149 replies to this topic

#141 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:42 AM

View PostJavin, on 26 September 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

Until new content is released that is not a mech, I will not buy another mech.

Give me a new map, a new weapon, a new mech skill. Then I will start paying again.

New mechs are not new content. They are same content rehashed.

New content...laser heat sinks on night gyrs and Tacticon B-2000 battle computers on the cyclops last month.

#142 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:01 PM

That is not new content, that is merely ways to sell the mech pack. No one else can use those items.

The heat reduction was old, used in the hero battlemaster.

Edited by Javin, 27 September 2016 - 12:19 PM.

#143 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:04 PM

View PostJavin, on 27 September 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

That is not new content, that is merely ways to sell the mech pack. No one else can use those items.

Play near a friendly cyclops and you pickup a radar sensor range boost to your own mech.

#144 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:35 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 September 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Play near a friendly cyclops and you pickup a radar sensor range boost to your own mech.

yeah, fact is, new mechs ARE new content. they're just not the new content some people want to see, which i can agree with.

fact is though, with every new mech, there's differing capabilities, hardpoint layouts, etc. and.... honestly, this is the Bushwacker's forum we're talking on. The thing is one of the most iconic IS mechs to ever kick Clanner ***, not to mention it's our beloved PGI Concept Artist's favorite mech, like.. ever.

also, bear in mind, due to the art sharing agreement they have with Harebrained, every mech they put out for MWO is pretty likely to show up in the forthcoming BattleTech game as well.

I guess really the point is.... Don't bash the mech because you don't like how PGI's been doing. No one particularly cares if you don't pre-order a mech. And the announcement of a new mech is not your place to ***** and whine that "new content" isn't be added.

You want to do that, start your own forum topic.

Edited by Arkhangel, 27 September 2016 - 08:36 PM.

#145 Flu-Epidemic

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:08 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 27 September 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

yeah, fact is, new mechs ARE new content. they're just not the new content some people want to see, which i can agree with.

fact is though, with every new mech, there's differing capabilities, hardpoint layouts, etc. and.... honestly, this is the Bushwacker's forum we're talking on. The thing is one of the most iconic IS mechs to ever kick Clanner ***, not to mention it's our beloved PGI Concept Artist's favorite mech, like.. ever.

also, bear in mind, due to the art sharing agreement they have with Harebrained, every mech they put out for MWO is pretty likely to show up in the forthcoming BattleTech game as well.

I guess really the point is.... Don't bash the mech because you don't like how PGI's been doing. No one particularly cares if you don't pre-order a mech. And the announcement of a new mech is not your place to ***** and whine that "new content" isn't be added.

Agreed with this buddy! New announcement for new mechs are just that: an announcement. Been playing this since closed beta, and i will have to say, PGI's direction is more focused and there has been improvements (albeit some annoying changes that i personally dont like), and the only thing that's constant is change, Evolve or suffer. Resetting some things to me makes the game feel different, and i do read some posts from the Vanguards giving valid points in a constructive manner.

So everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just don't go bashing thinking that everyone is on the same page as you are (not referring to the buddy above this post).

Now, just give me my damn Cougars and Novacats!!

#146 Creepus

• Pip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:29 AM

Pls PGI !!!
Can you redesign Bushwacker spcial camouflage? The current one sucks.
I wont complain about other stuff, but look at all previous camo designs you did, this special variat is garbadge.

P.S.
I do respect your work but seriosly for me it looks like a huge stap back.
Thx for understanding.

Edited by Creepus, 28 September 2016 - 12:37 AM.

#147 SiZiGee

• Pip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:39 AM

A lot of people complaining and saying that they won't buy anything... My question to the people complaining... Why are you playing this game then? Be thankful they are making it. Buy some stuff to support them. Is $20 too much for you? Jesus, people get a grip. If you don't have money and cannot afford it, then don't complain. You people sound like a bunch of hobos complaining about how **** the world is, but when asked if they would look for a job to change their outlook of the world, then there are just excuses to not look for any (had a few conversations like this, its annoying).

PGI... here's something you can do. Create a mech that does what everyone wants... make it $300 and give it no quirks. Hell, even nerf it a bit. Maybe people will start buying it and still suck.

*Edit: I bought my standard pack... It looks like I will be eating breadcrumbs and drinking out of the toilet now, because I am $20 short now. Oh PGI shame on you!!! [/sarcasm]

Edited by SiZiGee, 30 September 2016 - 06:41 AM.

#148 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:55 PM

Well, I have to say, I am going to buy this, but the early adopter is not really making me want to do it in the last few hours. I will probably buy it a few days ahead of its launch though. I was hoping the Maurader IIC was starting a new trend with chassis being in the early adopters, but instead it appears they went backwards with this one. I am not one for the decals, and the c-bills just aren't enough to get me to really want to hit that buy early button.

The mech looks great PGI, but the early adopter rewards are a bit meh. I do hope your early adopter sales are good, but if not, you may want to rethink the options again to ensure the next mech is worth the purchase in the consumers eyes. Like I said, I am a whale, and I will buy, just not fast enough for the rewards.

#149 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:36 AM

Just something to settle here about Arkhangel's words... although I'm gonna get a tad bit long... dangit...

View PostArkhangel, on 21 September 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

Also, I have to ask why you even care, given you're a Smoke Jaguar. Which kinda hit me that you just follow the Meta, rather than out of any actual love of a faction.

First off, that Smoke Jaguar indicator? That was just a measly Contract, and only because I thought I could get some good matches out of running with them. Unfortunately, I've learned a few things, and likely won't be selecting their Faction for Contracts for some time to come. (The same can be said of House Marik and House Steiner on the 'other side of the fence'. I won't go into details about that here, because that's beside the point.) -_-

Second off, don't reference the Meta around me. I am very literally a "#ScrewTheMeta" kind of person, or all my Mechs would be design duplications from the MetaMechs.com website. The same can be said about Faction choices, as the only thing I usually won't do is pick a negative Contract Bonus, but I am willing to pick a Contract without the best bonuses. :angry:

Third and final, there are some Factions that I happen to like, and might eventually settle down with. Unfortunately, I'm not of a mind at this time to lock in as a Loyalist for 3.4 years, only to grind to achieve 'Rank 20' without losing too many LP when I have to leave for the next major tour. I only started MWO in the last year, and my original plan had been to pick up all the Achievements and then settle down with one Faction after I happened to get my fill of playing with all the I.S. and Clan 'Mechs that I wanted to enjoy. Ultimately, my intent was to be willing (after all that) in Faction Warfare to limit myself to one division of 'Mechs, possibly even joining a Unit in the process. Then PGI released the damage known as "Faction Warfare, Phase 3" upon the Contract system, and totally made me completely hesitant to ever settle down as a Loyalist. It shouldn't take upwards of 37 years total to collect all the Achievements that give a 'Mech Bay' as a reward!!! If you get my drift, you hopefully realize that's just bad game design to force someone through that? Heck, MW2 & "MW3: Pirate's Moon" at least allowed you to play both sides of their campaigns, and then decide which you sided with more! Sure, yeah, I'm a little mercenary to start with on a game, but that's only because I'm trying to get what I need for the long haul. After that, I show a different aspect. :mellow:

As for those who would say to spend Real $$$... I may like MWO to some extent, but PGI shot both theirselves and me in the foot enough that it's near-impossible to justify spending Real $$$ in the midst of an already bad U.S. Economy, even for purchasing Mech Bays. I'm forced to stick to earning MC from Events (which I really do appreciate being able to do) for now, and waiting for an actual 'Mech Bay Sale' to happen. So please pardon me for getting a tad harsh about some things sometimes, but if I didn't get critical and/or play MWO, then I likely would have had a psychologic breakdown by now. I've been trying to look at these things from all the standpoints, from 'newbie' to 'partially-experienced pilot' to 'grizzled veteran' to 'developer', and it really is hard to find an agreeable balance. I don't think a 'newbie' should be completely shut out, and that they should be able to get lucky and win every so often, so they can grow and learn and make the community larger. Those who are a 'partially-experienced pilot' are still trying to fit in, and I feel there should be a place for them to be able to play with everyone, as well. But at the same time, I understand the side of the 'grizzled veteran', and how they wish to have a good game and challenge. (And yes, I do see things from the point of the 'developer', who's trying to make their game worthwhile to keep building upon!) It gets really bad, however, when I feel like somebody just ran 'the 5:15 train' all over my 'Memory Lane'... particularly when I want to see MWO survive for the next several generations of the human species. :wacko:

Anywho, I've just done something I didn't want to do here. I've gone all "wall-of-text" again in a thread, and to those that hate those walls I give my sincerest apologies. I'm either gonna try to get back to the battlefield, or take a damn break. :(

~Mr. D. V. "Dangit... I've gone all 'wall-of-text' again!" Devnull

#150 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:55 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 01 October 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

...I only started MWO in the last year, and my original plan had been to pick up all the Achievements and then settle down with one Faction
.../...
Then PGI released the damage known as "Faction Warfare, Phase 3" upon the Contract system, and totally made me completely hesitant to ever settle down as a Loyalist.

Dude, come on, 1 year, you've been here 1 year! that Loyalty Penalty is NOTHING if you're not already a Loyalist for a long time. Just join a Faction, get free Mechbay, pay a few CBills and deal with the penalty*, then move on!

*If you get to Level 2 (=1st free Bay) your penalty is one friggin match worth of Loyalty! If I were to switch now (I'm Fenrik for FRR), I'd lose over 35.000 points! That's the same amount as you'd need to get to Level 6 of any Faction!

So, grow some balls, stop feeling sorry for yourself, and when you're got your 10 free Mechbays, pick one. It's not so f#ckin' hard. And stop going "Wall of text", think before you type.

EDIT: Removed pointless stuff.

Edited by Willothius, 08 October 2016 - 05:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users