Events With Restrictions Should Modify Quickplay

2 replies to this topic

#1 Chaossaur

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:06 PM

Events where they're designed around specific mech classes should change the quickplay matchup. the most recent one is designed around heavy mechs (and night gyr)

When it comes to making the teams it should allow ANY number of event mechs, it should not be trying to balance number of assaults or lights . The only thing it should care about it making the teams equivalent in numbers of particular classes.

You should regularly see teams comprised of 80% event mechs on both sides.

Currently you might see 1 or 2 more of the "event" mech in a team but it's still waiting around not starting the match till it gets X lights or assaults when they ARENT part of the event.
Should only be waiting around if one or the other team already has X non-event mechs.

You could even make it favor event mechs, pushing other mechs out of selection to choose event mechs.

#2 Supersmacky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 239 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:36 AM

But what about the players who don't care one way or the other about the event and just want to run the mech they want? What happens to them? Are they just out of luck because of the event? They have to deal with the high wait times because either they 1) don't have a mech that fits the mold for the event or 2) Choose to run something other than a relevant event mech?!?

#3 Tigven

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:03 AM

Judging by 3 heavies ALPHA lance that I had in some matches during this event, I'd say this is already happening (i.e. group setup is tuned to allow far more heavies than usual).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users