Faction Leaderships

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Faction Leadership (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see the Top 10 units (according to the FW leaderboards) have voting power over what units can join or stay in the factions?

1. Yes, I want there to be at least some control within the factions. (6 votes [46.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. No, I am fine with the current chaos. (7 votes [53.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:29 PM

I think that the Top 10 loyalist units should have voting power (like the war voting power) over what units can be in their factions. This is what I am thinking:

1. Mercenary groups would have to apply to the factions and be approved by a majority vote.

2. Each unit would get a single vote which is decided by majority vote within the unit

3. Tie votes are broken by the faction leader (unit leader voted on by the other unit leaders).

4. If a unit should somehow being disgrace upon itself and the faction as a whole, then the council of ten should have the power to vote on exiling said unit (the current Clan Wolf vs CGBI War that now involves the entirety of both clans when we are trying to focus on the Inner Sphere is a prime example for this).

This is what I think. What does everyone else think?

Edited by Jep, 24 September 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#2 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:33 PM

Why, so you can go hide in a corner and keep your ball all to yourself? No, sorry, just because some egomaniac decides he doesn't like someone else in a game doesn't mean you should succumb to that and let them boot another player in a FREE TO PLAY GAME and dictate what they can and can't do.

Not voting no either because your polling options are already slanted towards the answer you want. Poor polling technique man.

Edited by Pat Kell, 24 September 2016 - 11:38 PM.

#3 Celtic Barbarian

Rookie

• The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:39 PM

Are you Serious? Really? I mean do you really want to break the game even more? I am not one for posting or trolling, but this is absolute absurdity. The focus of this game is to play. Get matches. Not ghost drop just to gain a planet. THIS GAME IS NOT TO BE PLAYED LIKE LORE. Its great that PGI introduced faction play with all the factions you can join, but at the end of the day people want matches. They want to actively play a game.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:43 PM

For that to happen, PGI would have to recognize the leaders of said units and then HOLD them accountable while promoting good will for the game, sign NDA, etc.

The three actual MPBT versions that ran from 91 to 2001 had that, the HL/HXO were essentially Customer Relationship managers for each House. We helped keep the peace, communicated with each other, provided direction for each House, provided assist to a House that lacked enough personnel to boost morale and keep them going, presented information that Kesmai needed to be released to the public, provided feedback to the Dev team, managed our own COC, built and provided constitutions for future HL selections, etc. If CW has been actually developed and PGI had wanted that in place, they would have already done it.

And units would not be ostracized/banned, only individuals who were discovered to have been hacking/etc, and if most of a unit had to be disbanded the pilots who were not at fault would be relocated to another unit in his current House or transferred to another House if he so requested, with the COC smoothing out the paperwork.

I honestly do not expect anything close to that happening with the current setup and atmosphere.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 26 September 2016 - 04:45 PM.

#5 Redchameleon

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:12 PM

I think I understand what you are getting at but I don't think that is very practical (at least right now). I don't like the idea of kicking a unit from a faction based on other players opinions (this could lead to ***-for-tat atmosphere which we don't need). I do like the idea of a council of some kind based on units that have put effort into taking territory.

#6 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:37 AM

This suggestion, to me, sounds like pure politics.

This is a game.

Politics has no place in a video game.

Also, I've also seen plenty of people leaving big units to start their own units, because of this reason or that, often disagreement with the unit's leadership, so this would ultimately make someone who told someone to piss off (for more or less legit reasons), and started their own unit, to beg and plead with that person to let them be in a faction.

Its absurd.

Don't over-complicate.

Edited by Vellron2005, 29 September 2016 - 04:38 AM.

#7 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:01 PM

Not every idea I get is a good one.

#8 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

Well, I would like to see some faction leadership, but only as NPCs. If given to player hands, that leader will either abuse that power to shaped it to the faction they want or boot units that do not agree with them. With NPC leaders, at least you have something to fight for in FW and it gives the mode a purpose and each faction their own unique identity. Even the game itself list the rules of each faction.
https://mwomercs.com...n-play/factions

So far I am going to have to vote no because someone with a huge ego is going to gut all the fun out of being a faction loyalist for the sake of their own pride and needs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users