Exiting Mechs To Engage On Foot In Fps Style Command Post Raid After Enemy Mechs Destroyed.

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you support a new infantry FPS Gametype (exiting/entering mech as shown in the academy) after either attacking side destroys all enemy mechs and now has to infiltrate command base on foot in order to secure final objective? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you support a new infantry FPS Gametype (exiting/entering mech as shown in the academy) after either attacking side destroys all enemy mechs and now has to infiltrate command base on foot in order to secure final objective?

1. Yes!!!! (5 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No!!!! (10 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KOITSU

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

Would you support a new infantry FPS Gametype (exiting/entering mech as shown in the academy) after either attacking side destroys all enemy mechs and now has to infiltrate command base on foot in order to secure final objective?

Gametype would be a skirmish, with the difference of either side having to destroy all enemy mechs BEFORE being given the ability to exit mechs in order to assault command base of opposing team. Even if 1 side does destroy all enemy mechs, and cannot secure objective inside command post by being wiped out in a firefight, they still lose. This gives the losing team of mech fighting the ability to still win if they hold the fort down. It would also give extra c-bills/gxp etc to the losing/winning team for having participated in an extended objective match that takes longer or has more steps to complete. What do you think? I believe this would bring new life to MechWarrior Online and would attract an even bigger crowd of new/returning players who are interested in FPS, and would greatly increase the revenue of Piranha Games to further support MechWarrioir Online and its future.

Edited by KOITSU, 25 August 2016 - 06:49 PM.

#2 Itachi The Prodigy

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 29 posts
  • Locationinside your wife...

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

Ha this is intresting as hell :) always wanted to know the world outside my mech
Vote : YES!

#3 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:39 PM

I would not support a new gametype.
I would support letting you get out/eject from your 'mech and run about on foot.

No radar, no electronics, no minimap, only an autorifle, which is even less effective than a machine gun. One hit and you die. The only good thing being you can't be detected except by visual. And no objectives either, your 'mech is dead so you can't do anything but harass.

#4 Thor Sten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:27 AM

Would like to see it, but optional.

Perhaps as part of a mini-campaign in FW:
Step one: Mech's scout,
Step two: Winner of Step one choses Gamemode/map for main mech fight,
Step three: Winner of step two get's some advantage in taking over or defending actual base.

#5 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:49 AM

Only if I can recover a BFG5000 or Plasma Rifle from a nearby building.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users