Long Enough Yet? Please Address Kdk 3

201 replies to this topic

#1 Llymrel

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:29 AM

We all see it in the pug space, half the assaults are kdk 3 running 4 ultra ac weapons. Unless they really screw up, the kdk kills half the assaults and has a 700+ score.

People mock other kdk players as bad configs when they use lasers and missiles.

The competition boards are dominated by Kdk-3 where other assaults max points where kdk-3 starts.

Until Kdk-3 is addressed, it basically made all other assaults second class. No mech can stand up to 4 ultra10s on a 70kph 100 ton max armor mech with 2 arm shields.

Please fix the Kdk3 in the next pass. Powerdraw will be a major nerf to KdK but its not launched yet. For now, give it a negative ultra ac jam, negative ultra reload time, etc. Something to bring it in line with other assaults.

It would be a great day for a kdk to roll up on an atlas and be concerned about who will win.

Kodiak drivers, please pile on to say how its not true and a balanced mech. Other players tired of seeing so many kodiaks 3s depite the 250+ mechs in the game....add in your voice so maybe PGI hears it.

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:32 AM

I haven't bothered Mastering mine yet.

I just bring them out during challenges when I need to make short work of KMDs.

Eg. Today I needed three final IS Heavy KMDs. After two matches in a Kodiak I had 8 KMDs and was done.

And they're not even Mastered yet.

Incidentally, 4UAC10s isn't the strongest KDK-3 loadout.

Edited by Appogee, 25 September 2016 - 06:33 AM.

#3 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:40 AM

Posted Image

That particular build was pretty much murdered

They upped the GH multiplier by FIFTEEN times

The Kodiak 3 is the best assault chassis, but it's also already been nerfed. You can remove all the quirks on it, but that's where it should stop, for now.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:43 AM

I bought the KDK-3 only yesterday, so I had 8 games on it only, but those 8 games had already convinced me that KDK-3 is a walking cheat engine on pug queue. Even when carrying huge 400 XL engine, this thing carries enough firepower to obliterate whatever it is staring at. On super high mounts.

Posted Image

KDK-3 needs to be nerfed. And I say this as a guy who blew 50,000,000 C-Bills in order to try to master the KDK-3. Sure, spending 50 million just to have the mech immediately nerfed will hurt, but for the sake of pug queue, this monstrosity needs to be hit with a nerfbat.

Edited by El Bandito, 25 September 2016 - 06:49 AM.

#5 antiwarus

• Pip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:52 AM

Whats worse then the Kodiak 3 is a Kodiak 3 with a macro!

#6 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:03 AM

Kodiaks shouldn't have any quirks. That would solve the problem. Or at least the Kodiak 3 shouldn't have any quirks. The other Kodiaks are similar to the Atlas but have better placement and some better systems.

#7 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:35 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 25 September 2016 - 06:43 AM, said:

I bought the KDK-3 only yesterday, so I had 8 games on it only, but those 8 games had already convinced me that KDK-3 is a walking cheat engine on pug queue. Even when carrying huge 400 XL engine, this thing carries enough firepower to obliterate whatever it is staring at. On super high mounts.

Posted Image

KDK-3 needs to be nerfed. And I say this as a guy who blew 50,000,000 C-Bills in order to try to master the KDK-3. Sure, spending 50 million just to have the mech immediately nerfed will hurt, but for the sake of pug queue, this monstrosity needs to be hit with a nerfbat.

The pre-nerf Kodiak was fun
The SupaHunchDakkaBear
Posted Image

Naturally, after the significant gimping of the UAC40 build, it's stats have gone down to still stellar levels, but the 1000 average damage will be missed.

It already has half the damage the WubShee has, in a third of the matches.

Now, rational ways to nerf it? Current quirks give it next to nothing. Poorer torso yaw was suggested, like the Whale suffers from.

#8 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:52 AM

UAC Kodiaks are easier dealt with by burning them down from range with hit and fade attacks. Goose waffle Kodiacs on the other hand are a real pain in the *** to trade with at any range. Getting pugs to stay back though while ranged mechs strip down those UAC boats though...lolz.

As long as no one does anything creative, and goes to trade from 300m hiding behind the same rock in the middle of the map, this game will continue to have a ton of "balance" issues.

Edited by W A R K H A N, 25 September 2016 - 07:54 AM.

#9 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:50 AM

Goose-PPC Kodiaks have to be overwhelmed. One-for-one, they will win any trade.

#10 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

The KDK-3 is easy mode for sure. If the ballistics were in the arms, I think it would not be some murder machine. Just those high mounts, they are so wonderful.

#11 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:56 AM

I think removing the CT structure would be enough. Perhaps a slight torso twist rate reduction. Not much though.

#12 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 25 September 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

Goose-PPC Kodiaks have to be overwhelmed. One-for-one, they will win any trade.

A rule of thumb:

Push the PokeBear
Poke the DakkaBear

cUACs are rubbish at range, and Gauss has the stability of...unstable stuff (and ERPPCs lack sustainability, while the Gauss doesn't)

#13 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 25 September 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

I think removing the CT structure would be enough. Perhaps a slight torso twist rate reduction. Not much though.

Except Paul will never just do this to the offending variant. He'll do it to the entire chassis.

#14 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:00 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 25 September 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Torso twist amount, not rate.

I mean, the Battlemaster gets a measly 60 degrees, why the hell should the Kodiak get 80? PGI keeps giving certain 'Mechs really good base stats that they don't deserve. Another example is the Storm Crow with 130 degrees twist. Frickin' why? Why does it deserve to twist so well when my BJ-1X only gets 80? It's stupid.

#15 DrSaphron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 157 posts

I know PGI said no more negative quirks but the KDK3 needs a -5% to -10% heat dissappation quirk, that in itself will calm it right down, which really needs to happen. I have one myself and refuse to play it because it is so OP!!!

#16 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

@Mole: Is he on record as having said that because there are structure differences in the Highlanders and Battlemasters. Those obviously predate Kodiaks though.

#17 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

Targeted nerfs to the kdk3 uac builds, like some suggest, is a bad idea, since the gauss+ppc build is equally strong (maybe stronger) the only thing for example uac jam chance increase would do is funnel more players towards gauss+ppc but the mech would remain just as strong.

So any nerfs should be of the more general kind, like reducing agility or jaw or something. Obviously step 1 is removing the last positive quirks and see what that does (not much probably, but balancing should be careful)

#18 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:03 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 25 September 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

@Mole: Is he on record as having said that because there are structure differences in the Highlanders and Battlemasters. Those obviously predate Kodiaks though.

Just past experience

#19 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

Ya and that Nerf to the 10s, while it helped curb the Kodiak quad uac10 builds, you still see one occasionally(macro who'res) kind of sucks for other chassis'

#20 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:35 AM

LOL, dat salt. Clearly it's just a case of everyone good playing KDK and everyone bad playing something else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users