7 replies to this topic

#1 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

I've found a few old threads but I am still a bit lost. I have been playing pug in the general pool since closed beta (legendary founder) but I have not played faction warfare at all and I have some questions.

When I purchased the phoenix package I was supposed to receive 4 medallions that give a loyalty point bonus. I do not see these anywhere. I do see a single "overlord" medallion but not 4 of anything, where do I find these?

I seem to be earning loyalty points that I can assign to a faction in my profile. I have 2500+ of them. No idea where they came from... how did I get them if I have never assigned loyalty or played in FW?

I have no real loyalty to any particular faction. When I was a kid I would drop with Saint Ives in mech commander and MCG. I have 70? mechs all of which are inner sphere mechs. I believe I would like to be a mercenary and take contacts as I see fit. There are half as many tiers for mercenary reputation as their are faction loyalty tiers. Is it disadvantageous to be a mercenary?

Also, it sounds as though If I kill mechs as a mercenary I loose faction points from that faction? Would it then be better to start off as a mercenary, level that a bit for some mech bays and C-bills and then declare loyalty to a faction?

Is 0 the lowest loyalty number or can one go into the negative?

Thank you for your time/help in this! I am very confused.

Edit: Also, it sounds as though "freelance" is completely pointless yes?

Edited by Kaptain, 25 August 2016 - 01:44 PM.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:00 PM

Freelancer is the Quickplay of Community Warfare. Get a call to arms, launch, fight. Bam. Get it done, get out, get to the next fight. Doesn't matter where or when. But yeah, no loyalty. No mechbays. It's there for those who just want the experience and the gamemode but don't mind pugging it up.

Then there's mercenary work. I'd suggest starting there. You can faction hop every week, try out different factions, an try an find folk who're on when you are.

Then, when your ready, i'd suggest the mechbay tour. Go around to each house, an nab rank two or six in each for those sweet sweet mechbays.

And no, You don't go negative.

~Leone

Edited by Leone, 25 August 2016 - 11:00 PM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:02 PM

Did you ever claim the medialions? You have to choose them, it is somewhere under your profile on this website, probably under the content tab.

The best way to get a lot of rewards would be to go merc, get all the easy levels as a merc then declair for a faction, then when you have got the easy levels with that faction break the loyalty and after 1 week you can join another, that should keep you going for a while.

If you destroy a Mech belonging to a faction that costs you loyalty points with that faction but you cannot go below 0

If you only have IS Mechs and are not planning to go Clan anytime soon, play IS and if the faction you are with is attacking a faction you do not want to loose LP for then defend against Clan attacks instead

#4 FailMK

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:32 PM

Hope you guys don't mind me piggy back this discussion, in the recent CW event (they were giving out a medium and a heavy mech), I played enough CW to get the free medium mech. I realised that I didn't actually earn any loyalty points (was in clan jade falcon) when I was buying mechs bays. Anybody have the same issue / have any suggestions on what to do?

Also I played enough invasion to get most of the invasion rewards, so the problem is ONLY playing scouting game mode.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:34 PM

You are currently showing as a Davion Merc were you a Jade Falcon Mercenary? If so you would not earn Loyalty for Jade Falcon, Mercs have a different rewards tree to faction loyalists, there is a separate tab for mercinaries

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 02 September 2016 - 02:11 AM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostKaptain, on 25 August 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

Go here.
https://mwomercs.com/profile/content
Scroll down.

Choose medallions.
Relog into game.
Equip medallion on your Mech's cockpit.

Earn reward for that faction during faction play.

Note... put it on High performing mechs!
The reward is just for that Mech's performance. Make sure it is good for maximum benefit

#7 FailMK

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:38 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 01 September 2016 - 10:34 PM, said:

You are currently showing as a Davion Merc were you a Jade Falcon Mercenary? If so you would not earn Loyalty for Jade Falcon, Mercs have a different rewards tree to faction loyalists, there is a separate tab for mercinaries

Oh ok, didnt know they changed the system. So in order to get the free mech bays from various factions i need to become a loyalists, not a merc?

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:44 AM

View PostFailMK, on 03 September 2016 - 01:38 AM, said:

Oh ok, didnt know they changed the system. So in order to get the free mech bays from various factions i need to become a loyalists, not a merc?

Mercs do get Mechbays as you earn merc reputation, but each faction also has its own reputation tree, if you pledge loyalty there is a 10 fp game recruitment period then you gain reputation with that faction, you can later break loyalty by ether leaving or disbanding your unit, as soon as you break loyalty you stop earning lp and loose 25% of the LP earned for that faction, then after a week you can pledge for another faction and repeat.

this changed months ago with the release of phase 3, I guess PGI (the developer) decided it had been a bit too easy to get a lot of free Mechbays

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users