Clan Autocannon... Wtf...

112 replies to this topic

#1 Antonius Zalman

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew Kent

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:18 PM

Why is the Clan AC being treated like an Ultra??? Suppose to be single shot, aff? Instead it's firing multiple rounds like an Ultra... makes no damn sense...

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

Clan Autocannons are burst fire weapons. For instance, an AC/20 fires 4 shells that do 5 damage each. Sadly, the non-ultra ACs for the Clans are just placeholders you should never, ever take.

#3 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:24 PM

View PostAntonius Zalman, on 23 September 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

Why is the Clan AC being treated like an Ultra??? Suppose to be single shot, aff? Instead it's firing multiple rounds like an Ultra... makes no damn sense...

Really? Did you tried the C-UAC already?

The damage is divided among those shots. UAC20 shoots 4 rounds, each dealing 5 damage instead. It's like the trend where the lasers deal more damage and have more heat, but has longer duration. The C-UAC20 can burst 8 rounds.

#4 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:25 PM

Clan Autocannons (non-ultra) aren't even supposed to be a thing.

They're supposed to be a placeholder for Clan LBXs with slug rounds, but since PGI can't figure out how to make switchable ammunition...
Seriously, don't use them. Ultras are better in every way.

#5 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:27 PM

View PostAntonius Zalman, on 23 September 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

I'm just happy to see that there are actual new players in this game.

#6 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:38 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 23 September 2016 - 10:25 PM, said:

They're supposed to be a placeholder for Clan LBXs with slug rounds, but since PGI can't figure out how to make switchable ammunition...

They're non-jammable though, and shoot as far as LBX's, which is further for the smaller sizes than the ultras do. C-AC/2 and LB-2X is 900m, C-AC/5 and LB-5X is 720m, Ultra/2 is 810m and Ultra/5 is 630m. However they are also the same size as far as crit slots go as the LBX models.

Edited by Dee Eight, 23 September 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#7 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:41 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 September 2016 - 10:38 PM, said:

They're non-jammable though, and shoot as far as LBX's, which is further for the smaller sizes than the ultras do. C-AC/2 and LB-2X is 900m, C-AC/5 and LB-5X is 720m, Ultra/2 is 810m and Ultra/5 is 630m.

If you don't double-tap, C-Ultras aren't jammable either...
That's not an up-side...

Easy way to not double-tap accidentally is to just HOLD the button instead of spamming it.

#8 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:18 PM

Most ACs in Battletech are *meant* to be burst-fire weapons; there were only a few exceptions. AC ratings in TT were based on how much armor they could punch through every ten seconds, not per slug. The way Clan ACs work is actually closer to lore... which is pretty funny since they're the only ACs modeled in MWO that don't even exist (they're just placeholders for C-LB_-X with slug loads rather than cluster shot).

#9 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:42 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 23 September 2016 - 10:41 PM, said:

If you don't double-tap, C-Ultras aren't jammable either...
That's not an up-side...

Easy way to not double-tap accidentally is to just HOLD the button instead of spamming it.

not true.
on my hunchback llc with 4 UAC2 in chain fire an holding the button down i still do get an jam at random thax to RNG but AC2 i can chin fire with out jaming tell i run out of ammo
oh an there also the Jam on the UAC when you 1st press the button that is always fun.

ps. i think that PGI need to bring back the Jam % to IS AC we had back in bate

#10 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:03 AM

View Postkf envy, on 23 September 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

not true.
on my hunchback llc with 4 UAC2 in chain fire an holding the button down i still do get an jam at random thax to RNG but AC2 i can chin fire with out jaming tell i run out of ammo
oh an there also the Jam on the UAC when you 1st press the button that is always fun.

ps. i think that PGI need to bring back the Jam % to IS AC we had back in bate

Unless you're using a macro for that chainfire, you should NEVER jam an AC without double tapping.

#11 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:33 AM

On paper you shouldn't, but i've had insta-jams happen also with one shot.

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:15 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 23 September 2016 - 10:25 PM, said:

except for heat. and the cacs sound better, and dont jam. and you can dual fire cac20s without shutting down, and uac2s are garbage, and wtf did they do to the uac10 it is too hot even as a single gun now.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 September 2016 - 02:16 AM.

#13 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:55 AM

View Postkf envy, on 23 September 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

not true.
on my hunchback llc with 4 UAC2 in chain fire an holding the button down i still do get an jam at random thax to RNG ..

View PostDee Eight, on 24 September 2016 - 12:33 AM, said:

On paper you shouldn't, but i've had insta-jams happen also with one shot.

Please record a video and send to PGI support. I just tried, got bored trying to run out of ammo, and not once did weapons jam.

Edited by Mystere, 24 September 2016 - 04:56 AM.

#14 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:38 AM

View PostMystere, on 24 September 2016 - 04:55 AM, said:

Please record a video and send to PGI support. I just tried, got bored trying to run out of ammo, and not once did weapons jam.

No need to record, you really can have a C-UAC jam on the first shot, just like you can have multiple C-UACs jam simultaneously, like 3 or more at the same time. Praise be RNGesus but that is pretty damn fishy.

#15 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:16 AM

They will never jam on the first shot. They can and often do jam on the first double tap attempt.

#16 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:40 AM

There's always this claim they can jam on the first trigger pull, but thus far not a single video has been provided as evidence.

Russ himself asked for someone to give proof, so he could have it fixed, and he got nothing.

I have gone in Training Grounds with thousands of rounds, and couldn't replicate the issue. It just doesn't happen.

#17 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 24 September 2016 - 05:38 AM, said:

No need to record, you really can have a C-UAC jam on the first shot, just like you can have multiple C-UACs jam simultaneously, like 3 or more at the same time. Praise be RNGesus but that is pretty damn fishy.

This was not my first test, nor second. Heck, I tried just a few more times for the hell of it, both chain and group fired, until I ran out of ammo. Not once did it happen. As such I don't know what else to say.

Edited by Mystere, 24 September 2016 - 06:56 AM.

#18 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:04 AM

The Clan autocannons were put in to give an option with the same crits/tons as the equivalent LB-X weapons that did not fire cluster rounds. This was necessitated by the inability to code in the capability to switch between ammo types in the middle of a match.

PGI decided to give the Clan Autocannons the same 'burst fire' mechanic of the Clan Autocannons.

On the upside, Clan Autocannons are truer to Lore because almost nowhere do you find ACs firing single rounds.

On the downside, IS gets pinpoint damage.

#19 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:14 AM

The reason Clans don't have slug rounds was a conscious decision to weaken them vs IS ACs. Just imagine how more powerful Clan dakka mechs would be if they were PPFLD weapons.

#20 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostDavers, on 24 September 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

The reason Clans don't have slug rounds was a conscious decision to weaken them vs IS ACs. Just imagine how more powerful Clan dakka mechs would be if they were PPFLD weapons.

However, keep in mind that the current Clan dakka mechs use Ultra ACs for higher DPS. If Clan normal ACs were PPFLD, then the Clan dakka boats would have to reduce their DPS in order to benefit from it.

I think that at the very least, the Clan ACs should have equal or slightly faster cooldown than the Clan Ultras. Or even higher velocity. Just something to make them not worthless, if PGI has to insist on keeping them in the game.

Edited by FupDup, 24 September 2016 - 07:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users