#1 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:38 AM

Greetings,
In the last few weeks I've encountered a few bugs on the forum. These issues are only to be found in one specific thread of mine. I haven't been able to reproduce 'em somewhere else.

Thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...itter-newsfeed/

Issues:
1.) About 2-3 weeks ago it started with an error when ever I post anything in there:
Posted Image
(Not only when I post images, but when I am posting other stuff, too. The screenshot was made just now after I simply posted "test")

After sending I am send to the 503 Error page (Service unavailable).
Although encountering the error-screen the post is saved and posted correctly.

2.) Sometimes (I am not able to reproduce this on purpose) after clicking the button to post something there is only a "saving post..." and no button.
Posted Image
(Screenshot was made about 2 weeks ago).
Even after waiting 5 hours (out of curiosity i left the tab open) nothing changes.
Again: The post is posted correctly, but you don't get redirected to the thread again. You are stuck there in "saving post...")

3.) The first odd thing I encountered was that someone other than me posted in there and I didn't got a notification.
I have the option turned on, that all threads I post in are automaticly followed by me. Thus I've been following the thread (100% sure as I got notification about this thread before).
3.1) I noticed that not only I have lost the following-status to that thread, but everyone. There are currently 0 followers. I know that there have been others than me, because I've seen it (although I cannot say who or how much, as that is not a thing I've been paying attention to).
3.2) After posting again (which should re-follow the thread) or even manually saying "Follow this topic" nothing happens. I get to the dialog when I want to get the notifications (I say instantly and check the box to get notifications) and to say if I want to follow anonymously (not checked).
There are still 0 followers and I still don't get any notifications at all.

Troubleshooting:
I have no idea what is causing the problem. Maybe it is a hint, that this thread almost only contains posts with screenshots (and sometimes a link). The screenshots are made with and uploaded/hosted by puu.sh.
I use puu.sh for uploading pics in all other threads on the forum and haven't got a single issue. Maybe it is caused by the amount of images on the thread (unlikly) or by the amount of images on a single side (rather unlikly, but possible).

As the posting & reading of the thread is still possible it isn't that much of a problem, but it is quite annoying and definitly not correct behaviour.

Any ideas or comments?

Cheers,
Raubwurst

Edited by Raubwurst, 06 September 2016 - 02:21 PM.

#2 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:20 PM

The issue is fixed now, thanks to Mr. Sinclair and any other who was involved in fixing it! :)

(Thread can be closed/moved/deleted)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users