• The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:09 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 24 August 2016 - 05:06 PM, said:

Crimson Strait: Fixed collision issues with the central mountain that could cause 'Mechs to phase through.

Please have in mind, that this is happening on other mountains as well. NOT just the center one! At least the G6 Mountain has this problem as well.

#22 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:14 AM

I hope it is also repairing the dico issues since last patch.

#23 Thanatos31

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationEnroute to Terra

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:27 AM

Hey PGI ,

would you give us any info on a) how you see the current state of FW /phase3 ? B) what your future plans are with FW ?!

It was supposed to be the pinnacle of game modes ... but really has not been touched in light of mech- packs, map updates and game mechanics.

Atleast it seems that way.

Thanks,

a Founder.

Edited by Thanatos31, 25 August 2016 - 12:28 AM.

#24 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:41 AM

Think some people didn't read the small print.

we are planning to restore Drop Deck editing in the Faction Play lobby in the September 20th patch.

YAY it's a month away YAY

Edited by The Nerf Bat, 25 August 2016 - 12:42 AM.

#25 Delta1262 Scorch

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:01 AM

Regarding the inability to edit Drop Decks while in Faction Play lobbies

With the introduction of Multiple Drop Decks in the August 23rd patch, players have been unable to edit their Drop Decks while lobbied for Faction Play Matches. While the work required to restore this functionality has not been completed in time for this hot fix, we are planning to restore Drop Deck editing in the Faction Play lobby in the September 20th patch.

Ehmm, well, i read this 4 or 5 times in a row to see if i'm maybe got it wrong...
Maybe i'm wrong, but giving the currently fragile state of FW the whole month to die totally - isn't the best way to revive it.
Seeing the map and side you're dropping into and not being able to adjust your dropdeck, so if you have hottest builds for vitric, closerange for boreal defence, snipe builds on attack with closerange quarters etc - then unlucky you, just deal with it?
Yeeeah, sure that can wait for a month or even two, absolutely not vital problem...Posted Image

#26 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:13 AM

View PostKaptain, on 24 August 2016 - 11:21 PM, said:

Any chance of getting a favorite mech tab memory fix?

This one is fun. Add in the whole favorites function, but didn't notice in testing that it does NOT persist if you log off? So while FW drop deck issue is getting fixed (for a feature that works, just not as well as liked), the Favorites feature is actually incomplete and non functional.

#27 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:44 AM

That MC sale PGI had in the bag for the extra drop decks was reverted to money for a different game as of this hotfix message.

What should have been a simple addition of functionality turned into a "we don't know anything about logic or design, and if you didn't already know this from years of this kind of thing happening, here's ANOTHER example".

#28 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:46 AM

Thank goodness for the map fix. Dropdeck fix. Well im not always fiddling last minute but I can understand the angst.

#29 Ian G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:15 AM

With the introduction of Multiple Drop Decks in the August 23rd patch, players have been unable to edit their Drop Decks while lobbied for Faction Play Matches. While the work required to restore this functionality has not been completed in time for this hot fix, we are planning to restore Drop Deck editing in the Faction Play lobby in the September 20th patch.

There vis already a workaround. But it only works if you are in a group, as far as i know.

Go to your social window and choose your Dropdeck. Click on the little pencil next to the Dropdeck. Edit it, save it. And don't forget to click the select button once you have changed your dropdeck.

And now chill, i just restored dropdeck editing for you. You're welcome.

#30 Garuda4711

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:18 AM

While the work required to restore this functionality has not been completed in time for this hot fix, we are planning to restore Drop Deck editing in the Faction Play lobby in the September 20th patch.

Thing is simple: PGI hope that those few still playing FW will have to buy 2 additional drop-deck-slots in order to play FW properly. Always the same with PGI forcing the last MCs out of a dying product! :(

#31 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:03 AM

View PostIan G, on 25 August 2016 - 05:15 AM, said:

Go to your social window and choose your Dropdeck. Click on the little pencil next to the Dropdeck. Edit it, save it. And don't forget to click the select button once you have changed your dropdeck.

And now chill, i just restored dropdeck editing for you. You're welcome.

Only works when you have some "pilots receiving orders", alias not a complete team, alias matchmaker is still searching for players.

When you have full 12 man, alias we have a square to fight about, or in last minute. Or you are a singel players. Doesn't work there.

So no ain't chillin on my side.

#32 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:14 AM

PGI, the speed of their coders is only matched by the flawless execution of their development team.

Posted Image

#33 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:24 AM

Improved the readability of Sector designations over the changes from the August 23rd patch. Sector designations now have slight drop shadows and are fully opaque.

Alias we are trying to fix what we have screwed up.

But we take time, a lot of time.
And no you CW/FP - Players are not so important, that we make a hot fix for you.

or

our programmers really need 1 month to fix this.

(I don't know which statement is more frightening)

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by tee5, 25 August 2016 - 06:27 AM.

#34 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostAnchovy, on 24 August 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

Yes, some players are able to drop with Innersphere decks for the Clanside and vice-versa. Not loyalists pilots though.

So PGI, either fix it or state it's a new feature for merc pilots or an exploit etc please.

This may be tied to a previous issue of if your contract ends while you are in Queue, your deck gets reset (but I think only if you try to modify it), this happened to us in 228 the first week after CW3 dropped.

I have also seen it revert to trial mechs under similar circumstances.

#35 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:06 AM

View Posttee5, on 25 August 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

But we take time, a lot of time.
And no you CW/FP - Players are not so important, that we make a hot fix for you.

or

our programmers really need 1 month to fix this.

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif](I don't know which statement is more frightening)

EDIT: Spelling

As a developer that has had to dive into other peoples code, there are times it looks like an implementation won't be too painful within the current scope only to find that "Yeah boss, I'll have it done in 3 weeks." turns into "oh crap oh crap oh crap!" about 2 weeks in, or after a bug comes to light.

My guess is that they thought they had this implemented, but now that its found to have a bug, they want to step back and be more cautious about it.

If only they had a PTS up and running where some of us were currently testing other features... ;)

#36 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:31 AM

RIP Faction Warfare, we tried to care about you, but PGI just doesn't give a single damn, so why should we?

#37 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:36 AM

So.. the only new thing, what works fine, is the In-Game Store Cart... Right?..

Ok.. Who else has the feeling, that the bug-searching team were on holiday in the last few weeks?

#38 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:02 AM

We will update this post as necessary if any further changes to the content or its tentatively scheduled time arise.

The maximum estimated downtime required for this hot-fix will be approximately 30 minutes.

When services are restored you will be required to apply a small patch.

Hey, now the screaming rage and vitriol can stop!

... right?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

PS: It's sad that I didn't have to read the comments to predict them.

PPS: Tee5, you should look up "alias."

Edited by Void Angel, 25 August 2016 - 11:00 AM.

#39 Selaha

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:06 AM

If you realy need ONE Month to fix this, then roll Back to the old system, it was better then this s****.

#40 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

Although I understand the clamor about the drop decks not being *easily* changed when you are in the drop sequence, I think PGI should make it an option to choose in the game settings: keep it like it is now or be able to switch out Mechs.
Keeping it as it is now makes things more interesting, reminds me of the tabletop when playing with a third person selecting the map and showing it as we position our Mechs.
I like either option tbh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users