- - - - -

Sell Mech And Free A Bay

4 replies to this topic

#1 IceCold Nastea

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:37 AM

So after having bought 3 variants of the same chassis in order to master them is there any reason not to sell 1 or even 2 to free the bays after mastering? I have 3 tbrs and may use 2 in faction olay eventually but seems like i should sell 1 to free its bay for my next mech group.

#2 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:43 PM

Only the obvious reason of 'collecting'. My goal is own all the mechs... ambitious..

If you do sell them, consider which pods you might want to keep. And strip them of the weapons.

Omnipods are not all that expensive, so stip them or keep them. No biggie either way, just don't sell those Large Pulse lasers and LRM 20's & etc...... :)

#3 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:09 PM

As far as omni mechs are concerned:

1) to have multiple copies of a mech (with the same or different loadouts) available for use in drop decks

2) because you don't like to remake a mech loadout every time you want to switch roles or play styles or whatever

3) to compete on different variant leader boards, if available (not always)

Keeping the omnipods is a space saving way of keeping a variant omnimech (with the proviso that you are not actually keeping a variant mech, just its hardpoints). 7 omnipods (you cannot keep the CT omnipod) easily totals around 800-900k cbills in sell price, and are generally worth keeping unless you don't ever see yourself using that hardpoint configuration in that location ever again, ever.

for me, #2. It's a pain in the *** when everyone is ready for a drop, and that ONE guy is like "wait wait, I just need to rebuild this mech... put this here... did I sell... no there it is... what am i forgetting....oh yeah that.... and oh whoops gotta set weapon groups hold on hold on... hmm maybe I want to try.... instead.... if I....."

And personally not fond of having to do all those things myself. Major time (and potentially cost) wasting in reconfiguring the one mech over and over and over.

#4 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:57 PM

As a general rule, we don't recommend selling mechs because of the poor resale value. Add to that the fact that mech bays are very inexpensive, or if you save the MC you get from events and things you will be able to afford new mech bays after a little bit. Additionally, mech bays go on sale for half off about twice a year.

If you absolutely need the space, then go ahead and sell it.

Besides faction play, every now and then PGI will mess with mech quirks which really mixes up the comparative power of the mechs.

#5 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:05 PM

Like Mailin says, most times you sell a 'mech, particularly early on, you will regret it. You're better off springing for seven bucks of MC and buying a few bays to tide you over until your total from events and challenges exceeds your space needs. I've got three empty bays and over 1000 MC right now - and I cannot remember when I last bought a bay, or MC.

Edited by Void Angel, 29 September 2016 - 01:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users