• 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:47 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 07 September 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Really? Really?

Let's see... Literally the first response to this:
[/i][/i][/i][/i]

Was you saying this:

And now the fact that they took too long to carefully consider what, if anything, to say about it... makes them dishonest? You're blaming PGI for treading carefully around a forum minefield of unreasonably, perpetually angry people of which you are an exemplar.

The path of reason is over there ------>

And while they are on that path, lets hope they take a reading comprehension class.

#42 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:49 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 07 September 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

It's getting pretty bad when I have trouble thinking of an analogy that doesn't involve domestic violence.

Use a famous entertainer/sports star in your analogy, then it apparently no longer qualifies as domestic violence...

#43 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:45 PM

Yeah, more eligible map coordinates!

Haven't cared about FW since 2 wks into phase 1 and still wouldn't. Choke point maps, gates, space cannon batteries, LTs - what on earth are we suppose to do with that mess?

#44 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:30 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 07 September 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

That's were I stopped reading that White Knighting post of yours since you clearly did not read even the few postings on the first page of the thread. If this had been a 20+ page monster already... but it isn't.

I did in fact read the first page and knew exactly where this thread, like so many others was going to be untoward, as per the norm around here. Thank you for the informative reply nonetheless Posted Image

#45 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:24 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 07 September 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Really? Really?

Let's see... Literally the first response to this:

@VoidAngel: Their first response was this: http://mwomercs.com/...aug2016-5pm-pdt

no explanation, no appologies. Only we will fix it in one month.

And it all comes down to this point: Is there any testing in PGI. You work on dropdecks, after you finished your programming of dropdecks, you test if all is working correct. How is it possible that such a big mistake, can go onto live servers.

Yeah I know other companies make misstakes to, and have hotfixes too. But it would be cool, if I would see one patch without a hotfix only one.

And 50% of me think it was an error, and the other 50% think, they wanted it this way(selling more dropdecks), and if the outcry is not loud enough, they would keep it this way.

By the way since two months Steiner can not vote which faction to attack. It's allways 100% Jade Falcon right from the beginning. When will they fix this?

Edited by tee5, 08 September 2016 - 12:24 AM.

#46 Paperdog

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

AC 10, 20 and PPC gave me more and more 0 damage and/or clipping through shots in the last event. Did something happen to the netcode?

#47 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

View Posttee5, on 08 September 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

@VoidAngel: Their first response was this: http://mwomercs.com/...aug2016-5pm-pdt

no explanation, no appologies. Only we will fix it in one month.

And it all comes down to this point: Is there any testing in PGI. You work on dropdecks, after you finished your programming of dropdecks, you test if all is working correct. How is it possible that such a big mistake, can go onto live servers.

Yeah I know other companies make misstakes to, and have hotfixes too. But it would be cool, if I would see one patch without a hotfix only one.

And 50% of me think it was an error, and the other 50% think, they wanted it this way(selling more dropdecks), and if the outcry is not loud enough, they would keep it this way.

I'm well aware of their first post - and the deluge of incoherent rage that was generated by a rather innocuous response. Oh, The Anger, and The Hurtfulness! And now more of the same - with literally any excuse to just keep being angry.

Listen to yourself! First, you complain that they haven't given you an explanation, or apologized (for making a change we disliked.) Now, you complain about the apology and explanation you asked for - without seeming to have really read the thing:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 September 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Note: The original ability to edit Drop Decks during the Team Formation phase, prior to the release of the Multiple Drop Deck system in the August 23rd patch, was prone to error.
With the introduction of Multiple Drop Decks in the August 23rd patch the decision was made to address that error-prone system by locking out Drop Deck editing during the period of highest risk. The decision to additionally lock-out Drop Deck editing once your Team had been formed however was a mistake, and should not have rolled out with the August 23rd patch. We apologize for the understandable frustrations that change caused. [emphasis added]

They locked out Team Formation to prevent errors, and just left the lockout in place for the whole system. It was a mistake to do that, and they're sorry.

Yet having been given this statement, you are still half thinking it was an error, and half thinking it was a conspiracy to sell more drop decks (despite already having a drop deck market because we keep asking for drop decks.) You don't need to wonder or make up stories - they told you in plain language what happened. The only bug was the work-around we discovered; the decision to lock it out was deliberate - probably they didn't realize how much some of us were using the removed functionality to adjust builds for map heat.

Look at what's happened here, just with you. PGI told you exactly what happened, and you still projected your dissatisfaction onto that statement and spun a pair of purely fictional scenarios to explain the situation - neither of which was true. And you're one of the more reasonable! Might this be why PGI is so reticent to talk to us? Might not the paucity of communication - of explanations and apologies - be related to the insane responses they receive to literally every. single. communication?

When one party in a relationship heaps blame and abuse on the other for a situation they themselves create, we know who the victim actually is.

Edited by Void Angel, 08 September 2016 - 11:01 AM.

#48 JohnnyisHere

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:15 AM

I've been getting extremely bad "Unknown Failure" during login after the September hotfix.

I'm talking about 5-7 login attempts before successfully logging in once, getting kicked back to login screen after each Quickplay match, getting kicked back to login screen after Mechwarrior Academy.

5-7 login failures plus disconnection after each match is making it painful to play. This started happening right after the hotfix.

Update 11/9/2016 :

The connection issues have suddenly disappeared. If someone read this and fixed the problem, THANKS! Thank you for listening.

Edited by JohnnyisHere, 10 September 2016 - 08:12 AM.

#49 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:16 AM

Favorites still don't save...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users