468 replies to this topic

#21 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

View Posttee5, on 09 September 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

They don't need to, you will see it on the scouting progress-bar of the planets, I predict, almost no positiv-bars for IS, and many many positive scouting progress-bars for Clan.
To be more precise I predict almost any IS planet will be between 75 - 99 percent in favor for the Claners.

Let's just chalk it up to me liking real numbers for informing the discussion.

http://mwomercs.com/...sts-are-op-but/

#22 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostdigitalMe, on 09 September 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

Maybe then you should play Faction Warfare?

Why? What reward do i get for taking a planet? None.

I'd be down if i could capture an important factory or something.

Edited by Wecx, 09 September 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#23 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:41 PM

View PostWecx, on 09 September 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

Why? What reward do i get for taking a planet? None.

You get a change of pace from no-respawn deathmatch... to respawn deathmatch.

#24 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:47 PM

"Oh terrific, another event" / sarcasm, Posted Image

Word of advice to: ALL
Bring ECM+AMS, the LURMs will be out in force.

Word of advice: To IS
Prepare to face # Streak 30 Crows, or # Streak 36 Mad Dogs.

#25 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:49 PM

I found the small pulse crow worked better in scout. Why people complain about streaks so much

#26 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 09 September 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

You get a change of pace from no-respawn deathmatch... to respawn deathmatch.

Exactly, simply adding factories to planets to enable new mechs or equipment choices would make me play CW again.

Edited by Wecx, 09 September 2016 - 02:54 PM.

#27 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

View PostTaffer, on 09 September 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

I found the small pulse crow worked better in scout. Why people complain about streaks so much

Because people who are not able to hit a barn-door, can make damage with it.
But the people who are not able to hit a barn-door on IS-side, don't have Streak SRM 6, so they can't make damage, and are loosing.

#28 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

View Posttee5, on 09 September 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

Because people who are not able to hit a barn-door, can make damage with it.
But the people who are not able to hit a barn-door on IS-side, don't have Streak SRM 6, so they can't make damage, and are loosing.

Exactly,

#29 Dinsdale Ito Piranha

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:02 PM

Is there some particular reason these kind of events cannot go on every week..even congruent with other Qp events?
At least it would draw more folks over here?

#30 Martallica

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:04 PM

What's with the 12am UTC start for events , twice in a row c'mon guys ......we folk on this side of the pond enjoy our Friday night MWO fix too not Saturday morning ?????

#31 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:07 PM

Tips to not getting seal-clubbed.

1) check out your faction ts, this event should bring more players out, not all will be novices.

2) don't be douche, no likes dropping with them. Play team *and* personal success. Good groups will remember you and will invite you back.

3) don't give up on newer players immedeately, at least give them a chance to learn the ropes.

There should be an influx of players on both sides, cjf gonna be bizzay...

#32 Mega0

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

View PostTaffer, on 09 September 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

By itself streakcrow is not the problem for people who play scouting at least semi-regularly,but when large amount of IS players who didn't played scouting much, suddenly start to bring their Commandos and Locusts instead of Griffins, statistics would largely favor clans, there no IS counterpart to "skillcrow", there no IS mech that can reliably two shoot Clan light player (even when Clan player doesn't know much about scouting mode).

#33 itsGreyspot

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:09 PM

Cool! Maybe I can use this opportunity to get my feet wet in faction warfare. I might be able to get a scout leveled at least up through elite. I don't think I have enough chassis leveled for invasion yet.

#34 Swagpanda89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for the event and the prices. Only one little but: is it intended that the cbill prices are that low?

#35 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:36 PM

No opt-in required.

How do I opt out of this insult of a community event? 6 hours ago usually weekend events started and on this Friday evening I looked so many times at this page before going out to make sure the members of my unit with 240 members were fine for the announced event. That would have been 7pm central european time. But when I went out at 8pm central european time for a birthday party there was still nothing about the faction play event that was announced not via this forum (on Twitter) 2 weeks ago. I picked a 7 day contract for a clan faction because it was obvious there would be no big faction play event. Then I return at 1am central european time from a birthday party only to find out that 20 minutes before midnight you announced an 11 day lasting faction play event which involves picking 2 different 7 day contracts to achieve all the goals.

Do you guys even play your own game? Do you guys want people to stop playing this game? This will be the first time I will not regret drunken posting.

#36 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:37 PM

View Posttee5, on 09 September 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Oh and I have a question:

Is it possible that I can earn both mechs the Zeus and the Executioner?
Play two days achive everything for IS, then break my allegiance wait the 7 days penalty-time, and then make the challenge for Clans?

Yep.

Elephant in the room

What about loyalists? They can't achieve both without massive penalty. Meanwhile Mercs can get both, without any issues.

Seriously PGI - That is a pretty massive oversight, about as big as Long Tom (which has taken what, 4 months to address?)

#37 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostBSK, on 09 September 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

How do I opt out of this insult of a community event? 6 hours ago usually weekend events started and on this Friday evening I looked so many times at this page before going out to make sure the members of my unit with 240 members were fine for the announced event. That would have been 7pm central european time. But when I went out at 8pm central european time for a birthday party there was still nothing about the faction play event that was announced not via this forum (on Twitter) 2 weeks ago. I picked a 7 day contract for a clan faction because it was obvious there would be no big faction play event. Then I return at 1am central european time from a birthday party only to find out that 20 minutes before midnight you announced an 11 day lasting faction play event which involves picking 2 different 7 day contracts to achieve all the goals.

Do you guys even play your own game? Do you guys want people to stop playing this game? This will be the first time I will not regret drunken posting.

OMG, REAL TALK!!

#38 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:58 PM

A complaint no one has made yet: the ultimate prize mechs are the same as an event last year. I already won an EXE-C and a ZEU-9S2. I don't need two more.

#39 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

View PostMega0, on 09 September 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

By itself streakcrow is not the problem for people who play scouting at least semi-regularly,but when large amount of IS players who didn't played scouting much, suddenly start to bring their Commandos and Locusts instead of Griffins, statistics would largely favor clans, there no IS counterpart to "skillcrow", there no IS mech that can reliably two shoot Clan light player (even when Clan player doesn't know much about scouting mode).

you have not beeen facing me and babycakes then gringo. You may have streaks but we have a lot more to counter lazyass streaking. the ones bringing commandos are newer players who want to participate in the event but have no mechs to do that.
ill see you on the battlefield and especially in scouting.

#40 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 09 September 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

A complaint no one has made yet: the ultimate prize mechs are the same as an event last year. I already won an EXE-C and a ZEU-9S2. I don't need two more.

That and KDK-3 is out for C-bills, the EXE-C doesn't tickle me. and the ZEU got a nerf with the resize!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users