ECM 101

31 replies to this topic

#21 Bmetranger

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Is it true you are going to remove ECM from the Lights Mechs because they are too OP and you are about to lose half your player base because the assualt an heavies classes are getting sick of the light? You could save yourself by restricting ligts to 1 Mech per drop or LIghts with ecm slower speed and 1 small weapon.

#22 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostBmetranger, on 19 January 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

You could save yourself by restricting ligts to 1 Mech per drop or LIghts with ecm slower speed and 1 small weapon.

you could not enforce that any more than you can enforce in-game VOIP usage.

We can dream, though.

#23 MechWarrior001347

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

I think ECM should have a cool down Time. You use it 1 Minute than it needs to regenerate one MInute than its usable again or needs to dice after 30 sec. of use for a chance to Jam. In grouped Operations you will have to plan the use of it strategical :) . The Item would be usable as it is right now but it prevents ssrm and lrm spamming under Permanent Cover.

#24 Mason Nishikawa

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

Wow!!!

For some reason my head hurts!!

I have to agree that the Guardian ECm is out of balance. Yes i agree it should remain but it should not offer stacking bonuses with other GECM within the team but should do something totally different. Who knows what it should do. Basically it all comes down to if the DEV's will permit Beagle probes stacking to counter the GECM.and i know that once we start seeing the clans, Guardian is kinda useless.

Also on another note if you are any good at leading your target you can get a good number of missiles to hit. I have found this still quite affective but requires LOS good calculation skills, some form of trouble shooting and bam! You know where you are firing and if you are too slow you just messed up. kinda sucks but still it got me multiple kill assists in many matches.

Essentially the Guardian does need to be brought into line some how.

#25 Khylar

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationCroatian living in Bavaria...Prost! ;)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Even with 2x Sensor Range in the skill tree, mech equipped with the Beagle Active Probe...and still not any chance to counter the ecm. The disturbed minimap is also annoying. It is very inbalanced in my opinion. It should not work like the scissor-stone-paper game but a mech equipped with BAP should diminish in some way the efficency of ecm, but not completely subtract the function for example. Something like a ECCM (Electonic Counter Counter Measure) could help...

#26 Obadiah333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, Oregon

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostKhylar, on 05 March 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

Even with 2x Sensor Range in the skill tree, mech equipped with the Beagle Active Probe...and still not any chance to counter the ecm. The disturbed minimap is also annoying. It is very inbalanced in my opinion. It should not work like the scissor-stone-paper game but a mech equipped with BAP should diminish in some way the efficency of ecm, but not completely subtract the function for example. Something like a ECCM (Electonic Counter Counter Measure) could help...

Kinda like switching to counter. huh.

#27 Tarrasque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

NECRO THREEEEEADDDD

#28 Khylar

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationCroatian living in Bavaria...Prost! ;)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostTarrasque, on 05 March 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

NECRO THREEEEEADDDD

im sorry that i didn`t spend all my precious time to search everything about that issue... :)

#29 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostKhylar, on 05 March 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

im sorry that i didn`t spend all my precious time to search everything about that issue... :)

Go a day or two back and you can't throw a rock without hitting an ECM thread. Lately they've been obscured by consumable threads, however.

#30 DrKukary

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Am I the only one that thinks it is dumb that ECM's best counter is ECM? More counter conponents should be added if you ask me. Not just for missiles and ECM, but for a variety of things. The old MW games had 3 different types of armor if I remember correctly. Stock, laser counter, and ballistic counter I believe.

#31 Mypa333

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

My suggestion for the ECM is to make it inactive if the ECM mechs comes very near, under 300 M of the enemy mech.

This way, i can put my Streaks in the Raven's head and for once RAVEN PILOTS SHOULD BE FORCED TO LEARN TO AIM!

#32 Sheraf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

ECM 101: Ditch all long range weapons, carry only effective short range ones, run into each other and open fire ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users