60 replies to this topic

#41 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:23 AM

ARM, are you planning on making any tests soon? I'm hyped to see how you progress on this project.

Also any tests of splash damage mechanics (long tom lol)?

Edited by vocifer, 01 October 2016 - 09:23 AM.

#42 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

I really like the guy's radar. I think MWO's is too cluttered and provides too much image to sort through. That should be the battlemap's job and the radar needs to be a simplified version of the terrain and buildings, i.e. elevation lines, shapes for buildings/obstructions, and the mech markers (maybe other things, idk).

#43 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:25 PM

View Postvocifer, on 01 October 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

ARM, are you planning on making any tests soon? I'm hyped to see how you progress on this project.

Also any tests of splash damage mechanics (long tom lol)?

Too much work, not enough free time... But yes, working around "something new" already, but it'll take time... Splash damage already on my list.

View PostMauttyKoray, on 01 October 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

I really like the guy's radar. I think MWO's is too cluttered and provides too much image to sort through. That should be the battlemap's job and the radar needs to be a simplified version of the terrain and buildings, i.e. elevation lines, shapes for buildings/obstructions, and the mech markers (maybe other things, idk).

Thanks. Yep, it's only part of one old idea... Lines on 3D eats more than 2d picture, so... As for me - better to put this resources to other parts...

#44 Grim 13

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

WOW! The topic is growing nicely Posted Image Keep the discussion up, boys 'n' girls and feed ARM as many ideas and as much info as you can <3

#45 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

Small question: how is mech v mech collisions are currently handled? And how are you planning to handle them?

Cause I've just returned from here: http://mwomercs.com/...-alpha-strikes/ and I refuse to accept the fact that we can't have simple Newtons physics in the game and give an excuse for running some arcade BS instead.

#46 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:29 AM

This is the nicest thread on this forum.

More power to you!

#47 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:52 PM

View PostGrim 13, on 02 October 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

WOW! The topic is growing nicely Posted Image Keep the discussion up, boys 'n' girls and feed ARM as many ideas and as much info as you can <3

Not to fast, as for me, but it's still a test... Also keep working on first "addon", but real life and real work, just eats all my time...

View Postvocifer, on 03 October 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

Small question: how is mech v mech collisions are currently handled? And how are you planning to handle them?

Cause I've just returned from here: http://mwomercs.com/...-alpha-strikes/ and I refuse to accept the fact that we can't have simple Newtons physics in the game and give an excuse for running some arcade BS instead.

Now it works same as mech collides the wall. All works around it'll be not earlier then network + alpha test... Or we get 1 more video like "Goons vs Paul"...

View PostHunka Junk, on 03 October 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

This is the nicest thread on this forum.

More power to you!

Thanks. *Reloading sound* =)

#48 wolf74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:11 AM

View PostKisumiKitsune, on 03 October 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

This has wet my apatite, as well as other things.

Please tell me this is still played at least a little, and if so, where to find it. MW2 mercs was my childhood.

This is the LAST version of the AT1: Battletech, (the Project is closed)
https://drive.google...eW1HZFdXTGFRb1k

There a Readme.txt and a Battlemech Layouts.pdf in the root folder. This will help you with Key-mapping and some thing in the Mech Lab.

No We never got to Mutiplayer, Sake906 was the Main Programmer of that remake, It just Setup the two side to fight with you ether watching or Piloting one mech. Matchs can be as big as 25 VS 25.

I was the one Mapping out the Mech internals, weapons, heat, ranges and was translating Battletech rules to a Real time format. Sake906 did 98% of the coding and most of the model and textures. The compiler we use was called Blitz3d which used Directx 7.

Edited by wolf74, 04 October 2016 - 02:13 AM.

#49 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

View PostRailgun05, on 29 September 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

Because there is a language barrier, if I am understanding correctly, Let say you have 2 ERLL with no target. You want to be able to set the cross point manually (i.e. say 90M to 1k) with the scroll wheel.

I can see the reason for LRMs if you are looking to be able to blind fire, but what are you looking to achieve with direct fire weapons?

Well in theory if you alligned your weapons to converge at day 600m and kept your enemy at that range you would hit with the majority of the weapons on the mech. Granted it would probably need alignment time.

I just wanted to toss out a question. In your demo would you be able to integrate a laser durability scale? In the long run firing lasers continuously should damage the equipment, and it would curb alpha for days play with lasers.

Just wondering.

#50 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostBaulven, on 04 October 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

Well in theory if you alligned your weapons to converge at day 600m and kept your enemy at that range you would hit with the majority of the weapons on the mech. Granted it would probably need alignment time.

I just wanted to toss out a question. In your demo would you be able to integrate a laser durability scale? In the long run firing lasers continuously should damage the equipment, and it would curb alpha for days play with lasers.

Just wondering.

Hi, it's already there, just need to put info on UI... Laser can be damage by: 1 - something hit it and make damage, 2 - overheat. And overheat already on UI - when name of weapon comes red - don't use it, or it'll get damage... Also, got some idea for lasers, i'll test them after some works.

#51 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:04 PM

Looks very interesting hope to see more of this in the future. looks very much like another one of those fun mecha games.

#52 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:22 PM

The name ARM is synonymous with the mobile CPU architecture of ARM, that is used both in Android and iOS devices.

Ever think of doing a mech game for Android and iOS?

This game is doing very well in both platforms. I am playing it not just for fun but to explore what makes it tick, what makes it successful and where it can be improved. The game shows there is a strong market (10 to 50 million downloads in Google Play alone) for a stompy, more strategic, robot shooter, and even outranks Wargaming's World of Tanks Blitz (4.5 stars out of 5 vs. 4.3 for Blitz).

I am convinced if done simple and right, a Battletech or Mechwarrior franchise game can make it on mobile platforms.

While not up to the level of the latest PC platforms and nVidia cards, the graphics I can see from mobile CPUs now --- I play this with a Google Pixel C, which has nVidia Tegra X1 --- is definitely better now than Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 graphics, me having played Chromehounds on the XBox 360 and Armored Core on the PS3.

Edited by Anjian, 07 October 2016 - 09:27 PM.

#53 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:44 PM

View PostAnjian, on 07 October 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

The name ARM is synonymous with the mobile CPU architecture of ARM, that is used both in Android and iOS devices.

Ever think of doing a mech game for Android and iOS?

This game is doing very well in both platforms. I am playing it not just for fun but to explore what makes it tick, what makes it successful and where it can be improved. The game shows there is a strong market (10 to 50 million downloads in Google Play alone) for a stompy, more strategic, robot shooter, and even outranks Wargaming's World of Tanks Blitz (4.5 stars out of 5 vs. 4.3 for Blitz).

I am convinced if done simple and right, a Battletech or Mechwarrior franchise game can make it on mobile platforms.

While not up to the level of the latest PC platforms and nVidia cards, the graphics I can see from mobile CPUs now --- I play this with a Google Pixel C, which has nVidia Tegra X1 --- is definitely better now than Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 graphics, me having played Chromehounds on the XBox 360 and Armored Core on the PS3.

1 - ARM - Angry Russian Man =)
2 - Not now. Maybe after some time.
3 - Funny, but prefer more tactic in gameplay (FW instead quick plays)...

#54 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:53 PM

Interesting.

War Robots were developed by Russians too!

#55 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:15 AM

View PostAnjian, on 07 October 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

Interesting.

War Robots were developed by Russians too!

Yep comrade, in Russia we love making robots =)

Whatever, i'm keep working on my test project, but, not enough free time, eh...

#56 Ngrasta

Rookie

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:25 PM

Keep the updates coming! It's always interesting to see what new additions have been made to the game. Having heard some of the ideas on the back burner have really got me excited.

#57 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:02 AM

[mod]This thread has been moved to Off Topic Discussions.[/mod]

#58 Bezerkah

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:17 PM

Arm32 Great job! This looks like a lot of fun.

#59 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:33 AM

Just made a small update, with network...

#60 Ngrasta

Rookie

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:34 AM

Thrilled to be part of this test! Keep checking back to this thread to find out about further updates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users