By Default Mute Dead Players From A Match.

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Mute Dead Players Option (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Add in a check box to disable dead player on audio by default

1. Yes (9 votes [40.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

2. No (13 votes [59.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rhent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:14 PM

By Default Mute Dead Players From A Match.

#2 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:21 PM

If I am going to rage something nonsensical blaming everyone else for the mistakes I made, then you better be listening to my jibberish!

This is a multiplayer game, so you better feed my troll... Thats basically what you signed up for when you logged into the interwebz!

#3 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:40 AM

Um... mute VOIP by default Posted Image Play with friends, use TeamSpeak. There is nothing usefull is said by some random moron in PUGlandia

#4 Blackice001

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:51 PM

I often drop call for the team. Before I die, I have to divide my focus and I have much more limited information. I've even walked out of bounds while drop calling and paying more attention to the battlemap than to my own game. But after I die, I can cycle through spectate mode, gaining a better positional understanding of the field. Direct focus fire on badly damaged mechs, and assist in other ways not available to me while my mech is still active. Should I have this advantage? Does it hurt the team more or less by eliminating deceased players from chat? What about the LoLz and congratulating players on jobs well done? I think that as a form of community and togetherness dead players presence is a boon overall. Eliminating dead players from voice chat would hurt the feeling of " Team ",

#5 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:40 AM

View PostBlackice001, on 20 September 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

I often drop call for the team. Before I die, I have to divide my focus and I have much more limited information. I've even walked out of bounds while drop calling and paying more attention to the battlemap than to my own game. But after I die, I can cycle through spectate mode, gaining a better positional understanding of the field. Direct focus fire on badly damaged mechs, and assist in other ways not available to me while my mech is still active. Should I have this advantage? Does it hurt the team more or less by eliminating deceased players from chat? What about the LoLz and congratulating players on jobs well done? I think that as a form of community and togetherness dead players presence is a boon overall. Eliminating dead players from voice chat would hurt the feeling of " Team ",

You sir bring up a very important view I never considered because i take these things for granted! But yah, man you are so right! It helps a lot when a spectator calls my targets for me and coordinates a fire fight! And the end game "GG WP, thanks for calls" really do bring us together more as a community!

#6 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:08 AM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 21 September 2016 - 08:40 AM, said:

You sir bring up a very important view I never considered because i take these things for granted! But yah, man you are so right! It helps a lot when a spectator calls my targets for me and coordinates a fire fight! And the end game "GG WP, thanks for calls" really do bring us together more as a community!

Its called audio mute. At the end of a match there will be 2 or 3 mechs on a team and when you are trying to coordinate to finish off red, you have the backseat commentators in the PUG having a conversation making it exceedingly difficult to plan. You have to to then change the screen, lose your vision and try to mute everyone but the live people to get back into the fight, and then there is no guarantee your teammates will have time to do that as well, and a damn good chance you'll get sniped trying to clear up your coms. Mute the dead guys and let them talk in their own channel when they die.

#7 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:32 AM

View PostRhent, on 23 September 2016 - 12:08 AM, said:

Its called audio mute. At the end of a match there will be 2 or 3 mechs on a team and when you are trying to coordinate to finish off red, you have the backseat commentators in the PUG having a conversation making it exceedingly difficult to plan. You have to to then change the screen, lose your vision and try to mute everyone but the live people to get back into the fight, and then there is no guarantee your teammates will have time to do that as well, and a damn good chance you'll get sniped trying to clear up your coms. Mute the dead guys and let them talk in their own channel when they die.

Well, you have your views, and I have mine. Luckilly you set up a poll that lets people vote "Yes" or "Not".

#8 Capt Jos

Rookie

• The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSnoring in Bed

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:20 PM

View PostBlackice001, on 20 September 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

Agreed. Sometimes the vets whose mechs got destroyed would like to help the newbies and tell them, "Don't go head first into their AC/20!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users