#41 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 09 September 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

A complaint no one has made yet: the ultimate prize mechs are the same as an event last year. I already won an EXE-C and a ZEU-9S2. I don't need two more.

You get two free mechbays and what, 15mil cbills if you sell them both at least.

I'm sure there are many out there that already have these mechs.

#42 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

*evil laughter*

#43 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostWecx, on 09 September 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

That and KDK-3 is out for C-bills, the EXE-C doesn't tickle me. and the ZEU got a nerf with the resize!

Oh look, if you win both and sell them w/ all their gear, you'll have about enough for a Kodiak *and* have two more mechbays... all for free...

Edited by MovinTarget, 09 September 2016 - 04:13 PM.

#44 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 09 September 2016 - 04:05 PM, said:

You get two free mechbays and what, 15mil cbills if you sell them both at least.

I'm sure there are many out there that already have these mechs.

And you get enough MC this event to buy a 3rd Mechbay, so 3 mechbay's and ~20mil cbills for this event if you don't want the mechs and the inevitable supply cache's you'll get (that you then just sell for 50k a pop). That's not including any cbills you earn along the way, which given the size of the event - I'd say you'll earn at least 20mil cbills if not more over all the games.

I mean, what else do you want? You can basically buy 2 Kodiak's off the bat (if you don't have them).

It's not gonna get much better than that for free.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 09 September 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#45 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 09 September 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

Oh look, if you win both and sell them w/ all their gear, you'll have about enough for a Kodiak *and* 2 mechbays.

I have been playing since 2012 what makes you think i don't already have enough c-bills to buy the KDK-3? Bought it, Mastered it, and I'm not looking for another Clan Assault.

#46 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

I just do not understand all the guys claiming that they will not play CW "because of reasons".
You want matches without LRMs? The vast majority of CW matches I played had little to no LRMs in them. Go for it.

"But but but the prices are not fancy enough." Play CW and you will proceed in your factions ranks, gaining free stuff like Mechbays and MC and other things. Unless of course you have reached level 20 already. Where is the problem?

The only two downsides have been addressed already: the timing of the event start and the prices. The first is unfortunate, the latter caters to Mercs only, ignoring the loyalists.

#47 Rentier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, it was

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:18 PM

BUG KMDD with scouting doesn't count for Clan challenge only for scouting challenge....

#48 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:18 PM

View Postlatinisator, on 09 September 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

I just do not understand all the guys claiming that they will not play CW "because of reasons".
You want matches without LRMs? The vast majority of CW matches I played had little to no LRMs in them. Go for it.

"But but but the prices are not fancy enough." Play CW and you will proceed in your factions ranks, gaining free stuff like Mechbays and MC and other things. Unless of course you have reached level 20 already. Where is the problem?

The only two downsides have been addressed already: the timing of the event start and the prices. The first is unfortunate, the latter caters to Mercs only, ignoring the loyalists.

Nobody plays CW because it is pointless! Taking planets doesn't reward you with anything!! At least if you unlocked factories on planets or something to give a planet meaning it would make CW fun.

#49 SFC174

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 695 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:20 PM

As a relatively new player (about 4 months, just under 1000 matches) I have been interested in FP/CW/whatever, but frankly there is no intro to ease us into it. I certainly won't be jumping in feet first for this particular event.

If PGI would like to get more of us noobs into FP, they might look into making it a little easier to dip your toe in without getting clubbed and verbally abused. Especially as a player gravitating toward IS. Just saying....

#50 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:22 PM

View Postlatinisator, on 09 September 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

i agree on that.

#51 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:22 PM

View PostWecx, on 09 September 2016 - 04:18 PM, said:

Nobody plays CW because it is pointless! Taking planets doesn't reward you with anything!! At least if you unlocked factories on planets or something to give a planet meaning it would make CW fun.

Pfff. I never spoke of the worth of planets. Just the in-game goodies you get for playing that are not tied to conquering planets. Get your facts straight.

#52 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostSFC174, on 09 September 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

As a relatively new player (about 4 months, just under 1000 matches) I have been interested in FP/CW/whatever, but frankly there is no intro to ease us into it. I certainly won't be jumping in feet first for this particular event.

If PGI would like to get more of us noobs into FP, they might look into making it a little easier to dip your toe in without getting clubbed and verbally abused. Especially as a player gravitating toward IS. Just saying....

It's supposed to be end-game content, but once you build your drop-deck you will find the only content CW offers you is 4 waves of deathballing for no rewards other than loyalty points,

#53 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:24 PM

I'm a Jade Falcon loyalist, so why are my stats being tracked for the IS faction challenges?

#54 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:25 PM

View Postlatinisator, on 09 September 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

Pfff. I never spoke of the worth of planets. Just the in-game goodies you get for playing that are not tied to conquering planets. Get your facts straight.

What goodies? Warhorns? CW Needs content, This event wont fix that.

#55 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostWecx, on 09 September 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

I have been playing since 2012 what makes you think i don't already have enough c-bills to buy the KDK-3? Bought it, Mastered it, and I'm not looking for another Clan Assault.

Well if you've been playing that long and have everything, enough cbills etc.

What are you complaining about?

#56 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

View PostSFC174, on 09 September 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

Hop onto a faction TS or try to join a unit that is IS loyalist or IS-merc for the event. Then you should be relatively safe from being clubbed. Most guys on a TS are nice and giving advice to new players. You should bring, however, at least elited Mechs with builds that are good for CW.

Cf: www.metamechs.com and more precise http://metamechs.com...ropship-ladder/

#57 IG 88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 416 posts
  • LocationSagunay, Québec Canada

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

Wow PGI! You put a lot of ENERGY to DRAW players away from PTS Posted Image

Edited by IG 88, 09 September 2016 - 04:28 PM.

#58 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:28 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 09 September 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

#1st world mechwarrior problems xD

Edited by Daemon04, 09 September 2016 - 04:30 PM.

#59 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 09 September 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

I'm complaining that PGI is trying to revive CW with an event instead of Content, In-fact Mechpacks and Events seem to be all PGI has to offer.

These events are tiresome, i don't need mechs or cbills, but thank god we have a tournament right?

#60 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:32 PM

View PostWecx, on 09 September 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

What goodies?

Ok, you have just made clear to myself that you, good sir, are a troll. Anyhow, thank you for the conversation.

For the rest, goodies like in this pic I have found:

http://www.howtoplay...ievements-2.jpg

You play, get loyalty points for you faction / status as merc and gain Mechbays and MC and other stuff. Wins net more loyalty points than loses, but no problems here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users