#1 jd7710

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 79 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationmid atlantic

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:55 AM

I will the first to admit that I am not a light pilot, however I will also say that running the same light mechs for over a year is well BORING. In my stable I have about 7 or 8 light mechs and probably 60 medium and heavies with 30 assault. The reason is simple there are more of those to drive than any other. I am just saying go for the 20 to 30 ton range and add variety.
Your thoughts and input are welcome and yes I am probably beating a dead horse here but got to try and make changes.
p.s. new maps would be a better choice and FP with an economy feature would be the icing on the cake!

#2 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:07 AM

Clans want a fire moth!

Seriously though, there is a Locust IIC.

#3 Miles McQuiston

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

There is a lot of variety in my opinion and I spend most of my time in a light mech. However the viability of a lot of lights is questionable at best. It might be tier dependent but the lights that got bigger and slower (adjustment to speed tweak/global rescale/movement archetype adjustment) made a lot of them "less" fun to drive.

Give me game modes, economy, and gigantic maps; before bothering with a potentially DOA arrival to the mechbay.

#4 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

The resale was a issue, especially since most lights are now easier to hit, and with the current game state, most lights can be killed or crippled with a single alpha from anything heavier if they hit.

Clans would enjoy a usable 20-25 ton mech. Cheetahs do get boring eventually. And while a mist lynx can be used for... Nevermind, the only use I have seen with it is as a filler to let people drop 3 75 ton mechs in FP.

#5 Aesthetech

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:07 PM

This is what happens when you have a volumetric scaling on designs that are based on cool factor/varied looks rather than optimal layouts. Some end up inherently better than others. To account for this and the fact that combat largely takes place on 1-2 planes in a ground-based combat game, axis-based weighting should have occurred with a volumetric resizing and did not. This is the end result.

#6 Miles McQuiston

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:27 AM

Didn't want to start a bash of the light mech and the problems after changes, it is my favorite chassis, just noting many of them are tougher to pilot well these days. The fire moth would be the clan locust and based off how the locust has been improved after rescale it would be one to add. Still would rather have features in game but if we are only gonna get a mech.....

Nighthawk513 you are spot on that a single alpha these days can wreck a light and the likelihood of hitting that light has increased significantly with mechs in the 35 ton range. 25 and below are still tough to hold sites on, 30 are easy to hit but still agile enough to not get annihilated, 35 are about as easy to hit as a 50 and lack the armor to shrug off the damage.

Alas fellow light pilots we just need to weather the storm. If the past is a good indicator of the future there will be changes good and bad.

Edited by Miles McQuiston, 30 September 2016 - 10:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users