Thank You For Gifting Me This Wonderful Mech Known As Arc-5W.

BattleMechs Gameplay Achievements

55 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:39 PM

First thing is first. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy this wonderful machine early on, if JackalBeast and Aetes Nakatomi had not gifted me the Archer packs. Many kudos to their kind hearts. Posted Image

When I first saw the 9 missile hardpoints on the 5W, I knew I was going to boat the ever living **** out of LRMs. AND NOTHING ELSE. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. The mech performed more successfully than I ever expected, and the thrill of dancing on the edge of LRM minimum range while the enemy is after me, is something else entirely. I have not reached the pinnacle of lurmbending, yet. I still struggle with the Archer's super low cockpit and vulnerable hitboxes while trying to get a lock, but otherwise, it is a deadly design.

I managed to reach second place at the end of this event on the Archer leaderboard using my 8xLRM5 build, which is more than I could hope for, given the massive amount of AMS I faced while climbing up the ladder.

Posted Image

And here is the 5W's general stats, with over 200 matches played in Solo-Q. It is one of my best mechs in Puglandia. I thank all my teammates who had heeded my calls, respected LRMs, and cooperated with my play style. They were the ones who usually won alongside me.

Posted Image

My LRM5 stats. 42.8% accuracy will at least shush those who might accuse me of lobbing LRMs from 900 meters away in the back. I admit there were plenty of games where dual or triple AMS mechs had greatly reduced my damage output, but there were always some bumblers on the enemy team who strayed far away from the AMS umbrella for me to take advantage of.

Posted Image

*Edit* Here is the new loadout that I find superior to my old 300XL 17 DHS build, after testing it around. Still has 1980 rounds of LRM ammo but with 340 XL, it adds 10 more KPH speed at the expense of 2 less DHS, which I find as an acceptable trade. I chain fire my eight LRM5s 4x4--which seems to be the most ideal DPS to heat ratio for me. I also pack Coolshot and UAV as consumables. BAP is non-negotiable. Despite its low leg armor, I don't remember ever been legged in my Archer.

Posted Image

I had mad fun with my 5W, I really did. It is gonna be a mech that I will always feel comfortable to strap myself into. Now though, with the prizes I won from this event, I bought a trio of Rifleman to play with. And JackalBeast had again gifted me with a pack--The Night Gyr pack. Those mechs will definitely occupy my time, so I must rest my trusty 5W in the garage for the foreseeable future, to the relief of my opponents no doubt. I am sure they are sick of getting pummeled by LRMs from nowhere. Posted Image

TL;DR

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 01 October 2016 - 08:18 PM.

#2 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:44 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 September 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

First thing is first. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy this wonderful machine early on, if JackalBeast and Aetes Nakatomi had not gifted me the Archer packs. Many kudos to their kind hearts. Posted Image

When I first saw the 9 missile hardpoints on the 5W, I knew I was going to boat the ever living **** out of LRMs. AND NOTHING ELSE. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. The mech performed more successfully than I ever expected, and I know that I haven't even learned all the tricks I could do with this build. I have not reached the pinnacle of lurmbending, yet. I still struggle with the Archer's super low cockpit and vulnerable hitboxes while trying to get a lock, but otherwise, it is a deadly design.

I managed to reach second place at the end of this event on the Archer leaderboard using my 8xLRM5 build, which is more than I could hope for, given the massive amount of AMS I faced while climbing up the ladder.

Posted Image

And here is the 5W's general stats, with over 200 matches played in Solo-Q. It is one of my best mechs in Puglandia. I thank all my teammates who had heeded my calls, respected LRMs, and cooperated with my play style. They were the ones who usually won alongside me.

Posted Image

My LRM5 stats. 42.8% accuracy will at least shush those who might accuse me of lobbing LRMs from 900 meters away in the back. I admit there were plenty of games where dual or triple AMS mechs had greatly reduced my damage output, but there were always some bumblers on the enemy team who strayed far away from the AMS umbrella for me to take advantage of.

Posted Image

And here is the loadout I used for almost all my games with the 5W. 1980 rounds of LRM ammo and 17 DHS to keep those launchers busy. I chain fire my eight LRM5s 4x4--which seems to be the most ideal DPS to heat ratio for me. I also pack Coolshot and UAV as consumables. BAP is non-negotiable. Despite its low leg armor, I don't remember ever been legged in my Archer.

Posted Image

I had mad fun with my 5W, I really did. It is gonna be a mech that I will always feel comfortable to strap myself into. Now though, with the prizes I won from this event, I bought a trio of Rifleman to play with. And JackalBeast had again gifted me with a pack--The Night Gyr pack. Those mechs will definitely occupy my time, so I must rest my trusty 5W in the garage for the foreseeable future, to the relief of my opponents no doubt. I am sure they are sick of getting pummeled by LRMs from nowhere. Posted Image

TL;DR

Posted Image

I'm glad your enjoying the 5W, it is a good mech. I personally like to run mine with 5x LRM5s and 4x SRM4s.

#3 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:45 PM

View PostCoralld, on 27 September 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

I'm glad your enjoying the 5W, it is a good mech. I personally like to run mine with 5x LRM5s and 4x SRM4s.

Hybrid build is safer, yes, but more boring. Did you have to quote the whole thing, though? :P

#4 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:49 PM

Hahaha hate em but enjoy yours man.
And stop stealing my meme.

#5 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 September 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

Hybrid build is safer, yes, but more boring. Did you have to quote the whole thing, though? :P

Using my phone.

Yeah, it is safer and I guess boring to some. But I must admit, I get my jollies when an enemy thinks I'm a pure LRM build and moves in for what they think is an easy kill, then I vomit rockets all over their face and proceed to squeal with joy as they try to escape. :P

Edited by Coralld, 27 September 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#6 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:42 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 September 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

You LRM a lot...do you see an actual accuracy difference between your Artemis and non-Artemis launchers?

I realize that LRM accuracy isn't the end all/be all stat but it's interesting to me that all my launchers sit around 40-45%, regardless of Artemis or not.

#7 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:43 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 27 September 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

You LRM a lot...do you see an actual accuracy difference between your Artemis and non-Artemis launchers?

I realize that LRM accuracy isn't the end all/be all stat but it's interesting to me that all my launchers sit around 40-45%, regardless of Artemis or not.

No difference. My IS LRM 5/10 launchers sit at 42%, Artemis or no, while my Clan LRM5/10 launchers sit at 48%, Artemis or no.

Same thing for bigger launchers. IS LRM15 sits at 39% and Clan LRM15 sits at 42%--Artemis made no difference.

#8 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:18 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 September 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

Same thing for bigger launchers. IS LRM15 sits at 39% and Clan LRM15 sits at 42%--Artemis made no difference.

Just on that - Artemis isn't necessarily about accuracy though, it's really got nothing to do with it.

Lock on time and spread is what you'd be running Artemis for, not really for accuracy. Plus you need to be LOS for Artemis to be effective. If you sit behind cover without LOS more often than not, you'll never really tell :)

#9 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:47 PM

And other thing beside accuracy on Artemis vs vanilla, is how much Artemis helps you kill enemies faster. But that is harder to test in real matches.

#10 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:08 PM

^ indeed.

#11 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

I run mine with 8x SRM4s. It wrecks faces almost effortlessly.

#12 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 27 September 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

Just on that - Artemis isn't necessarily about accuracy though, it's really got nothing to do with it.

Lock on time and spread is what you'd be running Artemis for, not really for accuracy. Plus you need to be LOS for Artemis to be effective. If you sit behind cover without LOS more often than not, you'll never really tell Posted Image

Decreased spread = more accuracy, in the case of LRM15/20, and even LRM 10. Decreased lock-time = less time for the enemy to react = more accuracy for all launchers. So theoretically Artemis should noticeably increase accuracy on most, if not all launchers, which is not being the case, strangely. Unless one 100% fires from cover.

#13 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:36 PM

Lol wot. Give it back. That's not even cool bruh... :-)

#14 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:12 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 27 September 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

Lock on time and spread is what you'd be running Artemis for, not really for accuracy. Plus you need to be LOS for Artemis to be effective. If you sit behind cover without LOS more often than not, you'll never really tell Posted Image

I doubt too many people are hitting 40% and up with LRMs firing mostly from behind cover, unless they're working with a premade all the time.

View PostHit the Deck, on 27 September 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

And other thing beside accuracy on Artemis vs vanilla, is how much Artemis helps you kill enemies faster. But that is harder to test in real matches.

Well, that was why I worded the question specifically about accuracy. Artemis should be killing things faster since you're hitting closer to CT more but I'm not even sure how much that is really a factor.

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 September 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

Decreased spread = more accuracy, in the case of LRM15/20, and even LRM 10. Decreased lock-time = less time for the enemy to react = more accuracy for all launchers. So theoretically Artemis should noticeably increase accuracy on most, if not all launchers, which is not being the case, strangely. Unless one 100% fires from cover.

No way your accuracy would be that high firing from behind cover all the time. I've actually been pulling Artemis off setups that have 3+ launchers and a TAG available, as the extra 3+ tons of ammo should make up for the less damage due to the inaccuracy of non-Artemis launchers. However, in actual practice, I'm getting the same accuracy (more or less) without Artemis...which leads me to wonder why I'm sacrificing ammo count in the first place. Then again, this only matters if you run all bins dry, since the extra potential damage only becomes apparent once you exceed the total amount of missiles on that same build you would have fired (and run dry) with Artemis.

I mean...if you threw Artemis on that build you posted (not that you would), you'd only have 3 tons of ammo for 8 ARLM5s instead of 11 tons for 8 LRM5s. Obviously an extreme case comparison...3 tons for 3 15s isn't as drastic but I've been questioning if that's even worth it at times.

One thing I'd also like to mention is that not having Artemis may actually conserve ammo, since you can't always acquire locks in time to get the salvo off. On the other hand, as Wayne Gretzky (and not Michael Jordan) said...you miss 100% of all shots you don't take.

#15 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 September 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

Not quite. You're confusing things.

A hit is a hit, it doesn't matter where it's hitting.

With Artemis the spread is less, it cares about where you are hitting, so faster killing rather than accuracy. I'd expect zero change is accuracy numbers but more so a decrease in the time to kill as there is less spread. I mean LRM5 is already pretty tight so it wouldn't me massively notable.

#16 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 27 September 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

Not quite. You're confusing things.

A hit is a hit, it doesn't matter where it's hitting.

With Artemis the spread is less, it cares about where you are hitting, so faster killing rather than accuracy. I'd expect zero change is accuracy numbers but more so a decrease in the time to kill as there is less spread. I mean LRM5 is already pretty tight so it wouldn't me massively notable.

I'm not confusing things. LRM15 and 20 have enough spread in them so that some of the missiles completely miss even stationary targets. Artemis tightens the spread, making more missiles to hit the target, which means more accuracy. Simple observation in testing grounds can prove that.

#17 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:25 PM

That is more a IS specific issue, given the firing pattern.

I'm talking about accuracy as in more missing hitting the CT/taking down a target faster with Arty. So be that 90% CT, 10% Torso vs 80% CT / 20% T - or whatever the break up may be percentage wise.

Arty by tightening the spread (with the LOS) means missile is more accurate in terms of CT hits.

#18 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:47 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 September 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

I'm not confusing things. LRM15 and 20 have enough spread in them so that some of the missiles completely miss even stationary targets. Artemis tightens the spread, making more missiles to hit the target, which means more accuracy. Simple observation in testing grounds can prove that.

Are you sure the accuracy stats are calculated per missile though?

Could be that it's by volley, so that if one missile from a lrm 20 salvo hits, then that's counted as a hit.

#19 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:59 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 27 September 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

Are you sure the accuracy stats are calculated per missile though?

Could be that it's by volley, so that if one missile from a lrm 20 salvo hits, then that's counted as a hit.

Yes, looking at the numbers it's clear they are per missile. My max with C-LRM5+A is 36%.

Edited by Teer5, 27 September 2016 - 11:00 PM.

#20 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:03 PM

Remote-locked pure LRM5 spamming earns top spot on leaderboard... It's a sad day to realise this is what the game has become.

No offense to El Bandito. He is just playing the game the way it is made.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users