Multiple Monitors - 2016

8 replies to this topic

#1 KishPrime

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:35 AM

I've spent a considerable amount of time in forum searches on this topic and cannot find anything newer than 2013. What is the current status on running the game across multiple monitors? I see the videos of three-monitor setups spanning the cockpit, and would like to replicate it, but I don't see any guides to it or options in the game.

Right now I've only got 2 monitors but have a new 1060 video card on the way. If I can get it working on 2, I'd consider a third, honestly.

#2 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:58 AM

There's no UI scaling, so as long as you can deal with that, there's probably a way to make it work. There are definitely a few guys that use 3-monitor setups. 2 is awful because of bezels.

#3 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

I utilize displayfusion along with 3x Hanns-G HL272 27" 2ms gaming monitors since 2012 when I built my current PC - building a new gaming rig based on the i7 Skylake beginning next week with SLI EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0+ - replacing my ASUS Sabertooth Z77 & i5-3570K o/c to 4.2Ghz w/single EVGA GTX 970 SC 4GB. I've been acquiring parts for awhile now to fill in the gaps. Anyhow, I recommend using software to solve your problem until PGI decides to address the issue with an in game option(s).

haha, apologies -- so psyched about bringing new build together I went off topic just a tad ;) Best of luck, Kish <S>

#4 KishPrime

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostSTR8-Eight, on 27 September 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

I utilize displayfusion along with 3x Hanns-G HL272 27" 2ms gaming monitors since 2012 when I built my current PC - building a new gaming rig based on the i7 Skylake beginning next week with SLI EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0+ - replacing my ASUS Sabertooth Z77 & i5-3570K o/c to 4.2Ghz w/single EVGA GTX 970 SC 4GB. I've been acquiring parts for awhile now to fill in the gaps. Anyhow, I recommend using software to solve your problem until PGI decides to address the issue with an in game option(s).

haha, apologies -- so psyched about bringing new build together I went off topic just a tad Posted Image Best of luck, Kish <S>

Thanks for the suggestion, and congrats on the rig! What software does one use to fix the issue?

#5 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:55 PM

I currently use DisplayFusion https://www.displayfusion.com/ - I hope that helps buddy!

#6 KishPrime

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:47 AM

I found out I can just use NVidia surround. So now I just need a better monitor setup! Thanks for the help.

#7 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:22 AM

Nvidia surround works perfectly fine for gameplay... but as mentioned the UI is unreadable. a friend of mine ended up using a 4th 17" monitor mirrored that is what he uses for the UI, then turns off for gameplay.

#8 Raidflex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 63 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:58 AM

Personally after moving to a ultrawide 34in display its much better then dealing with bezels. I just wish I could use a second monitor for the mini map though.

#9 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:07 PM

Works great in Nvidia surround. I didn't really have a problem with the ui... just that it spanned all three displays. So the mech lab can be a lot of back and forth with your head. Don't expect to record game play in surround tho. You're going to hate 2 monitors with the bezel right down the center

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users