#41 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostPhantom360, on 07 September 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

Also just a quick question, didn't the Battletech people basically say that the Battletech cartoon was something along the lines of a fictional story within a fictional story? Basically making the events of the cartoon lore.... But not official lore XD if I got this wrong can someone who has more knowlage on this please educate me, thank you! ^^

Kind of how I feel about MWO having anything to do with Battletech cannon and Lore.

#42 Robert Walsh

Rookie

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:37 AM

The funny thing is that I fell in love with 'Wacker through the TRO she was introduced on with a splash cover. I certainly don't remember all of the cartoon so I never remembered her that way.

#43 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostDomoneky, on 07 September 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

Another Cash Grab. These Devs must be desperate...

Looks like it, i'm waiting for CW to be fixed before i buy anything.

#44 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

A truly ugly mech, however, it's nice to see another hard-hitting medium mech for the inner sphere hit the battlefield! I will definitely give this one a try, as I have not had a chance to pilot one sine they came out all those years ago...

#45 Perfecto Oviedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

Don't know if I will buy, game still isn't where I want it to be to spend any more money on it (last thing I bought was Clan Wave 1 a la carte for the Summoner and Timberwolf), but I guess it's time I do what I did with the Shadow Cats, and start saving up so I can buy and kit out when it comes for C-bills.

Still might buy, though, because I love this 'mech...

Though I don't really like the blueprint here...It looks a bit too tall and narrow than my recollection. I guess the slimmer profile is better for this game...but still.

#46 Sazabi Steppenwulfe

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOrestes Principal

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:56 AM

this doesn't look like PvE content to me. back to work and call me when you're serious.

#47 RelaySeven

Rookie

• The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

This was one of my favorite mechs from mw4, so cool to see it announced on my birthday!

#48 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

Wasn't a fan of the mech back then and still not a fan. I guess the engines were low on whale milk again. Fix CW and quit throwing darts at a balance board blindfolded and we will talk money again.

#49 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:04 AM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 07 September 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

Wasn't a fan of the mech back then and still not a fan. I guess the engines were low on whale milk again. Fix CW and quit throwing darts at a balance board blindfolded and we will talk money again.

Yeah, I'm not interested in mech packs myself, i hope PGI listens, i've spent more money on this game than a AAA Title is worth, and i've gotten nothing but a COD arena shooter, and mind you a bad one at that.

Edited by Wecx, 07 September 2016 - 11:04 AM.

#50 Rather Dashing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 114 posts
  • LocationLand of the Purple Freedom Bird

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:04 AM

ALAS, THE SHRUB-BEATER IS TOO TALL. THE DIMENSIONS ARE DISPROPORTIONATE IN WAYS MOST FOUL. SHORT AND SQUAT, NOT TALL AND LANKY. MINE OWN EXPECTATIONS ARE DASHED UPON THE ROCKS LIKE BABES OF YORE.

EHEU!

#51 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:07 AM

I hope they bend those long legs and make it squat a little more. Some other artwork that I have seen of the Bushwacker have the upper part of the legs almost parallel to the ground. Also, the side profile looks a little too long behind the shoulders. Hopefully that can be addressed and shortened a bit.

I loved the lore piece. The game needs more of that kind of tie in with BattleTech to get us interested and excited about playing the Mechs. I really think putting Randall Bills or a few other BT writers on the payroll producing stories and scenarios for Campaign Events to replace some of the (silly) Events that we currently have would go a long way to making a happier and more involved player base.

#52 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

View PostRampage, on 07 September 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

I hope they bend those long legs and make it squat a little more. Some other artwork that I have seen of the Bushwacker have the upper part of the legs almost parallel to the ground. Also, the side profile looks a little too long behind the shoulders. Hopefully that can be addressed and shortened a bit.

I loved the lore piece. The game needs more of that kind of tie in with BattleTech to get us interested and excited about playing the Mechs. I really think putting Randall Bills or a few other BT writers on the payroll producing stories and scenarios for Campaign Events to replace some of the (silly) Events that we currently have would go a long way to making a happier and more involved player base.

Campaign Events would be awesome!! PGI should hire you.

#53 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

Nice piece of backstory. Compliments to the author.

#54 Kaldrenborn

• PipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostDomoneky, on 07 September 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

Another Cash Grab. These Devs must be desperate...

They stated there would be new mechs released every month. Dur dur dur...

#55 Phantom360

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOver where the grass is greener.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 07 September 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

They did sourcebooks to confirm the canonical version of events. The books suggest it was a "low quality holovid for propaganda purposes" or something like that... blah blah blah, retcon retcon retcon Posted Image Some of the events happened, and some of the people in the cartoons were there taking part in them at least some of the time Posted Image

thx for clearing that up for me xD super excited for this mech to finally reach release, though I am wondering. how many of you oldies and yougies here will be installing Shivaxi's MW3 sound mod just for the nostalgia kicks?
I know i will!!! Posted Image

#56 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:54 AM

View PostDustyHardtail, on 07 September 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

They stated there would be new mechs released every month. Dur dur dur...

A cash grab is still a cash grab. Don't forget what happened in 2013. Never Forget 2013

#57 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:58 AM

Bushwacker? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

#58 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:00 PM

I can confirm that summoners can tank that much damage

#59 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

View Postshameless, on 07 September 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

just looking at it to start, god this thing will be interesting gonna be easy to hit ct from all size. those arms are huge, and if not, this thing will be an XL deathtrap...

that said, probably gonna get it if the bundle's nice enough. Should have at least 1 ecm variant...

If the track record of oblong chicken walkers isn't enough...
The CT will be about impossible to hit -- except around the nose from either side. However it will be very easy to hit from the top (LRM coffin). The side torsos however tend to be fairly easy to hit.

Now, as typical, I suspect the rear torsos will be tiny and nearly impossible to hit from the sides, meaning channel all but 2 armor forward and you have a Timber Wolf / Ebon Jaguar / Marauder / Stalker / Catapult, etc.

#60 TANK_

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

This ******* fecal garbage design. It's like spitting in our faces!

Posted Image

The correct Bushwacker!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users