Mwo Needs New Weapons

13 replies to this topic

Poll: Do we want more weapons? (85 member(s) have cast votes)

What energy weapons do you want to see?

1. Heavy Lasers (44 votes [19.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.73%

2. Bombast Lasers (21 votes [9.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.42%

3. Heavy PPC (36 votes [16.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.14%

4. Plasma Cannon (41 votes [18.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.39%

5. X-Pulse Lasers (33 votes [14.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.80%

6. Heavy Flamer (25 votes [11.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

7. Snub Nose PPC (23 votes [10.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.31%

Which Ballistic Weapons do you want to see?

1. Heavy Gauss Rifle (36 votes [11.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.01%

2. Light Gauss Rifle (45 votes [13.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.76%

3. UAC/LBX caliber's for IS (56 votes [17.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.13%

4. Rotatory Autocannons (51 votes [15.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.60%

5. Hyper Velocity Autocannons (26 votes [7.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.95%

6. Thumper Artillery (18 votes [5.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.50%

7. Long Tom Artillery (18 votes [5.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.50%

8. Heavy Machine Guns/Machine Gun Arrays (42 votes [12.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.84%

9. LBX Slug variants (35 votes [10.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.70%

Which Missile Weapons do you want to see?

1. MRM's (55 votes [20.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.52%

2. More SSRM variants for IS (48 votes [17.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.91%

3. ARROW IV Artillery (39 votes [14.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.55%

4. Cluster Arrow IV (20 votes [7.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.46%

5. Thunder LRMS (29 votes [10.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.82%

6. Inferno LRMS (29 votes [10.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.82%

7. Rocket Launchers (26 votes [9.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.70%

8. Mech Mortar's (22 votes [8.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.21%

Do you think MWO needs more weapons at all?

1. Yes (62 votes [89.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 89.86%

2. No (7 votes [10.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.14%

Would you pay for a weapon pack or packs?

1. Yes (23 votes [33.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.82%

2. No (45 votes [66.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:25 AM

Nearly everyone here has played older Mechwarrior games. One of the most enjoyable features in these games, was customizing each of your mechs with a diverse load out. MANY of the weapons suggested in this pole jump ahead in the timeline, HOWEVER. We are already getting the Bushwacker (which is 2 years ahead) and talks of the Mad Cat MKII were done by the developers, stating "They would be surprised to not see it in the game by 2017". While current weapon balance has its issues, I believe i would speak for a great many people in saying that we would rather have new gear for our existing myriad of mechs, than a "Buy this new shiny mech" every few months.

While there are many mechs i would love to pilot, having the same or similar weapon load outs on every other mech gets slightly old.
If the hard point system worked similar to mechwarrior 4's, this would be less of an issue, given that in a hard point holding (Say seven slots) you could mount x amount of weapons up to the given slot count. But where that is not that case, some new weapon variants would be nice.

So Mechwarriors. what weapons do you want?

Edited by XkrX Dragoon, 27 September 2016 - 10:59 AM.

#2 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:42 PM

I want new weapons. But I also don't want them to be straight upgrades to existing weapons. They either have reduced enough attributes to make up for their increases. Or they work under specific mechanics that limit how good they can be. And I really really don't like the idea of cash weapon packs like they do mech packs. With a delay in months before it's c-bill release. We don't need new accusations of p2w.

#3 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:34 PM

Well if you don't think this game needs more weapons you can't vote.
because clearly your not going to pick a weapon if you are of this position, yet your required to register..

#4 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:17 AM

Simply put - MWO DOES NOT need more weapons..

Introducing new weapons would only add to the unnecessary power creep, and mess up what little balance we have now..

Nor does it need more mechs..

What MWO needs is more maps, better FW, and general / overall immersion.

#5 ShaneoftheDead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:44 AM

New weapons? Yes, please! Posted Image

For starters, balance the playing field a little by giving Inner Sphere SSRM4 and LB5-X, if not also SSRM6 and LB20-X. Right now, Clans can mount these weapon systems giving them more build options. There is no viable streak boat for IS at the present. The best you can do is a KTO-18 with 5 SSRM2, and it just is not enough. Posted Image Just SSRM4s would give a nice boost from 10 to 20 streaks to that KTO build. The LB options are also natural choices. LB2-X... I guess that would not hurt either. None of these would make the IS mechs superior to Clan, just give them the option to move a bit closer.

I would also recommend giving both Inner Sphere and Clans the Heavy Machine Gun (HMG) and Light AC-2. Right now Machine Guns (MGs) are only really viable if you have 4 or more, at least for Inner Sphere. Perhaps the HMG could be made viable with 2? The Light AC-2 could open up more ballistic build options for Medium and Light Battlemechs. Of course, they would require testing and balancing but it would be very interesting. There is quite a void between the ½ ton MG and the 6 ton AC-2.

#6 ShaneoftheDead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:06 AM

Forgot to add that Weapon Packs sound too much like Pay to Win if they are MC only.

#7 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:19 AM

Personally, i would definitely pay to say, unlock said weapons universally. Sort of like an expansion pack? One time pay, unlock all weapons released, and be able to purchase them. Wouldnt me much different than converting xp to general xp now.
Now paying for weapons with mc every time they release them like mechs, **** no.

As far as balance goes, yes, the game needs to be balanced better, and yes, we need more maps. But personally, one of the greatest joys of mechwarrior, is customizing your ride with all of the gear and making it your own, playing with the same weapons on every mech is exhaustingly boring, "what will i put on this one! oh wait, same weapons i put on the last one"
And hey, if they added in more weapons, at least we would have 5 or 6 unbalanced op weapons, rather than just gauss rifles.

A good majority of the weapons we are missing, are medium and short range weapons. Right now, the game is seriously an lrm and sniper fuckfest. Shoot, duck behind cover, rinse repeat. Thats not mechwarrior.

Edited by XkrX Dragoon, 12 October 2016 - 08:24 AM.

#8 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 01 October 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

I want new weapons. But I also don't want them to be straight upgrades to existing weapons. They either have reduced enough attributes to make up for their increases. Or they work under specific mechanics that limit how good they can be. And I really really don't like the idea of cash weapon packs like they do mech packs. With a delay in months before it's c-bill release. We don't need new accusations of p2w.

Of course they would work under different mechanics. Were talking about completely different weapons. Take a look at sarna.net under battlemech weapons, youll see everything functions differently. The only things that might be considered straight upgrades are hyper velocity cannons, but even they work differently. Heavy gausses for example, are shorter range, higher damage gause rifles, like a shotgun gauss. Same with snub-nose ppcs and heavy lasers. They are similar in the difference between a ac-10 and an ac-20.

#9 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:34 AM

Pretty good pool and topic and even though I fear for balance, some of those weps I cant really deny. streak for IS, rotatory for fun and x pulse (seems harmless rly)

#10 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:04 AM

MWO certainly needs more weapons, especially if developers do want to remove IS-Clan power gap without bottlenecking on quirks. However, since we all now how "competent" PGI is, weaponization process should start with simplest thing possible - missing UAC / LB-X calibers for IS.

I'll happily take RACs / LACs, snub / capacitor / heavy PPCs and such, but let's be realistic - we are talking about people who were unable to implement ammo type switching for how many years now?

#11 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:37 PM

AN ERROR OCCURRED, YOU MUST CAST A VOTE IN EACH QUESTION.

but I don't want to.

For energy weapons, the only system I'd want to see added is the Binary Laser. That wasn't included.
For Ballistics, slug rounds for the LB-X.
For Missiles, Inferno SRM rounds, and the inclusion of Arrow IV artillery, with both Standard rounds, and Homing rounds.

All of those are the only weapons systems that I could think of that don't require a time-jump in order to be brought into the game.

Finding ways to make TSM relevant, too. I'd love C3 networking, but I have no idea how they'd pull it off when the targeting in the game is more or less already working that way.

#12 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:46 AM

inferno srm and a Hatchet, kick and punch ! It' a big part of the board game when desperate orto kick te locust in the bucket with an assault...

Heavy laser... a clan mech that do 10 damage per ton for the heavy med? if it have a chance to blow up or melt maybe... It's a crazy weapon..

#13 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:22 PM

I, for one, am okay some new weapons as long as none of them are from the poop **** game known as "MW4."

Add some from Ghost Bear's Legacy. Arrows might be a neat addition.

#14 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

Still no new weapons, but still releasing new mechs... :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users