6 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,619 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:32 PM

Believe it, Saitek brand is now Logitech. Sad to see such a good product go, but that's the nature of the beast in gaming.
http://www.anandtech...controllers-biz

#2 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostHawk819, on 16 September 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

Sad to see such a good product go,

Actually they were owned by MadCatz who made ****** product. My x45 is still rock solid, the x52 is apparently good too and everything after was of poor craftmanship. IT LOOKED GOOD but the hardware and software was prone to lots of problem. People on sim forum seem pretty happy about the new acquisition.

Logitech have both the capability and money to bring quality hardware back into Saitek.

#3 A Baoa Qu

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:56 AM

This is great news! I already use logitech gaming mouse & KB, in the future I will get a logitech HOTAS as well to replace my x52 which recently suffered a broken button on the throttle.

#4 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

View PostA Baoa Qu, on 20 September 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

This is great news! I already use logitech gaming mouse & KB, in the future I will get a logitech HOTAS as well to replace my x52 which recently suffered a broken button on the throttle.

I tear into these flight sticks and it would be a easy fix....solder gun and a screw driver is all that is needed, and skill.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:32 PM

frankly ive never been a fan of either ones sticks. ive been through 3 saitek hotases over the course of about 7 years, then i buy ch pro throttle, fighterstick, and pedals and they are 8 or 9 years old now. and i got fed up with logitech a long time ago. they like to make shoddy products that are both over priced and hard to repair.

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:29 AM

oh **** i fear what may happen to my beloved mad catz mice

#7 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:01 PM

Mad Catz will still do their keyboards/mice. Logitech didn't want that part of the brand.

Frankly I hated my Mad Catz mouse, it was more gimmick than anything else. I went back to a Razer mouse and it's been decent enough (though the OSX software was very crashy at startup, so I don't use the Razer software anymore except in Windows) Posted Image

Edited by Luscious Dan, 28 September 2016 - 12:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users