Hot-Fix Scheduled For 07-Sep-2016 3PM PDT

48 replies to this topic

#21 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:55 AM

Please, complain more when the vast majority of you posting haven't a clue what it takes to create a game, period, not to mention coding in of itself.

Sure, they are not perfect but very, very few studios are anymore given the vast amount of PC systems, netcode and more that devs have to deal with nowadays. You are still playing this F2P game which I still very much enjoy playing, in spite of the continual complaining on the forums (le sigh). Which does the devs nor the player base one bit of good, but it's good the vast majority of the player's do not visit the forums. Yet, all these complaints contain no solid ideas and, or constructive criticism... except for the random post in the proper forum thread once in a blue moon, which actually contains new ideas that do not involve dwelling into existing code. I for one could not begin, so I choose not to look the perverbial gift horse in the mouth, besides I could not do any better if I tried, but if I wanted to complain it would be in the proper forum. Along with some shred of constructive criticism without trolling and attacking specific employee's and, or employer's /endramble

#22 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:29 AM

View PostZolaz, on 06 September 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

If it takes a month to patch something ... it isnt a hotfix.

Any unscheduled update can be considered a hotfix.

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 06 September 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

PGI use giiyz thuck, thith patch shud hav bean dun 2 weekz ago!

Better? Posted Image Posted Image

Pug i told you to not type with your mouth full...

View PostPFC Carsten, on 07 September 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

Sensible Game Mechanic for Long Tom:
Have the Commander use mandatory a TAG for controlling Long Tom manually. He must hold TAG for the whole duration between calling of Long Tom and arrival of barrage on the same spot (±20 meters maybe?), else large scattering of charges (1000 m radius?).

Not in the currently format where the "commander" is the guy that clicks the "Take Command" button fastest...

...same guy will target a mist lynx when a lance of kodiaks is standing in front of him.

Edited by MovinTarget, 07 September 2016 - 05:16 AM.

#23 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:47 AM

Day one : a big issue appear in MWO, Long tom in our case.

5 month after : PGI didn't listen communauty since day one, they did wait ( and maybe read ) stats/datas, people are leaving the game mode ( FW in this case ).

4 month after : PGI release a basic feature for this game mode, which should be there since 2 years ( dropdeck in our case ). Whatever this game mode is already a dead town, nobody use it since a month.

1 month after : PGI propose an " HOT " fix Posted Image lol.

9 month + 1 day after : I will maybe try a FW match for see changes

#24 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:06 AM

30 damage/component at the epicenter doesn't sound that bad, it still drops off as you run away from the purple haze.

#25 DivBy0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:20 AM

Good Work!

Long Tom still in place and speed up the game (But only 400 Damage? Only a max from 6000 Damage per player, little max. 72000 Damage per team (maybe a little more when enemy mechs will be speed up to)... is this enough for 15 Atomic Bombs?).
Fire Delay of 8 seconds is more than enough to run 300/200 meter with my Battlemaster.
Still firing every 2 minutes makes then long ways to and through the chookepoints and gates more funny!
Scouting Tonnage still 55 tons give the unskilled IS-Pugs the opportunity to learn to buy, to build, to aim and communicate against all the skillfull Streakcrows.
Drop Deck Tonnage still unchanged and no bonus for the IS. Great! The best way to learn is a never ending fight hill up from a bad position in below average mechs!
KDK3 still not nerfed gives IS the opportunity to learn focus fire, share damage, sacrifice your mechs and to regroup in short time near your own dropzone to kill the last 6 mechs from the enemys first wave! You need a hot fire to forge a sharp sword!
Rescale-Nerfed mechs are still not buffed. I am glad to see this. Most of the annoying IS-Lights are gone or much easier to kill and the enemy can concentrate his gameplay on the real mechs which are much better for him to see now!

And best... one additional Week Warning time for the mercs to switch to Clan in time. The upcomming event will be surley a great success! I am hyped to queue up against the new Long Tom and the tor tier premade Wall of Kodiak! to teach them the real meaning of skill!

Edited by von Haudegen, 07 September 2016 - 06:32 AM.

#26 Myrrinth

Rookie

• Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:23 AM

Thanks for the visibility fix on the minimap! I also think the changes to the Long Tom are an improvement, still makes it worthwhile for scouting work without being overpowered.

Two changes I would like to throw out there:

I like the idea from the person that said 30 seconds cooldown in FW may be too long. A slightly shorter time (25 seconds, maybe 20 seconds) might be worth testing... though the time is still important since respawn cooldown is a good mechanic to incentivize careful play.

Another thought is something lore-based that might be interesting: Clans always used to "bid" for major engagements, with an emphasis on using less resources to engage larger forces. Maybe there could be a reward incentive for taking less group tonnage into a CW match and still winning? It might also help with some of the Clan/IS Balance issues in CW that people are debating. (I'm not sure how this could be implemented, so again - it's just a stray thought.)

Edited by Myrrinth, 07 September 2016 - 06:27 AM.

#27 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:49 AM

View Postvon Haudegen, on 07 September 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

Good Work!

Long Tom still in place and speed up the game (But only 400 Damage? Only a max from 6000 Damage per player, little max. 72000 Damage per team (maybe a little more when enemy mechs will be speed up to)... is this enough for 15 Atomic Bombs?).
Fire Delay of 8 seconds is more than enough to run 300/200 meter with my Battlemaster.
Still firing every 2 minutes makes then long ways to and through the chookepoints and gates more funny!
Scouting Tonnage still 55 tons give the unskilled IS-Pugs the opportunity to learn to buy, to build, to aim and communicate against all the skillfull Streakcrows.
Drop Deck Tonnage still unchanged and no bonus for the IS. Great! The best way to learn is a never ending fight hill up from a bad position in below average mechs!
KDK3 still not nerfed gives IS the opportunity to learn focus fire, share damage, sacrifice your mechs and to regroup in short time near your own dropzone to kill the last 6 mechs from the enemys first wave! You need a hot fire to forge a sharp sword!
Rescale-Nerfed mechs are still not buffed. I am glad to see this. Most of the annoying IS-Lights are gone or much easier to kill and the enemy can concentrate his gameplay on the real mechs which are much better for him to see now!

And best... one additional Week Warning time for the mercs to switch to Clan in time. The upcomming event will be surley a great success! I am hyped to queue up against the new Long Tom and the tor tier premade Wall of Kodiak! to teach them the real meaning of skill!

Sarcasm, salt, troll or serious? Kinda hard to pick out the finer points :P.

Atlest they cut the balls off of dong tom. might have to start playing cw/fp whatever the hell it's supposed to be called again and see if the changes have made much of a difference.

#28 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:46 AM

View PostAethermech, on 07 September 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

Sarcasm, salt, troll or serious? Kinda hard to pick out the finer points Posted Image.

Atlest they cut the balls off of dong tom. might have to start playing cw/fp whatever the hell it's supposed to be called again and see if the changes have made much of a difference.

Seriously... a free arti strike every 2 minutes ain't shabby...

#29 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:06 AM

Yeah, a little bit late...this isn't a hot-fix....maybe a late-fix...

#30 Cox Devalis

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationTryhard dimension

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:44 AM

We need some new decals.

#31 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 September 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Faction Play (Drop Decks): Restoring the ability to edit your Drop Deck inside a Faction Play lobby once your Team has been formed. This includes the ability to select which Drop Deck you would like to use or edit.

To prevent potential issues with Invalid Drop Decks and Faction Play connection errors, editing of Drop Decks will still not be available during the initial Team Formation phase. Once your Team has been formed Drop Deck editing and selection will become available.
Note: The original ability to edit Drop Decks during the Team Formation phase, prior to the release of the Multiple Drop Deck system in the August 23rd patch, was prone to error.
With the introduction of Multiple Drop Decks in the August 23rd patch the decision was made to address that error-prone system by locking out Drop Deck editing during the period of highest risk. The decision to additionally lock-out Drop Deck editing once your Team had been formed however was a mistake, and should not have rolled out with the August 23rd patch. We apologize for the understandable frustrations that change caused.

I just have a hard time believing this. If it was true you would have posted it 2 weeks ago. The perception makes it appear that it is just more PGI spin when your playerbase got mad.

#32 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

View PostZolaz, on 07 September 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

[/i][/i][/i][/i]

I just have a hard time believing this. If it was true you would have posted it 2 weeks ago. The perception makes it appear that it is just more PGI spin when your playerbase got mad.

My thoughts exactly.

#33 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:55 AM

There is another bug with the Supply Caches.

I've opened 33, all of them with 3 very good items, 24 of them had a good Mech in it.

The most I've won is 250,000 C-Bills.

#34 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

PGI : We broke the dropdecks
US : Booo
PGI : We'll fix it in a month
Us : Booo

2 Weeks Later...

PGI : We're fixing the dropdecks in a hotfix
Us : YAY

Good thing PGI lowered our expectations so fixing something THEY SCREWED UP 2 weeks "early" makes us happy

#35 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:32 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 07 September 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

Day one : a big issue appear in MWO, Long tom in our case.

5 month after : PGI didn't listen communauty since day one, they did wait ( and maybe read ) stats/datas, people are leaving the game mode ( FW in this case ).

4 month after : PGI release a basic feature for this game mode, which should be there since 2 years ( dropdeck in our case ). Whatever this game mode is already a dead town, nobody use it since a month.

1 month after : PGI propose an " HOT " fix Posted Image lol.

9 month + 1 day after : I will maybe try a FW match for see changes

hahahaha oh PGI, your ability to mend bleeding is just abysmal.

Edited by jaxjace, 07 September 2016 - 10:33 AM.

#36 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostSTR8-Eight, on 07 September 2016 - 02:55 AM, said:

Please, complain more when the vast majority of you posting haven't a clue what it takes to create a game, period, not to mention coding in of itself.

Sure, they are not perfect but very, very few studios are anymore given the vast amount of PC systems, netcode and more that devs have to deal with nowadays. You are still playing this F2P game which I still very much enjoy playing, in spite of the continual complaining on the forums (le sigh). Which does the devs nor the player base one bit of good, but it's good the vast majority of the player's do not visit the forums. Yet, all these complaints contain no solid ideas[...]

That's were I stopped reading that White Knighting post of yours since you clearly did not read even the few postings on the first page of the thread. If this had been a 20+ page monster already... but it isn't.

#37 IM Bullwinkle

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for the patch but the map needs to scale with resolution. On 1920x1080, the new map looks like garbage. The previous version was perfect.

#38 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

Whats with the geriatric numbering on the mini map? Its draws the focal point to the vector instead of the mechs. I keep reading F4 H6 etc etc instead of focusing on the mechs positioning.

#39 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,595 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

View PostZolaz, on 07 September 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

Really? Really?

Let's see... Literally the first response to this:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 September 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Wednesday, September 7th at 3:00 PM PDT (10 PM UTC), with the following changes:

Supply Caches: Fixing an issue where items received from Supply Caches weren't being injected immediately.

Faction Play (Drop Decks): Restoring the ability to edit your Drop Deck inside a Faction Play lobby once your Team has been formed. This includes the ability to select which Drop Deck you would like to use or edit.

To prevent potential issues with Invalid Drop Decks and Faction Play connection errors, editing of Drop Decks will still not be available during the initial Team Formation phase. Once your Team has been formed Drop Deck editing and selection will become available.
Note: The original ability to edit Drop Decks during the Team Formation phase, prior to the release of the Multiple Drop Deck system in the August 23rd patch, was prone to error.
With the introduction of Multiple Drop Decks in the August 23rd patch the decision was made to address that error-prone system by locking out Drop Deck editing during the period of highest risk. The decision to additionally lock-out Drop Deck editing once your Team had been formed however was a mistake, and should not have rolled out with the August 23rd patch. We apologize for the understandable frustrations that change caused.

Faction Play: Fixing an issue where matches could contain mixed tech (Clan and IS 'Mechs on the same Team).

Faction Play: Fixing an issue where the Faction Play Lobby could display the incorrect Game Type (Invasion or Scouting).

Faction Play (Drop Decks): Fixing an issue where the Drop Deck Slot used in a match would sometimes not reflect the Drop Deck Slot you had selected.
Faction Play (Drop Decks): Fixing an issue where a Group drop could report a 'Failed to find a match error' due to a Drop Deck conflict.
Faction Play (Drop Decks): Fixing an issue where Drop Decks could be edited during the Team Formation phase while in a Faction Play Group.

Favorites: Fixing an issue where Favorites weren't being saved correctly.

Long Tom Artillery: Maximum Amount of Damage per Component exposed to the blast has been reduced to 30 (from 120). Firing delay has been increased to 8 seconds (from 7 seconds). It is important to note that the changes to damage falloff from the May 17th patch are still in place.

Mini-Map/BattleGrid: Further increasing the visibility of sector designations. Text size has been increased and overall contrast of map elements has been improved.

• Fixing an issue where injections of Steam Performance Packs could fail due to an Inventory conflict. Any players affected by this whose issue has not yet been resolved manually by Support will have their content successfully redeemed upon their first login following this hot-fix.

We will update this post as necessary if any further changes to the content or its tentatively scheduled time arise.

The maximum estimated downtime required for this hot-fix will be approximately 30 minutes.

When services are restored you will be required to apply a small patch.

Was you saying this:

View PostZolaz, on 06 September 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

If it takes a month to patch something ... it isnt a hotfix.

And now the fact that they took too long to carefully consider what, if anything, to say about it... makes them dishonest? You're blaming PGI for treading carefully around a forum minefield of unreasonably, perpetually angry people of which you are an exemplar.

The path of reason is over there ------>

#40 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,595 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:43 PM

They gave us exactly what we wanted - actually multiple things we wanted - and even apologized and said they made a mistake. And the response of the perpetually angry (who have often promoted the idea that PGI will not admit mistakes) is, "they're liars because they didn't apologize sooner."

It's like.. when you... it's...

It's getting pretty bad when I have trouble thinking of an analogy that doesn't involve domestic violence.

Edited by Void Angel, 07 September 2016 - 06:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users