Question About Faction War.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Fannon

• Pip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:43 AM

So on the faction screen, the only battle I see for House Liao is the world of New Macao. Which has been the same world for weeks and weeks. However, everytime I log on I see we've taken/lost some worlds. How is it that other people are able to attack various worlds, but the only option I get is New Macao that never has anyone qued for it? What am I missing?

#2 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:54 AM

The number of worlds owned (+ or -) is based on how many worlds have changed in total for each faction since the launch of the current 'season' of FW (phase 3 launched in April, so since then).

The worlds you see when it is first loading the map are the default starting positions for each faction (hence Jade Falcon has a small zone, which upon loading then becomes a huge wedge through Lyran space into Marik/Fed Suns territory).

As far as what actual worlds can be attacked, pgi's algorithm does that - the only way to change which world can be attacked is to:

A.) Take the targeted world in question.

or

B.) Vote to attack a different faction.

The lack of activity you are seeing is likely attributable to three things - the generally low population in house Liao (it has always been lightly represented by players), timezone (EU has historically been the most active), and the active population of FP in general (or lack thereof). Unfortunately trying to find groups in FP is generally a struggle, and even then it's a struggle to find a decent team unless you're familiar with players you're with, either because you are in the same unit together or because you all drop together frequently.

#3 FC Griff Mondo

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:04 PM

House Liao pilots have been out fighting the clans. Davion has been active on two to three fronts since the fall of Steiner, so CCAF pilots are refusing to make ghost drops or run missions against pugs. The story I get is that the Liao pilots are looking for standup fights, and not pug matches. This is why New Macao has been the target world for as long as it had been.

Rest assured though, if Jade Falcon is not stopped before it reaches the Liao system you will soon see a lot of action with the Confederation defending Capellan worlds. Epsilon-9 is about to stop the C-Bill grind and reassert itself on the Faction scene, so watch for E-9 in Faction Chat.

#4 Fannon

• Pip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:53 PM

Oh. I have nothing against fighting pugs lol :(

#5 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:24 AM

View PostFannon, on 30 August 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

Oh. I have nothing against fighting pugs lol Posted Image

The problem, is that pugs would rather take their chances on a clan world then fight IS vs IS when the attacking team is a 12 man that is organised.

#6 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:09 PM

View PostStoneblade, on 31 August 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

The problem, is that pugs would rather take their chances on a clan world then fight IS vs IS when the attacking team is a 12 man that is organised.

The Problem is that Stoneblade and the other Lancers are fighting for Falcon now... XD (*jk)

#7 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostDanjo San, on 24 September 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

The Problem is that Stoneblade and the other Lancers are fighting for Falcon now... XD (*jk)

sick burn

#8 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:27 PM

oh, man....I don't hang out daily on the forums and this is what comes out? Too bad we were out getting free stuff instead of paying to win. Posted Image The FP event allowed us to switch sides to get the clan side kills. We are not renewing our contract until Sunday.

#9 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:58 AM

House Liao has a Tetatae exchange program with Clan Jade Falcon!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users