• Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

Medium
Heavy
Assault
Light

Love the mix of speed, maneuverability, and firepower of mediums. And the queue is usually pretty good. Heavies would be next because Heavies.

Assaults are just tooooo slooooow. And lights are toooo faaaaast. Guess I am the Goldilocks of MWO.

#2 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:49 PM

Heavies first, because I can feel some degree of firm control on the battlefield. Followed by mediums, since they are like sports cars to me. Then lights, for different tactics altogether. I rarely play assaults. The speed is a factor, and the fact that the bullseye on my assaults tend to be brighter than other classes.

#3 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:52 PM

Assault, Light, Heavy, Medium

#4 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

Assault = Heavy = Medium
Light

used to be

Assault = Light
Heavy = Medium

but too many light mechs got hit hard by the increased size

#5 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

Heavy
Assault
Very very close third, Mediums
Lights

I enjoy all four weight classes but feel my playstyle is best with a certain combination of weapon types that heavies and assaults do best.

#6 FalconerGray

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

Light, Assault, Medium, Heavy.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:21 PM

assault, light, medium, heavy.

i view heavy as easy mode and it is grossly overrated. assault is like chess and light play is also very tactical but without as much time to make decisions, so you often find yourself in exciting if stupid situations. mediums are next because they give you some of the light experience, but with a bigger safety margin and a bit more build diversity. heavy is fun and its always a way to do well in the game, but then again it can also be a crutch. you pilot heavies all the time. then when you have to run another class, like in fp or whatever, you are at a huge disadvantage.

#8 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:22 PM

Light,
Assault,
Medium,
Heavy.

#9 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

Currently, it's just assaults mainly KDK-3 for me however once the Energy Draw is implemented I would like to become a sniper in the form of a Shadow Cat.

Edited by MOBAjobg, 29 August 2016 - 07:31 PM.

#10 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

assaults -> heavy -> Mediums -> -> lights....

I just cant manage to survive with the lights for a long time and do meaning full damage to the enemy without running out of ammo.

#11 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:52 PM

Assault
Heavy
Light
Medium

#12 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

Light
Assault
Medium
Heavy

Heavies are too boring - too good in all aspects, no downsides. I like my mech to have some distinguishing features - weaknesses as well as strengths.

#13 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:11 PM

Lights, Assaults, Heavies = Mediums.

I play everything and like all of them pretty well, but if I had to order them that would be it. I love Light gameplay a lot because no one expects that you'll be the one to carry the match. To me its a super easy class to play and do well in, you have so many options all the time, you can reposition, attack from different angles, jump around, and in many cases just 1v1 assaults head on in mechs like Locust where they just can't hit you because of your high speed poking. Other times you can just try and stay out of their range of movement. My best matches that I can remember are usually from my times in light mechs as the last man alive against a lance of mechs of various weight classes where I pull out a win.

Assaults are really different from lights in that they lose just about all the repositioning on the fly ability, but your positioning decides the match. Assaults take out other mechs in seconds with ease and are easily capable of destroying the majority of the enemy team single handedly given good positioning and good aim with good damage spreading skills. My Atlases, Kodiaks, Maulers, and Executioners are some of my favorites and 1000 damage games aren't uncommon. If I don't go and wipe at least a full medium lance in my Executioners I was having a bad day. My favorite match was as last man vs 7 enemies in a group queue battle against a 12 man enemy team in which I defeated all 7 of the opponents in my Executioner, they team wasn't anything like NS, but was at least a mid tier team.

Heavies are decent and simple to play, but for me they are too simple, I've been around too long and the gameplay for them gets stale, I can just peek out, fill some guy with holes, peek back. I try to act as the team's backbone as a heavy, I'll bring Hellbringers with ECM often and keep our team invisible to enemy radar and shoot people down who I see. In a heavy my scores are a bit more reliant on the team in that I can't act independently as with a light, and I'm not a one man army like in an assault, but with at least one good ally I can back them up. Heavies are like force multipliers, alone they'll get beat by an assault, and a good medium or light can out maneuver them, but they are common and in groups their focus fire is immense.

Mediums I like for their specialization in doing what they do. Centurions are great brawlers for me, easily capable of taking out many heavies or even assaults if they aren't specialized for brawling themselves. Shadow Cat has the repositioning ability of a light, and I use it as such. Hunchback IICs act as great damage support, often running builds as damaging as heavies, but with great hardpoint locations. Nova brings DPS builds that make Atlases worry. That said, mediums aren't game changers often times. They have a lot of reliance on the team and usually can't push all alone and are just a little too slow and big to go on just like lights. Their low armor means they can also be taken out in a single alpha from some assaults, making them as risky as lights. They still are pretty nice mechs, but someone equally skilled in an assault should make short work of someone in a medium, no questions asked.

#14 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

Medium

Light

Heavy

Assault

Despite finding me in mostly heavies, i do prefer lights and mediums the most.

#15 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:35 PM

1. Assault--Prefer raw damage builds over defensive quirks.

2. Heavy--Mostly hill humping peek-a-boo builds.

3. Medium--Prefer in-your-face brawlers.

4. Light--Prefer ECM mechs.

#16 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:44 PM

Assault
Light
Medium
Heavy

:)

#17 Nyte Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:20 PM

Heavy
light
assault
medium

#18 DarthLlama

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:26 PM

1. Medium - Perfect balance of speed and firepower. A bit light on armor, but as long as I don't try and trade with Assaults/Heavies, I'm usually ok.

2. Light - Just way too much fun. My least favorite opponent to fight, they're just nasty.

3. Assault - I love the heavy armor and all the firepower, being that slow is tough though.

4. Heavy - Seems like a great class, I just haven't found a fit for me yet in this class.

#19 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:44 PM

Medium, Assault, Heavy, Light
For some reason my play style doesn't translate well to Heavy and tend to do poorly in them.
The art of Drive-by-Shooting of Light is beyond me.

#20 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:51 PM

KDK SB
STREAK WOLF
ICE FERRET

they have more then 3 weight classes

1 user(s) are reading this topic