Mc And C-Bill Mech Releases!

44 replies to this topic

#21 Antibaryonic

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:08 AM

Looks an awful lot like the rifleman schematic and that fits with the current iic release. Too many square corners to be the Uriel. Not a single rounded tile in all the images. Take a look at the knee joints and the torso details/barrel mount squares. Top square might even be the 'fin/disc'.

Edited by LRM 666, 06 September 2016 - 11:16 AM.

#22 MStipee

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

This is from No Guts No Galaxy Facebook from earlier:
Posted Image

#23 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

Uziel is 11 years past the current newest mech release. That kind of time line would require IS light fusion engines rotary acs and all the rest of the next gen tech for IS.

#24 MStipee

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 06 September 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

Uziel is 11 years past the current newest mech release. That kind of time line would require IS light fusion engines rotary acs and all the rest of the next gen tech for IS.

Well, Arctic Cheetah, Huntsman, Shadow Cat, Hunchback IIC, etc. are introduced in TRO 3058, so I suppose nothing is impossible. Timeline is not important. And only the custom variants has new weaponry and tech on them. Basic Uziel variants would fit into the game right now.

#25 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:37 AM

It could be any of the IIC versions of several existing mechs( LCT, PHX, GRF, RFL, SHD, WHM, Conjurer(WLV)), although it is more likely an IS mech, Bushwacker being the most likely, having 3 canon(tech) available variants, the X1, X2, and S2.

I hope it isn't though, since the IS doesn't need (ATM) another 55 ton chassis. Perhaps a light or maybe something like the Crusader(which has many available variants and a Hero-candidate). Of course something from the OST series is also a possibility.

#26 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostMStipee, on 06 September 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Well, Arctic Cheetah, Huntsman, Shadow Cat, Hunchback IIC, etc. are introduced in TRO 3058, so I suppose nothing is impossible. Timeline is not important. And only the custom variants has new weaponry and tech on them. Basic Uziel variants would fit into the game right now.

As far as production years go, though;
Arctic Cheetah - 3037
Hunchback IIC - 2856
Huntsman - 3049
Shadow Cat - 3003

The "newest" 'mechs we have are the Linebacker and Night Gyr, both with a production date of 3052, the same year as the Battle of Tukayyid which we've had. Twice.

So anything with a production date up to and including 3052 seems to be fair game, even if there aren't enough canon variants.

The Bushwacker is 3053 so it's not much of a stretch, but there are better candidates, imo.

#27 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:54 AM

Bushwalker after all:
https://twitter.com/...244276385849345

PPC barrel is an arm joint, lol. Wonder what new variants will be introduced.

Edited by AngrySpartan, 06 September 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#28 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

Wow. Completely unexcited yet again.

#29 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

View PostAngrySpartan, on 06 September 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

Bushwalker after all:
https://twitter.com/...244276385849345

PPC barrel is an arm joint, lol. Wonder what new variants will be introduced.

Well, that's disappointing. Still, I get to skip another pack :P

#30 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:21 PM

It's not a Bushwhacker. Unless they made it taller and skinnier like the Linebacker. And it's not a Crusader. It looks nothing like a Crusader. Doesn't look like an Uziel either. And I highly doubt they'd put that into the game yet. Russ said the next mech pack would be an IS mech though. I can't tell what it looks like. The shape of it just doesn't remind me of anything.

#31 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:35 PM

100% a bushwacker, I had a feeling weeks ago but the LRM rack in the first puzzle pieces confirmed it for me. The Reddit community is getting close to finishing the puzzle.

Honestly the playability may just come down to where the MG hard points are located in the side torsos. Failing that, SRM boat I guess? Not a lot of energy hard points.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 06 September 2016 - 12:37 PM.

#32 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 06 September 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

100% a bushwacker, I had a feeling weeks ago but the LRM rack in the first puzzle pieces confirmed it for me. The Reddit community is getting close to finishing the puzzle.

Honestly the playability may just come down to where the MG hard points are located in the side torsos. Failing that, SRM boat I guess? Not a lot of energy hard points.

Now that I see the compilation more it does look like a Bushwhacker...a highly edited one. I'm not excited for this mech. Unless good quirks I don't see it being viable. There's already 1000000 IS mediums to work with. And since PGI is insisting on giving new mechs insufficient quirks while not reducing them on other mechs by the same standard, it won't perform well. I could be wrong but...bad move in my opinion. Purely nostalgia money grab. I keep waiting for them to come out with the Annihilator. IS could use a Quad-AC/10 mech to compete with the dakka Dire Wolves or Kodiaks. The King Crab can only do so much.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 06 September 2016 - 01:01 PM.

#33 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 06 September 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

Now that I see the compilation more it does look like a Bushwhacker...a highly edited one. I'm not excited for this mech. Unless good quirks I don't see it being viable. There's already 1000000 IS mediums to work with. And since PGI is insisting on giving new mechs insufficient quirks while not reducing them on other mechs by the same standard, it won't perform well. I could be wrong but...bad move in my opinion. Purely nostalgia money grab. I keep waiting for them to come out with the Annihilator. IS could use a Quad-AC/10 mech to compete with the dakka Dire Wolves or Kodiaks. The King Crab can only do so much.

Honestly... Mechs should come out with very few quirks, and than get quirks added as they see them needing them. Otherwise we can end up with quirks that are unneeded, too powerful, or not powerful enough.

Yes, this would mean that mechs upon innitial release would be unbalanced, and then rebalanced as time moves on.

Of course, this is just my opinion on the matter. I know it would cause some people to scream "But I paid real money for that mech! It's garbage!" (Some people, it needs to be OP if they paid for it...)

#34 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:42 PM

Awww.. i thought this would take longer to solve.
I even thought it might be the MadCat MK2, as the chicken legs and missile rack suggested first.

Might give this a try, but I already have nearly all mechs between 45 and 90 tons :(

#35 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:44 PM

What they should really do is provide some information on the mech to some veteran players shortly before the launch countdown, and see what the initial reactions are. It wasn't hard for many of us gamers to instantly peg the Kodiak-3 as the omgwtfbbq variant when PGI was still worried about ER medium builds.

#36 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:52 PM

Called it on the KDK prices.

View PostThatNumbGuy, on 05 July 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

Their purchase price will be right around 16 million each, with the total for all five c-bill variants being very close to 79.5 million.

Even nailed them exactly.

#37 FerretboysRevenge

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKelso, WA

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:57 PM

No one mentions the Avatar? it was the first IS Omni based off the Vulture.

#38 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:08 PM

Time fix Kodic :DDDDDD men hard play arrondPosted Image

#39 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:41 PM

CAN THE ROC GET A COLOUR PASS ON THE GOLD COLOR AS SEEN IN THE ADD USED TO SELL IT? The copper look just doesnt cut it after seeing the add. Im really trying to convince myself to get the ROC along with the other PHX.

Even I who often use crap misunderstood mech with crap... crap loadout find it difficult to justify at least make it look nice.

Edited by DAYLEET, 06 September 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#40 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

It'll be the Marauder II

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users