King Crab Hero

3 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:42 PM

Posted Image

KGC-B0531 "PULSAR"

Posted Image

Quirks:
TORSO TURN RATE (YAW): +35.00 %
ARMOR BONUS (LA): +17.00
ARMOR BONUS (RA): +17.00

New Quirks
BALLISTIC COOLDOWN: -10%
LBX SPREAD: -10.00 %
LBX COOLDOWN: -5.00 %
ENERGY RANGE: +15.00 %
ENERGY HEAT GENERATION: -10.00 %
PPC VELOCITY: +40.00 %
PPC HEAT GENERATION: -10.00 %

Hey guys, i looked at the Sarna.net, and found that KDK-SB or Spirit Bear isn't among the original Battletech mechs, likewise even Ilya Muromets of the Cataphract. Hero Variants, are PGI's invention as it seems, while they are canon, their origins are from MWO as opposed of the original battletech lore. Anyways, this is just my suggestion.

King Crab KGC-B0531 "Pulsar" is one of my dream-mech configuration, unfortunately the hardpoints are not available. The name is from the Crab Pulsar on the Crab Nebula, serving as the inspiration. This is a different take on the king crab, focusing on energy and long range.

Spoiler

Noticeably, it has the standard king-crab quirks, however, it has immense range quirks, as well as energy weapons have a relatively low heat, PPC is quite cool with -20% heat generation, and specifically not ER-PPC to remain cool. Compared to the AC/20 though, it's really really hot.

On the mech itself, the arm weapons are no longer ballistic, but energy hardpoints, making them quite low. On the torso however, right and left torsos have ballistic hardpoints, with an ECM.

The current build itself centers on a powerful 4xPPC + 2xLB10Xs Mix, four PPCs to break armor and LB10Xs to crit and for short range.

Equipped with an XL-engine, this makes the Pulsar a lot more vulnerable, but it has an ECM to make it relatively hard to pick with LRMs. How it is played is that, the PPC pairs on each arm would be fired sequentially than simultaneously. With XL-engine, it requires assistance, as well as i did not bothered with CASE as when the torso is destroyed you're dead anyways, it's just a waste of tonnage and slot.

Spoiler

So Dear PGI, if you ever plan on having a Hero King Crab, please take a look on my suggestion. However, i am not a balance-guru, nor a developer, i don't know a thing about balancing. But this is the idea of how i would like it to turn out; an energy-centric King-Crab than a ballistic one; the two PPCs on each arm, having a cumulative damage of 20, is literally the energy version of AC20, but has higher heat, longer range, and cooldown, with that emp effect.

As for my fellow Mechwarriors, please tell me what you think.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 28 September 2016 - 04:17 AM.

#2 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:07 AM

I would like to buy Hero King Crab, but I dont like PPC+LBX combination.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

Looks nice. I actually would like to have a hero King Crab

#4 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:30 PM

Crab Kong with 12 Ballistic Hardpoints and a 60 XL engine!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users