468 replies to this topic

#461 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 20 September 2016 - 05:54 AM, said:

Streaks are boring Posted Image I got most of my light KMDDs in invasion playing dakka Ebon Jags, Timber Wolves and Kodiaks. It's much more difficult to hit those lights with UAC10s, but it's sooo rewarding to see them get blown to pieces Posted Image

Ironically I got 4 light KMDD with a TDR std engine triple LPL against a 12 man GCGB unit that sent a wave of 12 lights first with the express goal of burning down IS assaults. Then second wave was 12 kodiaks and warhawks..... We were 12 soloers so I took solace in those 4 valuable kills. We lost badly! Posted Image

#462 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:57 AM

View PostBSK, on 20 September 2016 - 08:59 AM, said:

Finally this kill stealing event is over. Thanks to an 11 day lasting event that was ultimately announced 20 minutes before its start, and thanks to a one-liner in the patch notes about recruiting tickets, thanks to a message-of-the-day that doesn't work but instead shows all 240 members of my unit joining each day, and thanks to a reward system for both sides, there have been 4 members who left my unit for the rewards and now expect me to pay 12 million for each one to get them back into the unit.

You owe me 48 million , PGI!

No PGI don't - just tell your greedy 4 members no or to cough up the c-bills as they put themselves ahead of your unit. Its called personal responsibility. If people in the unit really like them then get each of your 240 members to donate 200k... which is nothing. ;)

View PostPFC Carsten, on 20 September 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

Ah, seems like I didn't pay attention. So it was only the 10 KMDD per weight class that needed to be done after switching allegiance for non-loyalists to get both mechs and the mechbays?

PGI must really hate loyalists then... those guys who would make population in Faction Play a little more predictable...

I made exactly the same mistake - finished as the clans.... then found I was already 2/3 for the IS side and just needed the 10/10/10/10 KMDD. Couldn't have faced doing it all again!

#463 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

In my unit, which is about 50 players of which 25 are fairly active, players make voluntary donations to the coffer from time to time. (Because they are a great bunch of guys, basically.)

#464 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:13 AM

Would be nice if you had 2 options for unit invites: one where you pay (normal) and one where they pay (CoD).

View PostAppogee, on 21 September 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

In my unit, which is about 50 players of which 25 are fairly active, players make voluntary donations to the coffer from time to time. (Because they are a great bunch of guys, basically.)

Your addiction to space bacon and vat-dolls is coming into focus now... I was wondering how you could afford it all...

#465 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:36 AM

View PostDaemon04, on 14 September 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

I hope the loyalists still will get something other than just the zeus 'cause I got the Zeus now and Ill be taking it for a spin but I will sell it afterwards. - A couple pages back Matt mentioned something about "we are thinking about the loyalist situation and we will come up with a solution". Im counting on that.

SALT FOR THE SALTTHRONE:
I faced a lot of jade falcons and a lot of pugs who seem to join those clans just to be on the winning side. I dont think they have the balls to do a purely puggy invasion drop. Ill be whining here gentleman 'cause while taking lead in factionplay-pug-drops other IS pugs dont seem to care that someone might be taking charge and do what they are told to do. If those dudes had a little sense of reality they should be happy seeing some prepared mariks leading them to victory against sneaky snipy gen shooting largelaser shadowcats on some distinctive maps!

View PostDaemon04, on 14 September 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

I hope the loyalists still will get something other than just the zeus 'cause I got the Zeus now and Ill be taking it for a spin but I will sell it afterwards. - A couple pages back Matt mentioned something about "we are thinking about the loyalist situation and we will come up with a solution". Im counting on that.

#466 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:58 AM

So after the event completed I have the following feedback.
Two weeks is not enough, in faction warfare the number of lights and assaults were not enough to complete both the IS and Clan challenges, I failed on both of these (yes i do not have murdering Kodiaks that kill everything in sight).
Had the KMDD been or Kills i would have easily made it, as i try to kill as quickly as possible and not do damage for days. Some get torn to shreds by some players but they do not go for the kill, hence they get the KMDD, but the (in my view) more sensible play style of killing as quickly as possible doesn't get rewarded if you encounter a damaged mech, and tear into a xl shoulder with machine guns.
Great rewards, only those were hard to achieve due to drops, which tend to be heavy more than any others.

#467 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:35 AM

It would have been better if they simply set it to 50-60 total kmdds than the 10/10/10/10 approach... that probably would have been way simpler and there would have been less hustling for light/assault kills at the end...

#468 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 27 September 2016 - 04:35 AM, said:

It would have been better if they simply set it to 50-60 total kmdds than the 10/10/10/10 approach... that probably would have been way simpler and there would have been less hustling for light/assault kills at the end...

But where would have been the challenge?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users