Anyone Out There?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Kyatto

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:00 AM

Is anyone still playing? I joined up pretty recently and have been working on getting some better mechs and being less sucky at the game in general but.. CW seems like a waste of time being the only Steiner on the team vs a full assault of Jade Falcons.

So is anyone actually still out there to play with? Or did everyone join the birds since there's no hope opposing them?

#2 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:22 AM

Sure, oh. guess we changed sides again

There is always going Davion to beat on Laio

Edited by Barkem Squirrel, 08 September 2016 - 09:22 AM.

#3 ak86

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:23 AM

CW is a waste of time, you need a unit or you will loose
if CW were pugs vs pugs, it could be interesting like quick play, but usually its pugs vs unit, where pugs obviously get *****

#4 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:27 AM

Well, it's been pretty thin on the ground lately, at least when I play. Which is late evenings, Eastern U.S. time. There just aren't a lot of Steiner players playing anymore.

A number of people who used to group up on the Steiner Teamspeak (ts1.housesteiner.com) got heavily involved in the tournament. They are online most nights, but it's been 4 or 5 months since I've seen any of them play Faction Warfare. I'm told some of them plan to get back into it in a month or so when the tournament is done. I'm skeptical, but we'll see.

The last group that regularly played for Steiner was D'C. Unfortunately, they went mercenary a month ago, and have been playing for Ghost Bear (and now as of 12 hours ago, Wolf). My understanding is that they feel they will be able to get a more balanced gameplay against the Jade Falcons if they can do it as clan vs. clan fights. I do not know if or when they ever plan to be back in Steiner. We'll see. Again, I'm skeptical.

In any case, six months ago I started playing a lot more Faction Warfare by getting on the Steiner Teamspeak, jumping into the "Looking for CW" channel, and grouping up with whoever was there. So that's where you can find me most times I am online. Feel free to stop by. If more people hang out there, maybe we can start getting larger groups together.

#5 Cubiccube

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:13 PM

My unit has started dropping in scout missions, after Mechtoberfest event stuffs are done. Been talking about full invasion, but sounds like it is dead atm? Anyone see any CW 12 mans dropping recently? Is Steiner TS the best place to look, or any other units like Skye still dropping?

#6 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:18 AM

YEs look for TS team speak. SRoT is dropping in NA time zones.

#7 vantage255

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

Kyatto,

You are more than welcome on the House Steiner teamspeak server (ts1.housesteiner.com). If you show up and want to play some CW, many of us are up for it!

#8 Timber Ghost

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:43 AM

View Postak86, on 08 September 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

CW is a waste of time, you need a unit or you will loose
if CW were pugs vs pugs, it could be interesting like quick play, but usually its pugs vs unit, where pugs obviously get *****

This was tried, and it did not work.

#9 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:11 PM

The queue times are too long, and it generally ends up being maybe a lance of SRoT or something with a bunch of pugs against a full company from some Jade Falcon unit.

The main issue with the way CW was designed is there was no real limit imposed early on, on how many units a faction was permitted to have.

So ******* everyone and their mom joined Jade Falcon and promptly cut through what Steiner units we had, and now no one wants to play CW anymore for obvious reasons.

If they had made it so that people were given more incentive to join other clans, and fight against other clans, then the war wouldn't be so lopsided. But as it stands that's not the case, and so House Steiner has simply been completely and totally decimated.

Edited by Gattling Fenn, 21 October 2016 - 09:12 PM.

#10 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:46 PM

After quite some time, I have returned to serve as a regular in the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces.

#11 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:05 PM

FYI,

http://mwomercs.com/...-warfare-night/

I know it is an FRR effort, but I gotta think that the more folks from other factions and merc groups who participate the better fro everyone. CW may suck as end game content, but we can overcome that and get some good matches in if we try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users