A. Is too lazy to skill up modules.
B. Doesnt have time to grind GXP.
C. Hasnt gotten around to it.

Take your pick. But let's stop blaming PGI for our petty, unrealistic expectations and failing to meet our really stupid demands... mmmkay?

#19 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:35 AM

View PostPjwned, on 24 August 2016 - 02:11 AM, said:

It's more than possible for volunteer mods to speak in a non-moderator capacity and not be doing anything wrong. Maybe you should shitpost less and focus a little less on names.

Yeah, whatever makes you happy.
Still:
A reward should not be locked behind a games mechanic.

#20 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 582 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:42 AM

You should at first read properly instead of ranting afterwards. The page says that you get the module. If you have to unlock it just do it. Where is the problem?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users