#1 Azure Kit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:54 AM

Greetings Mechwarriors.

So I found out I'm qualified for both the Summoner E and F, and I wanna get a third Summoner for mastery's sake, any suggested chassis/builds?

Edited by Jason Vile, 28 September 2016 - 06:54 AM.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:42 AM

Doesn't make a ton of difference, the quirks don't vary much on the CTs. I think the D is probably the best and the Prime the worst, but it's not huge any way you slice it (like missing 5% reverse speed, tiny stuff).

Builds are pretty limited: dual ERPPC, ERPPC/Gauss, ASRM30. Can do a weak gauss vomit (gauss and 4ERML).

Can streak or LRM, too, but those are both chassis wastes IMO.

HOWEVER, once the new pods drop, you'll be able to do 6E, which allows beefier laser options and you'll be able to put the PPCS or gauss/PPC builds all in the torsos, which is a big improvement.

Edited by TercieI, 28 September 2016 - 08:48 AM.

#3 Azure Kit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:46 AM

Thanks, I'll play around in the garage some before I start savin up. Shame the JJs are hard wired, I like running mechs stock sometimes and theres just no space for ammo on the Prime.

#4 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

I would get the Summoner-B as it most different from the others. Heavy mechs are on sale through the 30th. I suggest you get it at discount.

#5 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:00 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 28 September 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

I would get the Summoner-B as it most different from the others. Heavy mechs are on sale through the 30th. I suggest you get it at discount.

How do you mean? In terms of pods? That really doesn't matter on an omnimech since all that varies is CT hardpoints and quirks. Though the B does give you all the missile pods so if you're going to do SRMs, that's your pick (see also SCR-D).

#6 Azure Kit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys, after some fiddling around in the lab I decided to go for the Summoner C. Outfit it with 2 ER Meds, SRM6, and an LBX20. I'll grab whatever pods I fancy as I go. Thanks again for the suggestions!

#7 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostJason Vile, on 28 September 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, after some fiddling around in the lab I decided to go for the Summoner C. Outfit it with 2 ER Meds, SRM6, and an LBX20. I'll grab whatever pods I fancy as I go. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Have fun and good luck. Personally I think it's a very fun chassis and totally worth picking one up to go with the Loyalty ones.

#8 Azure Kit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostTercieI, on 28 September 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

Have fun and good luck. Personally I think it's a very fun chassis and totally worth picking one up to go with the Loyalty ones.

Yeah, I always liked em. The F variant is the stock loadout from Mechwarrior 4 Mercs I think. I might just run that one SuperStock, who knows?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users