149 replies to this topic

#41 Garitjax

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:09 PM

View Postdirtnapnub, on 08 September 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Like many people have stated in other threads about this being their favorite MW 3/4 mech, it was mine also. My main problem and only problem with this mech and several in the last year or so, are the graphic models. If you would show a person who played MW 3/4 or the TT (and never played MWO) a picture of a Atlas from MWO, they would definitely know what that mech was. And I believe you could include mechs to this list. However, several of these new mechs many of these same people would struggle to recognize them. Mechs like the Warhammer and Marauder are classics and IMHO really just do not look like they should, but they still have some resemblance to the mechs from TT readouts. But if they released the Bushwacker mech without a name or spec info, very few people would have correctly guessed this was a Bushwacker. This new Bushwacker looks nothing like a Bushwacker should and looks nothing more than a mini marauder, which it should look nothing like.

Now some of you people are like "great another TT moron". I have never complained about anything before, but to call this a Bushwacker is a joke. I understand that MWO cannot be like the TT or the old MW3/4 games, but the mechs still should have some resemblance to the TT game. I believe if you are going to use all the lore from the Mechwarrior universe and base your game on it, you should make the mechs identifiable to people familiar the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe. Otherwise PGI should never have taken the Mechwarrior name and just made a generic big robot shooting laser's game.

Posted Image
It seems pretty recognizable to me. Maybe a bit more robust.

#42 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:26 PM

But if they released the Bushwacker mech without a name or spec info, very few people would have correctly guessed this was a Bushwacker. This new Bushwacker looks nothing like a Bushwacker should and looks nothing more than a mini marauder, which it should look nothing like.

To call this a Bushwacker is a joke. I understand that MWO cannot be like the TT or the old MW3/4 games, but the mechs still should have some resemblance to the TT game. I believe if you are going to use all the lore from the Mechwarrior universe and base your game on it, you should make the mechs identifiable to people familiar the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe.

View PostPraetorGix, on 08 September 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

You know, I agree. Someone said this mech is Alex's most loved chassis. Well in that case Alex has a weird way of showing love... Why does this thing have to be so thin and ugly from the front, why does it have that exxagerated hump in the rear, why is it so tall and lanky? I think people would recognize it as a bushy nevertheless, but only because of the lurm launcher at the side.

You guys should invest in a pair of glasses.

#43 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:30 PM

I doubt I'll be pre purchasing

2 deckles that sit on a badly made alpha layer that takes no damage like the rest of the mech, instead of in the line backers case four modules which would net me a further 7 million C-bills should I sell them, and in the Mad II case, a complete mech and mech bay really isn't worth spending money over when I can just buy the mech bays, and in a few months, have the C-bills assuming I'm still here.

Yes yes, I like many, wanted Decals badly, but when they arrived they were and still are badly implemented (like many things in this game) dekkels and in no way encourage me to buy anything that contains them as a so called incentive.

Edited by Cathy, 08 September 2016 - 03:31 PM.

#44 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:33 PM

Very nice.

I look forward to grinding them when they are available for cbills.

#45 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:33 PM

Guessing they dropped modules because so many people complained about needing to unlock them with GXP. It's the bushwacker so sold anyway.

#46 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 105 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:51 PM

To be honest, dont know what to do. I was so excited yesterday, but now Im not sure.
Im afraid of quirks and hitboxes.
Time will tell

#47 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:03 PM

Two decals and none of them is the Somerset Strikers insignia? Seriously how hard can that be?

Sorry for repeating this, but it is as recognizable as it is easy to produce.

Posted Image

Anyway, I'll go for the basic pack. It will probably be a challenge to make this Mech work, but I like the look and I like the challenge.

Edited by FLG 01, 08 September 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#48 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostFobhopper, on 08 September 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

I am happy with the looks and the hardpoints of this mech, and when payday comes, I am definitely going to preorder. I like missiles and ballistic. Apparently most of the whiners dont like it because this isn't "laser warrior online". Go suck on an egg, not every mech has to be laser vomit so you can relive laser floyd while tripping on acid.

If you dont like getting shot by missiles, instead of loading that 7th laser, put an AMS or ECM on your damn mech. If you dont like being hit by ballistic, well there isn't anything that can be done about that except use your buddies as shields. There is more to this game than "no skill alpha strikes".

You are aware that no matter how much you *****, people have been saying "when this game finally fails" for about 4 years now, you start sounding like one of those fundamentalist rapture believers. Maybe if you keep saying it every day until the cold death of the universe, you might finally find yourself correct. But more than enough people enjoy this game and keep playing it, regardless of your close minded view of how a mechwarrior game should be. Just because something works on the tabletop does not mean it will work in an FPS. For all your nostalgia tinted glasses when it comes to MW3/4, there were hilariously broken mechanics and systems that let you completely game the system to the point of hilarity.

Why so angry? I didn't say anything about tabletop or mw3/4 but you must really hate those people? I did say "or dives in popularity". Something that is reasonable to prepare for considering the state of FW.

#49 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:21 PM

Should be marginally larger than a crab so it be good for creeping and low cover...

#50 Appuagab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:49 PM

Another mememech instead of something interesting. :^(
At least not another clan heavy.

#51 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

Like many people have stated in other threads about this being their favorite MW 3/4 mech, it was mine also. My main problem and only problem with this mech and several in the last year or so, are the graphic models. If you would show a person who played MW 3/4 or the TT (and never played MWO) a picture of a Atlas from MWO, they would definitely know what that mech was. And I believe you could include mechs to this list. However, several of these new mechs many of these same people would struggle to recognize them. Mechs like the Warhammer and Marauder are classics and IMHO really just do not look like they should, but they still have some resemblance to the mechs from TT readouts. But if they released the Bushwacker mech without a name or spec info, very few people would have correctly guessed this was a Bushwacker. This new Bushwacker looks nothing like a Bushwacker should and looks nothing more than a mini marauder, which it should look nothing like.

Now some of you people are like "great another TT moron". I have never complained about anything before, but to call this a Bushwacker is a joke. I understand that MWO cannot be like the TT or the old MW3/4 games, but the mechs still should have some resemblance to the TT game. I believe if you are going to use all the lore from the Mechwarrior universe and base your game on it, you should make the mechs identifiable to people familiar the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe. Otherwise PGI should never have taken the Mechwarrior name and just made a generic big robot shooting laser's game.

But regardless werent the newer mechs supposedly not allowed to be made like the originals? even if they finally got the approval if it wasnt for that long *** BS that HG had a bunch of those mechs wouldnt be made and you wouldnt have them to play or complain about, but here they are and its better than nothing,

#52 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:23 PM

I will probably buy this Mech but I do not see the incentive to pre-order it with the pre-order awards that are being offered.

#53 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:30 PM

View PostGaritjax, on 08 September 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

Posted Image
It seems pretty recognizable to me. Maybe a bit more robust.

View PostCorbenik, on 08 September 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

But regardless werent the newer mechs supposedly not allowed to be made like the originals? even if they finally got the approval if it wasnt for that long *** BS that HG had a bunch of those mechs wouldnt be made and you wouldnt have them to play or complain about, but here they are and its better than nothing,

A certain class of poster will make up any reason to be upset with PGI - all the while condescendingly referring to the company's "arrogance."

Edited by Void Angel, 08 September 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#54 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:38 PM

I'm seeing yet another 55 ton IS mech.

Mostly missiles and ballistics, and a little bit of energy. I'm partial to those. (But 55 tons isn't much weight to work with given the weight of ACs.) Universal DHS is nice. I like the look of the brass knuckles hanging item. Woodland camo is a decent pattern.

No MASC. No JJ. No ECM. That's disappointing. The basic pack variants have FF instead of Endo. Also disappointing. That's going to run about 4-4.5 c-bills million to fix. There goes most of the c-bill incentive from the pre-order.

Honestly, IS XL engines are not a selling point for me. Most of the stock XLs aren't big enough to justify the danger they pose. Go big or go standard.

Decals instead of modules... I don't know. I could use the dice decal elsewhere. The bushwacker ace of spades is... meh. It feels like that should come with the hero mech specifically, rather than the basic package. Maybe in the future, one decal and one module for the preorder?

I have no nostalgic attachment to this mech and I'm not very impressed with the stats... so... I guess I give this one a pass? *sigh*

-paws

#55 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:52 PM

Looks like PGI is trying to see how much they can claw-back at the pack content and still get good sales numbers.

Too bad, it was a good run.

#56 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:13 PM

I'm not sure what all the whining is about. Either you're going to buy the package or you're not. If you are going to buy it, why not buy it early and get a little added swag.

I for one will be buying it early.

#57 KosherHam013

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:19 PM

*gasp* It's true! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Such Joy! Such Happy! Genuine positive emotion for the wacker of bushes! Finally! Looks awesome =) can't wait to play it! Like the new star wars movies, I hope I don't die in some random accident before this comes out :3 *knocks on wood* (I need the US to hold together long enough for me to elite them once it comes out, lets be real lol)

Should be fun to play, I like the loadouts and the hardpoints. Will be interesting to just play around with the standard loadouts and then really customize em. Also going to be fun playing chicken with the XL. All I see is dakka dakka pew pew fwoosh..... *boom*

Super excited. Bought the $70 pack, idgaf take my monies. This and the huntsman make me happy.

-Kosher

Edited by KosherHam013, 08 September 2016 - 06:29 PM.

#58 betsuni

• Pip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:44 PM

So I wonder if this mech will be added to the loyalty program year 3 since it is in the time window.

#59 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 08 September 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

I'm not sure what all the whining is about. Either you're going to buy the package or you're not. If you are going to buy it, why not buy it early and get a little added swag.

I for one will be buying it early.

Because they removed about 8-14 million C-Bills worth of useful equipment and replaced it with a silly decal.

Yeah, I like useful stuff more than useless stuff. I'm not saying the Decal is "worthless" but I am saying it's "useless." I bet at least 1 person will like the Decal and it will have worth to them.

I just prefer useful in-game stuff and don't like the forced switch to cosmetics. Its definitely a move to see how "valuable" people think decals are.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 08 September 2016 - 07:22 PM.

#60 blackbullitt

• PipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:00 PM

without modules there is no reason to buy early, sure premium time but what if it sucks? i can wait till i see the quirks and get the premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users