Mwo Player Made A Mech Game!

Gameplay General News

60 replies to this topic

#1 Grim 13

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:54 AM

As the title says, MercStar's very own ARM32 made a mech based game... or rather a concept test platform. Here's his video showing off some of the features, some of them quite interesting!

UPDATES!

And yes, I know it's a 40 minute video and he's long-winded, but try to sit through it and think of the possibilities.

Edited by Grim 13, 16 October 2016 - 05:35 AM.

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:18 AM

It makes me miss that Mektek game that played like Mechwarrior 2/3 with slightly updated graphics Posted Image

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 26 September 2016 - 10:21 AM.

#3 Dr Wubs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:30 AM

A mech game developed by someone who actually plays mech games would be great!

Good luck to him.

#4 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:04 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 26 September 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

It makes me miss that Mektek game that played like Mechwarrior 2/3 with slightly updated graphics Posted Image

Literally all I care about from that video is HTAL. I want HTAL in MW:O already. It would make my life so much easier since I'm colorblind and suck at gauging how damaged mechs are because of it.

#5 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:17 PM

Way to go MercStar looks good finally someone that understands mechs and warfare and the mechs are not made of paper and the mechs take a good amount of damage before they die.

Now if Russ and PGI could just understand this MWO would be a much better game.
Its no wonder new players to MWO do a couple of drops die in 30 seconds because there mech armor does not work and is to weak then uninstall the game the same day.

Good luck bro let me know if you get a full working server and client I will play your game just because its a lot like MechWarrior 2 was which was fun to play.

Edited by KingCobra, 26 September 2016 - 12:18 PM.

#6 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:08 PM

Kudos to him for making something like this. My biggest complaint is that I wouldn't be able to play that full screen on a monitor with the cockpit moving so much. I get there is motion, but that just seems excessive to me.

#7 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

It looks like a cross between Chromehounds and a Mechwarrior game.

I wish the guy luck with it.

(I smile everytime that guy says, "weepins.")

#8 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:09 PM

View PostGrim 13, on 26 September 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

Heretic! it was for private use! other way, it wasn't secret, so... Whatever... Thanks =)

View PostDr Wubs, on 26 September 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

A mech game developed by someone who actually plays mech games would be great!
Good luck to him.

yep, sounds nice, but, full game with my curent tools - closer to dreams with unicorns... Sorry...

View PostKingCobra, on 26 September 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

Way to go MercStar looks good finally someone that understands mechs and warfare and the mechs are not made of paper and the mechs take a good amount of damage before they die.

Now if Russ and PGI could just understand this MWO would be a much better game.
Its no wonder new players to MWO do a couple of drops die in 30 seconds because there mech armor does not work and is to weak then uninstall the game the same day.

Good luck bro let me know if you get a full working server and client I will play your game just because its a lot like MechWarrior 2 was which was fun to play.

Thanks =) Eh, yep, it's a sea of opportunitys, possibilitys and potentials... But. 1 - tools, 2 - team. 1 and 2 needs $... Other way, this test too ugly for kickstartering... Other way, i'll think about additional tests, small (coz of PC), so, maybe... Eh, i'll look on results, after them - i'll think about ways...

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 26 September 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

Kudos to him for making something like this. My biggest complaint is that I wouldn't be able to play that full screen on a monitor with the cockpit moving so much. I get there is motion, but that just seems excessive to me.

It makes a point, i'll think about it, thanks.

View PostAnTi90d, on 26 September 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

(I smile everytime that guy says, "weepins.")

Yep, keep learning English... When i start playing MWO and CWI recruts me, it was more fun, about "Small Russian invasion" and "there is no Russian spy here", eh, good old times...

So, thanks, i dislike to promise anything, but, if or when, i'll get better PC - i'll dig deeper on tests, or also concept of something, whatever, we'll see how and where it can goes =) Also, MS still recruting =) MS TS - 67.23.26.161:8344 and u can find me there (if u want) =)
Thanks Posted Image

Edited by ARM32, 26 September 2016 - 03:10 PM.

#9 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:43 PM

Ok, small test №2 (camo). Got some ideas, so, if u want helps - info in video. And sorry for my English - keep learning...

#10 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:45 PM

View PostARM32, on 26 September 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

Heretic! it was for private use! other way, it wasn't secret, so... Whatever... Thanks =)

yep, sounds nice, but, full game with my curent tools - closer to dreams with unicorns... Sorry...

Thanks =) Eh, yep, it's a sea of opportunitys, possibilitys and potentials... But. 1 - tools, 2 - team. 1 and 2 needs $... Other way, this test too ugly for kickstartering... Other way, i'll think about additional tests, small (coz of PC), so, maybe... Eh, i'll look on results, after them - i'll think about ways...

It makes a point, i'll think about it, thanks.

Yep, keep learning English... When i start playing MWO and CWI recruts me, it was more fun, about "Small Russian invasion" and "there is no Russian spy here", eh, good old times...

So, thanks, i dislike to promise anything, but, if or when, i'll get better PC - i'll dig deeper on tests, or also concept of something, whatever, we'll see how and where it can goes =) Also, MS still recruting =) MS TS - 67.23.26.161:8344 and u can find me there (if u want) =)
Thanks Posted Image

Never promise anything to MWO players for it shall be held against you until the seventh generation. :D

#11 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:09 PM

View PostDavers, on 26 September 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

Never promise anything to MWO players for it shall be held against you until the seventh generation. Posted Image

Still not a problem, i can re-poke them, to buy a mechpack... =)

#12 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:22 PM

Great job dude. !!!!!

#13 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:44 PM

That was cool. Fun seeing how he does non-converging weapons.

#14 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:52 AM

But does it have Quadrupeds?!

#15 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:02 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 26 September 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

Great job dude. !!!!!

Thanks =)

View PostCtrlAltWheee, on 26 September 2016 - 11:44 PM, said:

That was cool. Fun seeing how he does non-converging weapons.

Just small idea, can be improved...

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 27 September 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

But does it have Quadrupeds?!

Curent moment - no, also, again - it's a test. But, i already make lots stuff flexible enough, so, possibility of 3-20 legs mech - 100% =) Also, if i'll continue this project from test, to something real, i'm get in plans "NOT 2 legged mechs" already...

Meow meow, comrads =) And please, needs more info of camo setup - 90 views, 1 info point...

Edited by ARM32, 27 September 2016 - 01:02 AM.

#16 Ngrasta

Rookie

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:43 PM

And this is the result of one persons effort on a barely capable machine. Get this man some interns and a better computer!

#17 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:47 PM

Happy to help. Bumping this thread for great justice.

I actually think an indie game like this could be loads of fun if you focus on keeping it simple and clean.

#18 William Mountbank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 671 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:48 PM

This thread pleases me greatly!

#19 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:09 AM

See the message on the inside of the gauss rifle arm "Nude girls -->" pointing to the muzzle :)

Reminds me of the Humvee meme with the .50 shield that says for free photo to "look here, smile, wait for flash".

#20 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:21 AM

Nice tech demo, if you make some wide nonspecific promises about developing this further there might be some that could donate some ca$h towards funds for a new PC.

Even if you don't see your self becoming a full time game developer, you could just see about making it a bit more pretty , add in a few more mechanics and make the thing open source.

With this as a good base there will probly be a number of devs who would try to build a bit and try to sell it on steam X) , at some point something good might crop up X) .

Edited by Nik Reaper, 28 September 2016 - 12:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users