Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:59 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 26 September 2016 - 01:58 AM, said:

Derp

#42 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:17 AM

I didn't need premium time so i just bought 2 of the bottom tier and got 2 mechbays

#43 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:26 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 September 2016 - 01:53 AM, said:

Google

I love the way people ask for perfectly reasonable things politely and forum warriors just rudely **** on them...

#44 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

If you don't know to google for a time zone conversion... you lack the common sense to be on the internet at this stage of the world. I've met five year olds who if asked what the time is in moscow will have you an answer in 15 seconds using dad's iPhone. For that matter, if you've gone through life and not yet learned about the universal standard time (also known sometimes as Greenwich mean time) system (which all events/happenings in the game include a reference to, as well as pacific standard time, and figured out how to convert to your own time zone accordingly... well... that's your own problem.

Also there's dozens if not hundreds of time zone apps you can download onto your phone already in existence.

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 September 2016 - 01:30 PM.

#45 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:08 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 September 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

If you don't know to google for a time zone conversion... you lack the common sense to be on the internet at this stage of the world. I've met five year olds who if asked what the time is in moscow will have you an answer in 15 seconds using dad's iPhone. For that matter, if you've gone through life and not yet learned about the universal standard time (also known sometimes as Greenwich mean time) system (which all events/happenings in the game include a reference to, as well as pacific standard time, and figured out how to convert to your own time zone accordingly... well... that's your own problem.

Also there's dozens if not hundreds of time zone apps you can download onto your phone already in existence.

So much waffle to excuse the laziness of developers....

#46 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:40 AM

View PostAramuside, on 26 September 2016 - 11:08 PM, said:

So much waffle to excuse the laziness of developers....

Its players who are lazy, not the developers.

#47 RazerThrone07

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:08 AM

What is the exchange rate for US$ TO CAN$ ?

US $6.95 = $9.66 CAN
or
US $6.95 = $9.21 CAN

Edited by RazerThrone07, 27 September 2016 - 06:12 AM.

#48 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:22 AM

View PostRazerThrone07, on 27 September 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

US $6.95 = $9.66 CAN
or
US $6.95 = $9.21 CAN

According to some people the correct answer is....

google

#49 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:54 AM

Seriously, I just checked it on google:
Remember that the rate affects things differently depending on your direction:

If you are changing USD to CAN then you get 6.95US -> 9.21CAN

#50 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

Yeah the USD to GBP is the worst rate I've found in any MMO/FPS currently.

#51 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:02 AM

A word of note, I think xsolla (the payment company the PGI uses) uses its own exchange rate to cover any costs. So the exchange rate you find on google or xe.com or something may not match up perfectly to what you're actually charged

#52 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:15 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 28 September 2016 - 12:02 AM, said:

A word of note, I think xsolla (the payment company the PGI uses) uses its own exchange rate to cover any costs. So the exchange rate you find on google or xe.com or something may not match up perfectly to what you're actually charged

Thats our point - they massively under value non USD currencies so we end up paying far more than US customers. ;)

The costs side is an excuse by them if they said that though as PGI is their client not us.

#53 RazerThrone07

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:42 AM

Wake up PGI, you are a Canadian company, Your clients/customers are making a complaint on exchange rates.

Should this be a cost (XSOLLA) of doing business, not to be passed onto the customer?

Is PGI subsidized in any manner with Canadian tax dollars?

Edited by RazerThrone07, 28 September 2016 - 01:54 AM.

#54 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:45 AM

View PostRazerThrone07, on 27 September 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

US $6.95 = $9.66 CAN
or
US $6.95 = $9.21 CAN

Exchange rates change daily (well every minute during the trading day actually), and the rates presented in the business section of the news are the world monetary rates enjoyed by large currency traders, central banks, governments and so forth. Typically normal folks are a couple percentage points worse off going either way (buying a different currency, or selling another currency back to your own country's currency). Paypal converted my USD balance to CAD yesterday (Sept 27th) to pay for the mailing label for the box I was shipping at $1USD = $1.29CAD. A label I paid for on the 22nd was at $1.27, and on the 19th it was at $1.28. The official rate is currently $1 CAD = $0.7563 USD, or put the other way, $1 USD = $1.3222.

Edited by Dee Eight, 28 September 2016 - 03:48 AM.

#55 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:55 AM

View PostRazerThrone07, on 28 September 2016 - 01:42 AM, said:

Wake up PGI, you are a Canadian company, Your clients/customers are making a complaint on exchange rates.

Should this be a cost (XSOLLA) of doing business, not to be passed onto the customer?

Is PGI subsidized in any manner with Canadian tax dollars?

Being a canadian company or subsidized with canadian tax dollars has no bearing on what currency they sell their products in. There are lots of canadian energy sector and mineral/natural resources companies (think Oil, Silver, Gold, Copper, Natural gas, etc) and those commodities are all traded in US dollars. As miserable as the actual US federal and state and even municipal debt loads are (detroit actually declared bankruptcy in 2013 afterall, something once considered a work of fiction from the Robocop movie franchise), the US dollar is still seen as the most stable currency in the world and hence why its also the dominant currency to do business in.

#56 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:01 AM

For Euro the xsolla exhange rate was better than visa exchange rate even without bank fee, which my bank charges are extra.

But exchange rates differences are usually very small, I was still bit surprised at that, usually Visa has a good rate much better than Paypal for example.

Actually I wonder if PGI gets less from it, as it was declared also to contain 24% VAT.

Edited by Teer5, 30 September 2016 - 02:08 AM.

#57 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:52 AM

View PostTeer5, on 30 September 2016 - 02:01 AM, said:

For Euro the xsolla exhange rate was better than visa exchange rate even without bank fee, which my bank charges are extra. But exchange rates differences are usually very small, I was still bit surprised at that, usually Visa has a good rate much better than Paypal for example. Actually I wonder if PGI gets less from it, as it was declared also to contain 24% VAT.

I wish I could say the same as I got 1.31 USD to the GBP two weeks ago when I bought USD for my holiday... day before Xsolla gave me 1.20 USD which was so bad I just paid in USD and ate the conversion charge from my bank.

Edit: 1.239 right now as just ordered the Bushwacker package for "price research" purposes. ;0

Edited by Aramuside, 30 September 2016 - 05:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users