Anyone Sick Of The Lurmageddon Yet?

165 replies to this topic

#21 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:22 AM

View PostKBurn85, on 07 September 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

really sick to the stomach. Not only do they boat noob tubes, plus many narcs. I don't mind getting banged up a bit, but its getting a bit tiring of having to constantly duck lurms

The main issue is that these nubs keep voting in alpine and polar, the 2 most boring walkfests, in hopes that their noob tubes will kill something (ha!)

I'm trying to level up my brawling atlas, but will never touch a noob tube on principle.

really sucks, and I hate it.

This made me laugh....

I NEVER had an issue with LRMs -- even using an assault without ECM or AMS. The issue is not with the LRM but people playing against them. LRMs are a scrub weapon that only work against scrubs. If you have a lot of scrubs on your team and you are fighting a bunch of scrub LRMers then expect to lose, otherwise expect a 12-0 win.

#22 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:31 AM

As negative opinion as I have on LRM's and especially those that use them I've actually not had much of a problem with them. Not saying I don't notice that massive increase of LRM's just that they don't seem to be hitting me any more than normal. ECM plus Radar Dep does help, a lot. Of course I also try to stay in cover as much as possible.

#23 BaconTWOfourACTUAL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:52 AM

Eh, hard to notice when my GHP-5J runs dual AMS.

#24 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:59 AM

really sick to the stomach. Not only do they boat noob tubes, plus many narcs. I don't mind getting banged up a bit, but its getting a bit tiring of having to constantly duck lurms

The main issue is that these nubs keep voting in alpine and polar, the 2 most boring walkfests, in hopes that their noob tubes will kill something (ha!)

I'm trying to level up my brawling atlas, but will never touch a noob tube on principle.

Just some questions:
Do you have radarderp?
Do you mount AMS?

Should i say, that there are more valuable modules that can do things you cant compensate with skill, thats why i still dont have unlocked the crutch.
(I have the module, maybe i got it from an event?)

Edited by Kroete, 07 September 2016 - 07:05 AM.

#25 Kyp Durron

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:08 AM

View PostKBurn85, on 07 September 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

its a walkfest. 5 minutes before first engagement, then people either lurm each other or poke with lasers for another 5, before one side pokes harder, get a few kills, then the winning side pours in and slaughters everyone. Pretty much the most boring and annoying style of play. None of the 50 or so polar/alpine games i've been in since the event has ended in less than 10 minutes.

Its very boring, and very hard to play brawlers in such and environment. possible, but very boring and very annoying. Almost a 10 minute wait till I fire my first shot.

With the lurmageddon event, these 2 maps has come out more often than any others.

plus, I have a feeling the noob tubers are voting in assault or skirmish, because my votes on conquest or domination has rarely won, and even those modes are marginally better.

The problem isn't with weapons, the problem is that we have relatively unimaginative maps and PGI spends their time pushing out new mech packages instead of giving us new maps.

LRMs are in Battletech. LRMs are in MWO. If they were as unbelievably disruptive as being indicated here by some, the game would almost certainly be broken by them.

This Battletech universe is supposed to support a multitude of combat options. LRMs complement a well played group. If you have front line mechs adequately locking up, deploying UAVs, and tagging or NARCing targets, then the LRM pilots can assist their team.

It sounds to me as if the people here who are raging against the LRMs want the game to be essentially a classic shooter where every point of damage that gets placed on you is by someone in your face. That isn't what this game is about.

Yes, I use LRMs. I usually have one LRM heavy mech in my drop deck for faction as well, because there are certain maps where it can be very good if the team works right, like Boreal. I don't believe it's overpowering, just good gameplay.

#26 Sethliopod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 217 posts
  • LocationInside the smoking wreck.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:37 AM

Lurmageddon? Noobs?
I don't recall ever being insta-killed by an LRM salvo. On the other hand, pinpoint-grouping lasers, huge salvos of ACs and streak boats have removed my limbs and even outright one-shotted me in seconds or less, countless times. Heck, laser-boats are so easy to use, my allies sometimes even accidentally one-shot me in the back.
It does not take a boatload of skill to mouse over a sometimes moving target and left click.

But I get it. It's annoying.
Someone's raining on your picnic, and you left your umbrella at home so you could fit a couple more sandwiches in your basket.
The verbal reminder is annoying. The rocking and explosions--reduced as they are--are annoying. Seeing them fly over and chase you down; the slower time to kill; knowing you could have brought countermeasures or stayed with someone who did, but you chose not to...is all annoying.
But if any weapon was at "-ageddon" levels it would be lasers. Seems like every Tom, ****, & Harry is fielding a laser. Posted Image

Where's my reflective armor!!?!?1!!1

Edited by Sethliopod, 07 September 2016 - 07:42 AM.

#27 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:03 AM

First of all. Learn how to spell. It's LRM's. Which stands for Long Range Missile, or what I refer to as Coffin Nails for the Dude who stands out in the Open begging to get creamed. Try this. Equip your Mechs with AMS, or Radar Dep, ECM works also. Use cover. Now since you like an atlas, I will tell you this. I love hunting big slow Mechs such as yours. My Locust and Raven Mechs enjoy them, also I have a Jagermech that eats Atlas for lunch. None of these use LRM's. Also note that the Atlas can use LRM's also. Pop on an LRM 10 with about a ton of ammo and fire back at LRM boats. They back off quick. I've seen King Crabs which are assult Mechs turned into boats, as well as other Atlas Mechs. You are tired of people who use LRM's. I'm tired of people who complain about LRM's. Most of the people who vote for Alpine and Polar don't have LRM's on their Mechs. They like the maps because they are laser intensive and these are cold maps so they don't have to worry about Heat as much. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LRMS on how people vote. Lasers yes, long range weapons not so much. I'd rather be on a cold map with my pulse lasers than a hot one where I can only fire a couple of times before I have to wait before going at you again. LRM's cause people to make mistakes. Stand out in the open and you are asking for a game of Catch LRMs, and anything else someone wants to toss at you. I have extended range module on my two pulse lasers, and Zoom so I can head shot your Atlas. One or two hits is all I need. LRM's are just fun. Because they make people like you worry about them. If you don't believe me, then why did you post this to the forums.

P.S. Check out my motto on my I.D. bracket. "Inside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you. Enjoy.

#28 Tyler Durden

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 99 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:05 AM

*hands KBurn85 a bottle of Pepto Bismol and continues to missile rain on his parade.*

#29 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:25 AM

It simply amazes me every time I see a thread like this.
If you're getting rekt'd by lurmz then it is simply you own fault.
Of course if it's myself and a few others then it a foregone conclusion.
Prime example a few days ago HPG map.
Took my Stalker up on the wall popped uav and dropped it like its hot.
Yes it is possible, but I'm not telling how.
Did even one person shoot at my uav - nope.
Did even one person shoot at me - nope not a single round came my way.
Did anyone bother come up to tell me hello - nope.
What the hell?
But yet in still people complain about the worst weapon in the game.
C'mon man just stop.

#30 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:36 PM

This, very much this....

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 September 2016 - 02:49 AM, said:

Stop using the word "Lurmageddon". While this event did feature more than the usual number of LRM boats, you haven't been in the real Lurmageddon, back when a single LRM had the potential to do 9 damage spread over 5 sections, and the missiles had descending angle of almost 90 degrees. Saying this event is Lurmageddon is like comparing a removal of a small splinter from your finger to open heart surgery.

Imagine the whining if LRMs were a decent weapons.

#31 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

A good lrm boat player just knows how to catch you ******* up....

#32 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

I don't care about LRMs. It's poor team mates I'm sick of.

#33 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:53 PM

People complained about high pinpoint damage, so they nerfed the crap out of gauss and PPCs.

Then they complained about lurms, so they reduced their reload time and increased spread.

Then it was high laser alphas, so now we have all this power draw BS.

What is next? Autocannons that actually heal your enemies?

#34 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:01 PM

You know what I love about these events? You can really tell who the scrubs are when they start making threads about how OP LRMs are and you know the only way this could be happening to them is if they are standing in the open like a 'tard thinking they're Rambo and indestructible.

#35 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:02 PM

what lurmageddon? Im guessing ytoure tier 5 or 4... not a shot at you but the higher tiers never see lrms (and im only tier 3)

#36 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

You know what's even more noob than LRM boats? Getting killed by LRM boats and complain about it on forum. The only way your Atlas will get legit owned by LRMs is on Polar. Why should others get within brawling range of an enemy designed for brawling? Why should the other team exploit the weakness of your build? Why can't Atlas run like lights so you can brawl with 17t of armor AND close in fast?!

The mysteries of the universe.

#37 Vincent Quatermain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

View PostN0ni, on 07 September 2016 - 03:39 AM, said:

Not to come off as rude,

Coming off as rude is the meta in Forum Play matches. If you don't sound like you're barely holding back from a post filled with asterisks, you're doing it wrong. :P

#38 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:18 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...geddon-is-over/

hey look, youre fine. its over!

#39 Spam Lanwalker

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • Locationin a kitchen, always :(

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

i dont post often but jesus people all i ever see in these forums is hate and childish namecalling being thrown about . most of you throw scorn upon new players. like it or not this game need new blood to survive and right now with all the derp and rage being thrown about i cant see new blood staying at all after perusing these forums. in my line of work if someone dont know the job WE TEACH THEM :) not call them bads / noobs ect... try and remember that you were all newbs once.

#40 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

View PostVincent Quatermain, on 07 September 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

Coming off as rude is the meta in Forum Play matches. If you don't sound like you're barely holding back from a post filled with asterisks, you're doing it wrong. Posted Image

Well i try to be as helpful as i can.

Other times i like to be part of the problem and not the solution. That way it keeps everyone guessing how i might react. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users